Egypt 99
The great prospective I give you is that by the day the Olympics had begin; a Friday in August-the summer was much 3/4ths over. I was there awaiting the decisions for the Lezhin comic contest to see if my entry Shark on Campus had won. What would happen is that the work definitely had no chance of winning at all or even giving feedback. The contest simply in the end was just a confirmation of whatever status quo the company was behind and let's just say treating the people who draw the comics bad is not a good status quo.
Before all of this there was a whole summer of events. Namely, everything essentially started with Egypt 99. This work was actually created in later May but I continued it as a comic book idea later on. The leap from this site was a rare one at the time period. I never made comics of any ideas that were created just on this site but I became convinced that this idea was in need of a visual side. This sentiment was never wrong but thing is that it had many different competitors. I had many different ideas in which I wished to create at the end of the spring and the beginning of the summer. Egypt 99 was eventually group alongside these works in an effort called Bunker comics.
I remember going to a place that was the competitor of the place calling itself Ihob at one point and just thinking about what ideas could be. I was really in a different mood in these ideas and a different place than usually. I was going beyond my usual means and my usual ideas and if to truly say the things that be needed to be said; this was because I was opened mind and trying every opportunity to succeed. In hindsight, I should have just stayed with the work and stopped working on Shark on Campus for the competition but I wanted to give the competition of Lezhin a chance cause at the point you think its fair and really you are going to get some feedback but you never do. Again, never knew how much a waste of time it is to even go to another publisher or a publisher indeed to get anything published. Let me just say that pursuing comics is like being in a foreign country where you have to constantly bribe people to get ahead. Such to say it just a field of old white men in the United States and anyone else frankly was just liked by such said old white men to have a spot. I mean would you give a slacker a continued job in a place where its hard to get one and jobs are rare? Surely Dan Slot would never be able to agree with not giving him a job. ( This paragraph rhymes- I went to an Ihob to find a comic inspiration job). The thing is to be said; I did not know exactly the realities of the comic market at the current time I worked on Egypt 99's first comic but I had some guesses and really by the end of the summer was just proven true.
I would say later on a class introductions in a motion graphics class at a community college that I worked on methods to make comics and many people in the room would frown. Plausibly because they were evil people and did not like that I had some skill they believed blacks could not possess, jealous and ultimately just stupid. If we go back to look at the winter/spring 2016; I am to say there were too many idiots then and there. Yet I can attribute the development of Egypt 99 to a work like Mindgames and putting some creative behind my works. Oft enough Egypt 99 is again commentary on what some people wished they could even use for nefarious reasons but fail in stupefying frenzy and otherwise in great comedy. Some people in this world just will never know right from wrong.
There is to be said that really I was not offended much by these gestures of rudeness to a person being honest about what they did in the summer when that was in the prompt of the introduction assignment but to the fact of how stupid and just evil some people could be was an annoyance. And they thought they looked smart too and this was the era before the maga hat was even popular. If to be noted; I had truly recognized that people were cruel and unforgiving and frankly realized doing Bunker comics that I would not have all the time in the world because of how people choose to be. How people choose to be. They choose to ignore that people's works are valuable, their efforts are not playthings or silly and that people should not be mired by their own egoistical driven bullcrap just because they cannot handle people make art in the real world and they have no clue what art or behaving as a civilized person means. At the point at the beginning of the summer I was not feeling oppressed as I still had energy to fight back against bad attitudes and aggressions. A bit of a side note; truly some women should recognize just because they are majoring in some scientific or whatever academic practice does not mean they are smarter than anyone who just does not go to school and does not mean that people who do art are lesser smart that them. It truly is a turn off when you suggest you have some heightened importance behind an academic field where you literal add nothing into and just are being taught previously learned things. Art is so much more than repeated and ingrained concepts-it is a self learning and devotion and yes if you don't get that posing as the superior of all superiors; then really you are neither civilized, intelligent or even that great of a person. There can be said that some women I had met in college just need to literally go sit in a mental institution for some of the messages I have received in social and on the net. Yet never tell these people that they aren't attractive or even important or they might just try to make an attempt on your life. I really think you have a problem with an education system when it allows and promotes violence against artists because they don't these false "prestigious" academic things. I really wonder why people even need so many engineers when obviously not a one can change a light bulb.
To be greatly tell you that I literally spent on day on Egypt 99 alone and frankly just drew the characters again from the original art post I made and that was that because I wanted to work on other Bunker comics ideas. The real context behind this of course was feeling threats behind you and people refusing to let you be and insinuating that you wanted to be with them when of course you did not. The thing is that some people just did not know their place and relatively were intruding in people's space and choose to desist-which is to not assist in an effort that was already hard enough. There were not 3 or 4 ideas in Bunker comics but rather 26 ideas. That is pretty much the number of shows Nickelodeon/ Disney/ Cartoon Network air in one time period through their day and night slots. Rather 26 shows than anything of that number begin divided amongst the three networks. I did not complete drawing all the different ideas because it was hot and I got tired and namely realized that I was not making quality ideas.
So a day to remember when the Egypt 99 comic had a chance was one day I went to the competitor of Ihob and basically for one day aspired to make the comic for the work. Sadly as I was going to draft out the ideas for the work-it just did not feel right and I felt as if I just needed to find a new method to make the comic required and really much behind my effort in Shark on Campus in that June afterwards-I just could not focus on anything else. Even though I did and worked on the idea called Gavin D Monkey Slayer and a Fire oriented character not connected to Fire 526 by the end of June; let's just say I was done with the entry by that time period.
Really much I do say that I was feeling hopeful and inspired that day but cautious of those who held not my interests to succeed. Ultimately, I did not choose to do a draft of Egypt 99 as I did not have the proper resources to do so then and surely could not invest in " calming down crowds" in which you should never have to calm down ever. I mean did ever Martin Luther King go to hang out with the KKK and tell them to , "chill" while he was working on his speeches and trying to make a change? The answer would be no because that would dangerous and get a person killed. Similarly that was my exact situation. There was no way to quash a beef when there was none but one that people invented because they could not understand your existence. Let's just say I did not have the best of focus with a target on my back and one promoted by one of these haunty Houston regional higher educational places and not the best kind of support around you.
Comments
Post a Comment