Food for thought.

      I think people should know and should recognize that drawing art in a certain style does not make you a grifter. But literally why you do your art does make you a grifter. I mean to say that really much art is not about making money for the lowest sum of meaning and conversely to that point of meaning, effort. Extrangantly so many people want to be about big causes but are just about filling their own pockets. It is a sin essentially and I mean that in the most serious way. Instead of a public defender all you get from people is a person who basically does low level thinking and low level efforts just to get by and actually are afraid to do legitimate hardwork to where they want to be. I say that people don't need a person who basically is just so easily turned that whatever makes them money is what drives them. Imagine if Martin Luther King could be paid to just shut up. I mean many of these artists online are people who would shut up if offered a large sum of money by their opponents if not really don't invest to actually research demographics they assume that they have "ownership over". I mean the hilt of the sword over the head for me is these people saying things as the such, "we basically know all the black people and truly what we do applies to whatever everyone likes whilst being black". I mean its frankly just self assumed nonsense. 

   Everyone has to be overt involved in thinking everything has to be "your way" and there is no discipline to thinking before acting or just overtly not thinking through and reacting to everything as it happens. Folks, I am to say that really much certain people would take the money for the fact that they really don't care about their cause in question. I mean what is the use of being "an advocate for blacks and people of color" when you are just going to focus on one small group of black people who happen to be those who make commissions by doing fan art and limited development on their original concepts. I am to say that you would be just ignoring the many groups just to soothe your bottomline. Even in black artists there are many different groups of individuals. I mean that people don't care to research and assume that them being black is enough research they need to do. It does not work like that when and especially there are many types of people who are black. To be blunt, and of great illustration, when I was 7 years old I surely thought that blacks only lived in America and Africans were just called Africans. But does that really mean what it is? The answer is no, black people are of many different groups across the world. You would have to be knowledgeable at least of much of them to even try to speak on the behalf of everyone. Frankly, why? Because if you come there with your misinformation and say blacks only exist in America-you would anger the British Black populace if not many other groups.  The people on twitter come from a realm of being right because they said it and have given no real research to anything. I am to say just because a person is black by race, it does not give them an innate knowledge about everyone who is black and really your merits of supporting black people are shown on how well educated you are, regardless of your race. Though I must point out it is to be embarrassing when you have these black twitter artists talking about things they don't understand and often have incorrect. Neverminding that, people with manners tend not to call people out on these sort of things. And in frank, don't call other persons of any other color out as well. Simply, the whole social agendas whilst being totally ignorant is just cute. I mean that sarcastically. Its something on the internet that is just for the ignorant and really has nothing to do with you and you just ought to let it be.

I do say that greatly people who are so cute have great misconceptions to what they are even doing in the first place and that they are offending anyone. I mean I saw a post today that was so self righteous and using black people as a token subject for doing lousy work and really just refused to even corporate with others just by language and tone alone.I mean to say you aren't going to get far in the world where you piss off everyone who is not your race( and its not for the fact of social betterment) and deem that you honestly would not make a month for people of color when its even given as a suggestion to how people may receive your month for black artists. Whilst demanding that in the face of a month designed by creators to be for black artists who are marginalized to else be about people of color is racist in a sort; the inability to reason how badly planned your event is in who it reaches  and just to even consider other people of color is just bad. I am to say the whole blacktober event won't get me to join in the event because I don't believe in wasting my time redrawing existing characters as black and then saying this is the only way black people can get ahead. Like, do you live under a fucking rock? 

I mean to say if you don't have an black animators, and there are many, under this blacktober tag; then you have probably failed at reaching anyone but the persons whom you already hang around and are under your vicinity. Just promoting views that your way of going about things is so great. Hazzah, we should all kiss ass and draw fan art to reach people because we are black? Like, I am certain people make better money doing other things. My main point is that the event creators seem to think everyone who is black and an artist is just like them and holds the same standard of artistic morals and beliefs as them. I don't know who needs to hear this but on the rare occasion I even draw fan art, let's say it goes not online but to a physical place where I can appreciate it. And frankly I don't show enthusiasm for something by just making one image of a thing. No, I have made comics. And frankly understand that people and other people might just enjoy just drawing one image. Yet folks, I point to you that I don't expect everyone else to be like me and using my so called fun efforts as the golden standard of money merit cause everyone makes one page drawings they show to everyone on the net for clout! I find it funny honestly when people assume too much and really just show what they truly believe. I mean honestly it is so fake to be a fan of anything and just make a low effort image to be apart of the "money making grifters on the net". I mean are you really a fan when all you have to show is really something that does not show much engagement or much interest in the work? I mean to say that its very low effort when and where you have better pieces doing something else. Its very low effort when you are trying copy someone else and their fanart. 

