Should I panic about the elections?
Many people are panicked about what if Joe Biden "loses". I am to say I myself have been thinking about this. But from my experience of things of trauma and difficulty aka 2017, it helps if you actually have a plan behind things. See how you can improve things. Have you voted? If so, you can motivate others to vote.
I awoke today at a time people usually go to lunch or highschool would have been out-to awaken to a text from a friend I had encouraged to vote and they put out there, " what if Biden is to lose?". I told them the harsh words they needed to hear. That simply this fear was not an excuse to not perform their civic duty and that many people use this fear to not go and vote. As if they realize to theirsleves they cannot do anything to change the circumstances. But lo and behold folks, you can change the circumstances. You can make the change. I told her that her vote matter regardless of who wins. Especially in my area, Harris County, Republicans have been trying to stop people in this region from voting by any means necessary. That would be a long story to even go over now in this context. But simply voting is a spite to them and their will to silence an area that is largely filled with people of color and democrats. Its a sign that people will not allow them reign over them as the false kings and queens they suppose theirselves to be. That people won't let them do what they want. People in my region have vote 95% percent of what they had vote at all in 2016 in just early voting. Just by that. Many people realize they live in a democracy and their voice counts. I told her this and got up for the day. At first I did see the text midsleep and just went back to sleep but then realized it was important to tell her the real pragmatic circumstance of things. Why voting for a candidates at all despite whether they will win or not.
I want to drive you to that realm of can do today on the last day of early voting. You if not having voted and are eligible and worry if Joe Biden is going to lose, go and vote. If you have voted and your family have voted for Joe Biden- go and convince others to vote. What namely I have been doing this week with an everyday post encouraging people to go and vote; is simply something of action because I realize more can be done behind an effort. More can be registered. I have surely reached at least 15-20 people each day for a post I made and more because I post to facebook as well. I am telling you that I would have never gotten this one person to vote if I was to say, " I voted and now time to panic". Nope. By action alone of posting on this site, I have reached about 60+ people in a week encouraging them to vote. I don't know if they voted but at least the message got out there and at least 1 person who would not have voted at all, voted because of my actions. Not to be self oriented at all in saying this but your perspective folks does matter.
Tonight, tomorrow and everyday up the election-you can encourage people to vote especially those close to you and it will make a damn difference. You can make the change especially when you encourage them to vote behind Biden. Tomorrow, is the last day of early voting and if you are with any form of panic-take some of your day to promote the candidate that works to make a better tomorrow. Even helping edge off voter suppression will make you a hero especially when you encourage people to vote. Don't panic or worry folks, just encourage people to vote for Biden even if they don't budge-you still made an effort than doing nothing at all.
Comments
Post a Comment