Hmm, yea! The past.
The worst art class I ever took was in fall 2016. I literally nothing from that class. It taught nothing about graphic design just basics and these adult flunkies would eat up this teacher's stern words of commands and advice when they were just anything any basic level art teacher says to anyone. You could have taken a class just like it in 5th grade and if you ever got an education in Texas, yea-you likely did take an art class in 5th grade and beyond. Ultimately this class was not necessary and it was a waste of time. This one woman who dressed like trapped in the 90s said on the 3rd week in such a stern tone, " draw this duck" and then really much in a tone of " I don't give a fuck". It was Tuesday and I was late to the class and she was like, " Oh, your late". I really did not give a fuck as all you were doing is redrawing a duck nothing I had not done 6 times over and maybe even more-like namely maybe 8 or 9 times draw some still life shit and the art teachers convince people they are "developing" skills by doing the shit. Yet those people would never develop skills because they weren't interested in stilllives to even practice further at all.
I sat there suppressing laughs and really kinda of ticked off because this class was a waste of my time and all the people else in that class were peons-you could tell them anything and they would think it when surely they had already been told the same crap over and over and it never made them an artist. There was this one person who hoped this class would make them an artist but really it does not work like that. Like anything you have to put the effort in and sadly you are not putting the effort in when you aren't foremost thinking for yourself or doing for yourself. Teaching art is essentially something that fails when there is no one there to learn it and really much that means people have to seek out what they want to learn and it cannot be shoved in their faces like any other subject. There is no right or wrong in art. Yet don't ever tell that to the participants in this class. Thinking this woman was going to fix them and was the goddess at the back of a community college. If your 5th grade art class did not get you drawing then nothing else will.
Anyways let me just say those people in that class were fucking evil except one older lady who was nice to me. You see not everyone has some little unreachable goal. They have an actual imperative to create some high quality art. The real crime is that this class taught nothing and was a waste of time and money but at least I got an associates degree after nearly being murdered the psychopaths in that room.


Comments
Post a Comment