Then going lengths to say this is all other people who are similar to you just because of their race and the fact of their artistry, have to do in order to survive on the net making money. Well fuck me over, I never got a dime from anything at all from posting anything online especially when it was a full fledge comic before twitter became a dome for fan artists and loose attributed "original conceptors" who do fan art. I mean, literally the fact that you have to spell out on your profile that you make original characters kinda of makes you look like a daft fool. I mean people in the past assumed that when you were an artist you created your own characters. The modern artists on the net have gotten rid of that idea and swamp and overpower people who carry such genuine ideas. Like hardwork and actually developing your original characters into something and even actually using them. I don't know who needs to hear this but if you literally don't even use your character you created but once or even redraw them, you are doing character conception wrong! I mean even I don't just draw a character and then don't use it when its supposed to be the main thing. The main thing I put on the net for people to view and know its there. Characters of course are supposed to be drawn a few times to even be finalized, and that is basic common knowledge. And yet how are people supposed to become "creators of color" of this and that show and comic when they are subjected to an aimless culture that says," don't even take the first step". I mean literally its an insult to many black artists when you say all of them "must just draw fan art because they are desperate for a living off art". I mean this in the most respectable way but let's just say that fan arting and this tiresome one trip fantasy of original characters does not get you anywhere. You really don't want to create anything when you just create a character once and say, " I am done, someone else make the magic". Like that is the sum sheer of laziness. It would be different to say, " I am done with the basic concept for my animation and need people to help me create this feature". Yet, that hardly is ever seen. For all the people who dream about creating their own shows and this and that, they are foremost the most miseducated on how to accomplish anything and it shows in a lacking work ethic.

Really much assuming all that black artists do is draw fanart to make money just shows what little you know about actual black artists. Assuming they really just draw a bunch of original characters they never really else again work on, is just terrible in all honestly. I mean just because you do it does not mean everyone else does it. I am to go even so far to say that really the artists on twitter and not only the black individuals of a certain bad work tendency that others have equally as well mainly there-they are so convinced the gateway to dreams is by kissing corporate ass. Literally. Some people overtly note that some people get hired by companies they did fan art for and don't note that these people had genuine feelings behind their art and really much had a good level of practice and experience to even be hired. Really much people have become accustomed that the currency of advancement in an art career is to draw as much fanart when people don't like your original characters you honestly don't spend enough time on. Really enough original characters are to be fun as well and if you don't believe so, well you aren't very motivated to even reach your goals but by kissing ass. To say everyone has to be like you because they share the same race as you is ludicrous.

Basic groups of artists across the races I have observed;

Beginners-Undeveloped artstyle, still trying to find their way in art and their particular art style if not meaning. Very impressionable. May attempt fan art even when they don't want to create it. Different forms of learning occur for persons at this stage. It may be self taught or they develop it at an art school(lord forbid).

Hobbyists-Draw only for fun. Draw anything, fan art included and even comics as well. Usually depending on the individual post online or don't post online.

Intermediates; People who have started to develop their art style and basically emulate other works, stories and media. Draw fan art. Often try to commission their works. Attempt to be like established artists on the net who make a living by selling pieces of original and fan made art and really try to develop a branding around theirselves(these days use political themes). May have a job that supports them in addition to their art or they just subsist off commissions as freelance artists. Create webcomics with lots of color and political themes. Usually many have bad time management skills.

Explorers; People who do not hinge upon existing ideas or regimes to create art and or make money. Experiment with their artwork. Develop their own stories and characters. Do everything theirselves and do not rely on others to provide ideas for them from social media and don't participate at all or heavily in trends. Can sell original artwork pieces. Do normally have a patreon, a shop or some crowdfunded project. Many do not do commissions because it takes away from their freedom to create. Have a job elsewhere, don't have a job or make money from their art that is essentially a small business. Are good at managing their time to be successful in their efforts of art and business. Do struggle with time management from time to time with large projects.

Hired Hands; People who went to art college or college with an art program and multimedia focuses and were later hired by the industry of their choosing( what they studied in in art college or college). Make their money from their job. Very educated on how to get to the end result of their practice or at least know how it is done. Else are just people who were hired to work for companies that liked their work and never actually gained any degree of any sort. Usually work on a project of their own making on the side but often don't know how to manage their own time. Basically can become creators of shows but alternatively can just never have real creative input into their endeavors especially if animators( even on games, people might not be able to have any input at all).


