The impediments to success from the powers that be.
There were times where MK MZODERN was rising and I had works to sale in a large quantity-mainly from summer 2018 to summer 2019. Not that very long ago I would say. I basically promoted a shop, all my works on a comic page I had and frankly what in the end happened? Truly people pushed back against my works and ultimately hated them. Some 3rd parties especially hated my works. Gumroad would not let me update my works on their site so I ditched them. Tapas was just catering to one group of people who were just three or four years younger than me and fallen into this political correct-everyone has to be gay scene. Issuu, the 3rd party I used for my comics just decided it was going to force you to pay to add their embed-their function to your site. Ultimately as well; the whole online art community just views your work in a lower than thou view point and with faulty premises of what art is about. Just to say if it is not like whatever everyone is doing, hung up over or in this certain degree of an artstyle-people don't want it. That is to be said no matter my best efforts; people just in general aren't open to supporting me at all. The 3rd parties shady and the online art community groupies hideous.
Why, I bring this up is because some people just have to snap at the flick of the wrist and they are successful baby and yet whilst I have the courage to solve my own artistic problems-they are basically cowards to even solve their own artistic problems. They basically are getting rewarded from moping around in their own problems. Whilst everyone has artistic problems and even those who don't do art at all( in my opinion because they never started to do any form of art and I believe all humans are capable of doing art); some people actually work through them when they post their narratives online without the monetary support of others.
To be said; I am not a person and nor has this site really ever made any money. It has been stuck at $7.15 dollar margin in revenue from its ads through adsense since 2014! I only made about $3 to 5 dollars on two commissions. I am not a person who benefits from the money of others. If you ask me where I got the money to even give people to draw stuff-it all comes from one commission of a graphic design job and that is frankly it. Everything done on this site is done in a manner of money conservatism and I would not spend any money if I did not think it was necessary especially money gained from one job in 2018? There is to be said that you don't need money to solve your problems as an artist as some of these big wig artists seem to subtlety input that you do. Much to be said I am just an everyday person who in this current online art market does not get much money from anything like many people. I have grown tired of that insipid nonsense and frankly I am so tired of the precious gatekeeping as if art is still to be kept by a majority of a certain type of people whom happen to be "pop culturally" relevant. They have their little jokes, their games, faux interest in anime and all that crap. They would rather spend $2500 dollars they have extra on theirselves than supporting artists when it should matter to them how campy and close to people they want to pretend to be. Openly let me just say that I just don't like how there is even a hierachy to the online art community. Their works aren't even that impressive and in my encounters with them; they don't treat their fans well and I have even the pleasure of one stealing an idea of mine just because I wanted to be "friendly".
There is to say some people of the higher tiers like to cast a make believe world so they can mask the great fucks they do not give for the art community and supporting the lesser known artists in the "community". In fact people outside of the art community as those who do not draw, do more than them to support artists. I believe that ultimately there is no good standard in the art community and people can just do whatever morally bad they can get away with and still say at the end of the day, " I have a black lives matter post-its blacked out". And yet black out people who actually have stories to tell from getting any income from their works. People should not have to struggle against the hatred there is for art and artists in this world and then face impressment from people who call theirselves an art community. I think the word "art community" has been abused.
When I think of community, I think of people who got your back and surely will not do anything to betray you or hinder you but place you higher upwards than drag you down. The art community that exists today is actually a very fractioned one. I have been at least in 5 different corners of it in my time on twitter since 2018. There are even more outside of twitter; facebook being the absolute worst place and place to even sell your works. I am to say that ultimately the art community that be is a hinderance to my success and other people's success so don't expect me to celebrate it or its prominent figures as I worship no idols in this household. Thank you.
I am to say that some people hold toxic ideas that these "thought leaders" if you can even call them that -are better than them but I believe that real people who actually work through their problems and don't need a community of sheep like followers giving them money is virtue, a real moral that many of these thought leaders lack and refuse to gain. I am to say that it is more honorable to suffer and conquer your problems without needing to indoctrinate a sum of people that you are some holier than thou individual and can only solve a problem that does not require money with money. Its best to never guilt people for what is never their responsibility in the first place and mislead them. Its pretty much better to work honesty and earnesty to solve your own problems. This never means you cannot make money but I am just saying some people make money from their problems when many other people by their morals alone and the inability of a following with not ever make money from their problems. This whole site for its eight year existence has not needed money to solve its problems or the problems related to its goals and/or just get a bunch of money every month and frankly not give a fuck about solving its problems. No, here problems are solved and not pandered over and over again just so money is delivered because of "fans' feelings". Or some conman like theme of taking money by guilting people behind a problem that you refuse to solve yourself.
Comments
Post a Comment