Dirty Pop
Much enough Dirty Pop was actually featured on this site in fall 2013 and it had a comic book attempt at the start of that time period where I was heading off to college with some positive expectations. Really a time before this site even existed and before I actually created any comics. It actually comes from when it was the last semester of highschool and I wanted to create a story based off a drawing I made in physics class when I was in the 11th grade. Literally a time period were tumblr was booming and there was the second wave of Supernatural fantics. I am to say that this story had long been in development. I may have mentioned it on the site and continued to work on the comic in the "straight forward just make a story" format but ultimately I just could not finish it. The last time I worked on it before the summer 2016 was before I quit the first college I went to because I really did not like that place and what mattered to me was learning to create comics and not some commitment to some bad and trashy graphic design program. I mean imagine being in debt, having no comic skills and being bad at what you do for a school that likes to pat itself on its back when it really does not do good with its graphic design and artistic focuses. Not a good way to even go out into the world. I mean I recognized my goals in that winter/spring 2014 and it was not to be committed to nonsense but to living as I wanted to live and do comics as I wanted them to be done. For all of this I have not picked up Dirty Pop since summer 2016 simply because I was never able to come back from the break I took from the works of the summer 2016. It just makes sense that is the case. I never thought of doing the work itself under the Kyeombi name because really-it was the last work ever added to that idealism and would be the ultimate last one created going from that route. Vampire Paradise an idea from 2012 had more effect in getting anything completed than this work as it was higher up in order of importance and had more created under it. That is to say the story of Dirty Pop has always been a difficult one.
The story created in spring 2013 was very draft like and just to serve as a basis. Nothing had changed in three years and for something that is to be a draft; that is kinda of bad. So in the summer 2016 version-I pondered this background basis and more things as I am not going to divulge all the secrets behind the story and its importance as to give the whole thing away; really much decided to remake the whole story but follow the basic start of the work to a degree. I really did not hate remaking it but just really much was pushing myself to make this draft. I went up to a considerable degree in the story and invented something unique for it.
I believe there is some type of post about Dirty Pop before on this site that reveals what the story is about but I am not going to do it here but just say it has something to do with "ascension". Or what can be said an enlightenment of sorts. This story I liked but the heat was basically upon me this day after working on three ideas and this one getting up into the 20-30 representational serials. I think this work was the last work I did before I went on the net and just tried to do some type of graphic design stuff and write for this blog of course. It was all a busy day. But yes-this is essentially the type of work I would do in the Summer 2016. I would work on different works each day and not really care how much works there were because I had a method on my side. I would say that I only compare myself to other artists in this extent because you as the reader will but let's just say that some people just don't have the type of mind to devise their own methods to complete their own tasks and don't have that type of self driven behavior. I really was not complaining about doing any type of work because I don't think I actually told or wrote what I was doing as I was doing for the reason that some people cannot be entrusted with being civil and not trying to end you as if they are graced with not the understanding of humans but of animals. For the context of times let's just say that you lived in a very barbaric place and had to compete with adversities to survive and survive predators without actually invoking their name or actually fighting them. I would surely say that I was not like one of these people on the net who display all their dreams and inhibitions and complain about doing something and lack the understanding of how they can do it better. I really could not even post what I was doing and really much it is because there were too many toxic people in my circle and too many snakes crawling up my arms and my legs trying to seep their venom in. Really much I did not compare myself to other artists because I am today the only person I know of that even attempts more than 1 idea at one time. You can chalk that up to have higher expectations, goals, skills learned over time and just the belief in the self.
If you were to ask me when I would make Dirty Pop today, frankly I would not have the answer but thanks to this review of summer 2016 and the fact that I missed this work-I would probably be forced to redo it for the sake of doing it and not wasting an opportunity to do it. This is to be a lesson I learned in this time period in summer 2016; around this time period I worked on these three works- that you don't pass up the opportunity to improve something or get an idea out. I still use this idea today and maybe Dirty Pop will make a return.
Comments
Post a Comment