Breaking Ponies progress. I did not find the original story, exactly( but maybe something better).
So, I looked and I looked and I did not find the written story for Breaking Ponies. I mean enough that it was actually made on two sheets of printer paper, all forty serials and yea, I have to say there were a set of these ideas but all I can find is the Polard's spin off. It is a shame I have lost it but its somewhere in my papers with the other set of ideas. I would have to go looking through all my 2013 and 2014 stuff to find anything of the sort and well that is something I don't want to do right now. You will just see alot of ideas that you never completed and then get distracted trying to complete them. The most annoying thing when you are trying to be committed to goals but sometimes its necessary.
Whilst the story written is not available at this time, I actually created a draft of Breaking Ponies(fall 2014) or rather two that communicate the ideas of the work as what I wrote in spring 2013( when the first Breaking Ponies was written). The first one does a better job in explaining the story and the 2nd one done in spring 2016 kinda was to expand the idea but yet I never finished the effort because I was too tired and actually I had a ailment afflicting me in this time period. I mean enough that this 2nd version would have become somewhat of a full story if only I had health and was not overworking myself already in that time period. Albeit I have the health now to do something or another about this work if I was going to do it.
So basically, all I had to do to get a written story (whilst I changed certain things) was just to write what happened in each serial down which could be transferred into a new version of the story, if that is what I was going to do. Pretty much, the story is okay but the second volume in my opinion just goes off the rails and is doing a bit too much. Really progresses things too fast in my opinion and undercuts the story. But the original purpose of the format I choose in spring 2013 was just to tell an experimental but original story and if I did not like anything I could just push out or replace it or delay it to make the story I actually want to create. To say Breaking Ponies actually changed alot from its concept in spring 2012 but I am thinking that I am going to make use of those ideas but in a different way that still goes along with what is currently there. I mean, enough to the point is the fact that the spring 2013 basically was just an adaptation based on the original concept ideas itself and did not use the conventional writing method I used when creating stories for Kyeombi essentially. Breaking Ponies never was written as a full series as Chainman and Duster or took the length of time to create. It was basically a limited series itself and only has two volumes. Though I am to say somewhat was created in an experiment to see how much quality "story" can be made in a period of time. I am to say that the work is of good quality but some pieces of the story are just throw aways and easily crumble away because there was not enough time to solidify these ideas. Much in this work many one serial ideas could actually have been something for an entire volume that was just pitched downward for the sake of experimenting or to be allowed to do such a thing. In some ways in spring 2013, it was relaxing to not commit heavily to ideas. It allowed a sense of open mind and frankly I would not have gotten to where I am in creating stories if not for this development. But now I know what happens when you feel too rushed to develop a idea and when you don't bother to develop an idea. Meaning, I know the perfect middle space to place ideas.
In this new could be version of Breaking Ponies 2020, it will be the middle of experimentation and an exact form. It will have both ideas of its early 2012 concept and then its 2013 concept. The written version I have created from the fall 2014 draft basically combines ideas or sets up ideas from anything from 2012 to 2017 and even additional ideas. I mean, I probably should have written Breaking Ponies and other ideas down I did in spring 2013 but I just did not have time or access to a computer long enough to do so and had better things to do with my time( like work on Unknown and blog namely). Yes, I fear that the original written work might be lost forever but at least I have something a draft that actually came from the original work when I had the papers. Yea, but I am not going to go too crazy over finding the papers or it will do more harm than good.
The thing about this work is that I will have to experiment with drawing characters on horses and horses indeed. Something I don't occasional do but it is necessary to make the work work. I mean in the draft there was some inclusion of horse riding but yea, not good enough or much to even represent with the story is supposed to be about but alas-it is a draft only to show where the story goes. Oft the thing with missing the papers is that I will not see the actual story that was written and whilst I remember certain things, its been 7 years since I wrote the thing and well people don't remember all the details unless they are born that way. It does not allow me to make a new interpretation based off written but make an interpretation based off what was drawn from the written work which itself was a interpretation off the written work. Which is why the written is so valuable but alas, it is my fault I lost the papers yet its not my fault for the natural tendency to not complete every single idea. Anyways the work pretty much in my opinion could just be adjusted later or rewritten or another version created when I actually find the work and well I might just find it if I keep looking for it. I think that the current version I recent wrote today is apt enough and is only one volume because there is so much you can do with the work actually as I never wrote a full scale story for it but a limited version.
Comments
Post a Comment