8fugoh progress note.
So by this moment, Northeast vs Southwest is retired, that whole thing was to get me to where I currently am. You see that thing was to lead me to complete the most works "effortlessly". I mean they weren't easy to do but they weren't as hard to do as when and where they are coupled with other works. I seek to say that I have learned alot from the experience. Worked on at least 9 series and they are just waiting for the next step.
However today, I am going to talk about my works Launching 4 and Black Magic of course. I have recently started these efforts, Launching 4 first and Black Magic 2nd. Black Magic and Launching 4 have one thing in common, there are lots of ideas around them and they are yet to even capitalize on that fact.
Black Magic Progress
This story if you don't know is about a group of youths opening a book called Amaka and yes it releases "terrors" and threats upon the land per one daily interval of use. They have to navigate to learn how to control the book and defeat the mega baddie who came from the book. Yes, this work tends to be a bit darker than some at points. Let me just say that. The work has already been draft about many times. Namely the fall 2014 one. The summer 2016 one. The fall 2016 one. The later fall 2016 one. The later spring 2017 one. The fall 2017 one. And then the summer ending's 2018( the end of July 2018) one which is the current edition.
That is a lot of times and I realize I have not properly invested in some ideas. The concept I come up with this time is a concept of "Two Worlds". One where I stick to the original ideas and one where I do not and interpret these ideas differently. For two days and yesterday I have been working away at the original idea of the series as found in the fall 2014 version. I have developed such experience that what I thought was humdrum in fall 2018 is now something to truly build a story upon.
I did have to get over the ideas of people investing into my works as when I wrote this project I envisioned myself writing and drawing with a team. But the world has not given me any such ganders at all. If anything people elsewise I conclude are not worth including in this effort or even having a creative say these days. Political correct justice warrior things just aren't it for me folks as well I don't need stupid people amongst me. Let me tell you-one thing I have learned being anywhere in a four year college art class anything is that folks aren't smart especially if they use he or she tags or whatever self eccentric bullshit. I am to tell you the truth, some people just don't realize how stupid they are and how "used" they are being and what advantage they ever had was being theirselves and not engaging to be like the masses. I mean does everyone have to like fall guys or among us? The answer is no. To get back on the point; I am to say I have had to envision parts of stories meant for a team effort. Maybe one day someone will make a team effort behind my work but it looks like I won't be working on a team with anyone for this project.
I have learned alot in these two days. I have adapted a story I have been working on since 2010 into a drawn story as it was written in 2010 and earlier. I realize there are some many doors unleft open by that original story and that I should have rewritten some things but yet I was starved for time. Speaking of starved for time, when I made a new continuation for the first volume in fall 2018 as the 1st volume of that particular incarnation was made in July 2018 in its outline-new ideas were made for the work of Black Magic. But yet they seem to be yet the symptom of the time and its influences and really to a degree and yes I was conscious of it at the time was not thinking clearly. Nope. However this version of the story is unique and if not another style. I am to say that I wanted to see these two different stories-the original from 2009/2010 and the 2018 play out but at the same time and of course there is a way to do that in your works. Each version represents a different world. It amazing but true. And the original 2nd volume's outline has been completed. I actually had to draw a tiger with wings in the story and I am to say that I was challenged by that idea but found away to make it despite no being a person who draws animals.
Launching 4
I have started work on making the 6 and 7 volumes since yesterday. It seems the right thing to do. Essentially I just taking what I made from the past and updating it and it all does hold up actually and really much. I realize how good these drafts are when you can remember the story from them or by reading. Some are actually comic pages. I really am to say that this is the way to go with the work. Everything needs a foundation and maybe a 10 volume series with alot of serials takes more prep time than others. Nothing but minor details will be rewritten in this work but things are coming along well I must say so myself.
Openly what I have got so far is good in both works but it is the start of something more efficient than what I did in summer 2019. Way more efficient and I probably will tell that story of the summer 2019 after I talk about the school experience in the winter/spring 2019.
Comments
Post a Comment