Breakaway 6
I was left after the horrid Christmas parties to consider what I had just been through and what it meant for the world. It meant the world at least education was broken and really much I had to fight to survive if not be neatly assassinated by whatever stranger who hated black persons or the availability for them to be persons. I don't think it was right to be thinking it was all okay if "you" survived, when those people of any color and kind would be out in the world causing people harm and even eventually getting someone killed and shrinking from the blame. I did not need to be relishing in survival. I had to gear up to fight I realized but yet how. It was actually night and it was forbidding, cloudy and puddles in sight and you had to be careful. All I know is that I had now the fullest chance to find a way to bring the ideal "justice" to what I had experienced. It would not come until spring 2017 that I found the justice was in writing.

Comments
Post a Comment