norcym.

Now in 2017 spring, I worked alot on website design because really I was not learning anything in web design 2. It was pretty much a waste of time to be in that class. I learned more trying to make tumblr templates and things of that nature and it actually helped me for the  "large project" or you had to design a website for a real client and basically it had to look professional. Now, I am to say my practice made it look professional and mainly learned how to use templates myself and additions never covered in class. Really much in that class, the teacher would have you doing stuff that never would be able to be marketable as a good website anyone would pay for. Really much the height of unpreparedness was the class' instruction. She was just preparing you to fail and if only one person who also studies by theirselves only gets to take up a website design job and not look a fool then its proof the class itself sucked. No one learned and everyone who kissed the teacher's ass and then insulted her for being more culturally versed and knowing to speak all languages of french, english and spanish; where not with any viable knowledge. They did not know what to do for websites by the time they left the class and frankly this dude I did not like if not hated for various reasons( tried to be friendly but really then very passive aggressive and just outright hateful, it pushed you in the wrong direction) said something along the lines openly at least three times," Squarespace is going to take my job anyways so why try? Heck why I am here?" Okay, these people did not want to learn and the teacher did not want to teach.  Only few people who were just there for credits and studied theirselves actually got concepts enough to take up web design clients and not bomb! I mean to say that you got a grade on how well the client was satisfied with your work. Literally. Many of the people who kissed ass, learned nothing and berated the teacher like dogs never dared to even look in the web design area for a the project and namely if they overstepped reality, someone they were paired with took on the brute of their work. Literally. Oh and kudos, everyone was teamed up but me. I mean, I had no real team member but an old lady who did not show up to the event in which you would design the things for clients but of course you would have met them before. The old woman was not much of a help and ardently, I did the entire project myself minus pictures from the employer or which the old woman took. Namely there was a team of sorts were one person, a woman just did not know what she was doing and needed constant help from the teacher and star pupil. Likely enough people  who did not practice theirselves and depended on the class, could not do anything at all but be hinderances.

To talk about discrimination? Pretty much the assignment was unfair in the sense that I did not have a dependable team mate and really much some people should probably just not go to school at a certain point when they are just going to skip critical junctures and just leave teammates to fend for theirselves. I spent 8 hours working on that website by hand and by code on a day called the Designathon. Just me in a room alone and that was that. Everyone was much indifferent or hostile when I went to go turn the site in and when I was done, I realized I had completed a website in a day not from the skills ever taught in the class but for spending time in a computer lab much alone and just learning things myself. Yes, I had the skill I realized. Everything I did was using the adobe web design software and just let's say that program you needed to know coding and it was not a program that would later pop out of existence in the mid 2018 spring time period.

Yeph so that web design class was pretty useless besides credits. The time was so fucking weird.
This girl named Hunter just one day was intently peering at me as I presented something in the class from another room. There was a glass divider between her and my room. She would smile at me as if signaling interest.

If you read the mm1 magazine, this is a fellow who basically was featured there and really much just played me like a con. By the graduation time in spring 2018, she was basically stoic and "fuck you".

Writing this post and using the magical keywords "web design 2" found a children's book I wrote of the winter/spring time earlier this year pre-epidemic crisis in February. (source) Albeit this is a neater format than the Trail of Tears work.

Comments

Popular Posts