Mummy in the Book
This project of Mummy in the Book was made at the end of June where I had already completed Shark on Campus for the Lezhin contest. It was also after I really started to work on my different drafts. This work was like the other drafts in that each serial was a strip on a page. About 4 or three strips fit on a page. I reflect that this work was even more experimental as there were larger character sized elements in this work. In much of these works I drafted there was only the head profiles of the characters or their bodies fit in a dynamic pose to fit in the space. This work did not obey all those ideas.
It can be said that I cannot tell you what this work is about but I thought to myself, " if Egypt 99 was to be a theme for MK MZODERN, surely I would put this on that site". That is truly enough to tell you what the work is about and well enough the work is very great in its story as it links several different stories together. Devin M Hink, a comic and character that would be drafted in fall 2016 appears in this one story.
I did this work late one day or rather starting at 5 o clock or 6 o clock as an original idea. I had many ideas just swirling around and at some point this just drives you crazy okay and so you have to get these ideas out. Not a planned idea and was basically the first impromptu story that was drafted as it was thought of. Usually I draw one picture and/or write something to capture the story but here I did not. I just went for it. Frankly all of that stuff in my opinion clouds your judgment and just leads for self doubt. I however did draw the characters first as I did in that time period and then drafted as normal. It was fun and I fought hunger at the end to give it a stopping place. Again no drama here at all but honing my skills behind a certain method that for this occasion I changed up.
As of today, there has not been a modern adaption as one never did get to return from their break of doing the works of summer 2016 to even plan for the work. Oft like Dirty Pop, there is an obligation to do this work again and better this time around as it would be a waste to miss an opportunity to work on the work. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
Comments
Post a Comment