 Oh, its like much enough twitter folk aren't very educated on what real art is and really just think that they can just cheat the meaning of the art and build up an image on a house of cards. People eventually get tired of lying to theirselves which is why certain people develop extensive burnout. Oh, I am to say its like these people on twitter and not just the black individuals who set up and participate in blacktober but much of many artists-just want to fight with the idea that they aren't cheating theirselves out of hardwork and actually reaching for their goals. I do say that for every fan art they create, a person had to create that idea from scratch and no, they don't call it an original character. They just redraw and redraw until the character makes sense for what artistic project they are doing. The main problem with changing races of characters and making additional skins and envisioning different versions of their story and continuity is that you could be doing all that energy on your own actual works. Yet many artists on twitter are blindsided by money and by guilt they are kissing corporate ass to make some cash. They cannot imagine something as genuine and really much complex as making your own character from scratch and making it do things. The argument that black artists have to make fan art because everyone is racist, is only so for the individuals who create fan art for attention. Not enough to say, there are so much other black artist on twitter that maybe don't draw characters at all and just ignore pent up emotional drives as certain posts express. Because it does not relate to them and they are not so fortunate to even make money off their art and they would not change genres just to make money off their art. For many people even those who do make art and make money off it-like those animators, it would seem to be a rather entitled argument when they certainly don't milk on other people's creations just to make money.

I mean to say do you think people actually make shows by just drawing a character very lazily and not redraw it several times to develop it and just move onto another character? I mean enough that really people can maybe draw a background character or enemy character once and that be enough to the very least but not for the main characters which the story is centered around.  I mean that on instagram alone there are many accounts where there are black animators who actually know what they are doing. They redraw their characters time and time again until it fits well. They give an effort to animate their original characters even. I mean that is the type of blacktober I would like to see not uneducated bliss posing as authority. To be frank these sort of events where a certain group of black people rise up and say, "here is a month for this and that" but only serve their specific group's interests and really just bash on the heads of real black persons who exist( not everyone draws fanart and pupports everyone makes money as a black artist doing that) just promote further a gap between black people and other people namely white individuals. I am to say that whilst they aim to be about change, they are all about making bank and misinforming people so that they waste their precious time doing shite that don't really matter and fan art is that shite that don't matter really.

Where I come to this conclusion? Life is brief folks, you never know how long you are even going to live and even if you are going to live long at all. I mean why waste your limited time working on stuff other people have already done when you won't be directly paid for these efforts by the creators. Though I do say that if you are an animator, you would be paid folks. Why else even if an animator waste your time on someone's else original ideas. I mean to say that even when I started working on making my ideas into comics, I thought it was going to take me until I was 50 and I was 18. But learning myself how to do things made it possible for me to make things in a  few years, few months, few weeks, few days and few hours. Because I put in the practice to get that far and refused to believe in just "not doing something because I was afraid". I mean, to say that I beforehand would rather work for much of my life to make something a possibility than to not have done it at all. But earnestly even my projections of it taking that long is because I was uneducated about by the possibilities. Really much the whole experience taught me that your own original works are better suited to be a use of your time because you go that distance. You make these stories and you gain the skill. You never gain that skill by learning to color an existing character like Sonic over and over in different digital styles that are popular. Like really, I mean its okay if people want to delude theirselves but it should not be their goal to misinform a wide variety of people of what they can do with their creativity or try to own a race or say that they aren't creating a hostile environment theirselves by refusing to have a Persons of Color month. I mean the world does not need any more division. The world need unity and you don't need people who scoff at unity believing that they aren't just repeating racist behavior placed onto them. I mean you could very well explain to an individual who asks for such a month (even if it may be racist itself in some degrees in a wish to replace an event made for black persons) to actually create the month but not dissolve the current event. Yet the answer that is given under the guise of moral superiority because "you are discriminated against" just really shows how much a joke many artists of twitter are with their political leanings of "support for people of color". 

"Go make the event yourself" is basically the reply to what someone connected to blacktober as probably just a participant had to say. Its essentially just telling the person to go fuck off. Its not as if blacktober isn't already the most pretentious load of bliss there is already by its assumption on who black artists are. But then you got people within the event trying to speak for all of black people as if everyone just believes utterly sensationalist things and has no respect for right and wrong.  I mean some of these people connected to this blacktober event exude an energy that is quiet unproductive and toxic. They basically try to ignore that they don't control people's minds and personalities just because they happen to be black artists. I mean the equation of what they do is try to force people to use things and terms of political notion they do. You cannot force people to be you and that is frankly what is wrong with them. No one can argue against them when there is an argument to be made and there is no argument to be made when people are racist however but people who are not similar to their way of thinking and are black or whatever might as well just be marked targets. They are pretty much like much people of their generation or whatever contextual age group you would like to reference who come to slippery slope conclusions and too hasty conclusions too. I mean its pretty much the same thing with the guam nude models association( they weren't called that but gnma is short of actually noting Guma in acronyms), one comment from me basically telling them that they were shortsighted in their ambitions even the smallest degree of insult( I called them naive) basically got one person to call me," are you supporting child pedofiles". Its basically like people get so caught up behind the issues they are trying to solve and don't realize they are just making it worse. Making it worse by limiting any allies they do have naturally. Really doing a good job at pissing people off so they never want to associate with them again or even be bothered with anything they have to say. O, I mean go on and go on record and say that "other people should give a fuck about racial unity but I won't even though I have all these colorful people of color agendas on my twitter profile". It just makes you a disingenuous flop. Nothing you stand behind is real. I make a good statement to say that unity is the only way anything gets better not division and aggressive violence.

Like honestly mates, let us consider this-how long has twitter even have these sort of artists on its platform to the wide variety of today? Not very long, and it was not until Tumblr kicked over its "no nudity" that people left its site to come to Twitter. I mean, I am a black and really existed on twitter for such a long time that really much I don't see the need to why people have to give two fucks what any racists on the platform have to say. Why you even have to engage them  when they don't even live where you are? I mean you could reference them in some written article but albeit that is out of many people's interests and even education to do so. I mean, I have been on twitter for 7 years and really much do you need a twitter to do art or be motivated behind it? The answer is no, you don't need a twitter. The pretentious thing these newcomers do is act as if no one ever existed on the platform who was black at all. I mean enough if you were all for diversifying things, the last thing you would do is take the idea of Inktober which could have come from Jake Parker who has stolen a black creator's ideals to teach concepts. I mean to say that these people quiet don't understand that black empowerment usually is not cut and paste from preexisting things. I mean usually for anything to impact people of color and black people in that, you usually have to realize that there is a system that prohibits people of color from getting knowledge on many subjects. I mean from where to get healthy food to even learning and knowing about art. There are many barriers to people of color even getting knowledge that white people take for granted. You might find that many black people don't know how to swim because they don't have resources to learn to( in fact many children who are black die from this reason alone because they want to enjoy swimming in the water). 

You might find that you cannot just throw a beach party for a black demographic and it be successful unless the black persons in question do actually know how to swim! It is things like this that you have to take account of if you really want to improve racial disparities. I link back to my early point that researching populations and gathering data on them does increase the success of events when it is targeted to a certain group of individuals. I mean before you make this beach party for everyone who is mainly black, you might want to hire people to teach them how to swim. The point I am making is that really you just cannot cram shit down people's throats and saying, " that is who you are" even if you happen and are lucky to be apart of the group. I don't think black artists are going to benefit any great deal by just being made to draw fanart and then occasional "original characters" if you can. I am not going to go hard core into the factors and barriers black people have trying to even be of arts, I think this whole blacktober event is just unhelpful for black artists to even be successful. If not it just tries to enforce a dangerous, "us versus and over them" narrative. I mean literally, whilst racism is not okay just being hostile to other people of color is frankly destructive to any peaceful world order and actually is a step back. I fear that the tone many of the people around this event have to other people of color is quiet similar  some people of color have towards blacks. And that is to say that organizing an event only for a sheer sum of black artists in some style of "fanarting" and "OC-ing" is discriminatory when other people of color face racism from people online too. And maybe you are just adding into that racist sentiment by foremost ignoring it happens and foremost  making it okay to hate other people of color in defense of your sovereignty. That is not the way to anything. I might wrap this up that the event is only for a small sum of black artists who really under utilize their time and abilities and don't realize this event is not going to get them ahead or get them any skills.

Like lowkey, while it might seem like I am picking on blacktober because the people behind it are black, I am not. I am just pointing out major flaws and basically have done it nicer than which other people who actually believe in civil rights for all would do it.  I am to say not all black people are found of anime or truly respect it to think its a good artstyle if I am being honest. And real much it does not help your cause if you blatantly just try to generalize everyone in those who are good "being black" and those being bad," everyone else". Food for thought.

Comments

Popular Posts