A reflection on something I started some weeks ago.

      I really like that the past me would have been inspired by my recent actions. I have over two weeks, gave about 10 artists who usually don't have any commissions; a commission.  I am to say that honestly, it was eye opening. The lengths of people who design their own stuff and advertise every day whenever they can is astonishing and yet many of these people don't get jobs.  I will say that many of these people have good graphic design skills from their commission sheets alone-or images that show what their rates for their art is whatever in which they offer. I really think its sad how they have to constantly repost and post their commission sheets and hardly anyone pays attention to them and those who get the jobs never care much about whom does not get jobs and maybe some of their behaviors contribute to them not getting jobs. 

     Some people try to promote this notion of "art style purity" where only one style and one way of thinking can make the money. Its harmful to every other artists that does not do the same exact thing. I in who I picked basically made sure they did not all have the same style for the reason ever style is valid yet some people promote that only one type of art is worth it. Many artists never get commissions as well because some people just take people's money and run. Its just the nature of humans that there will be bad apples but some individuals I have of course encountered in the past seem to want to vindicate their behavior. Alas; I never did question  if people would take the money and run off because of their level of work ethic to promote theirselves in the first place. For the two factors that even be detractors of people getting commissions; some people just suffer and no matter how much time passes-they never get any money or a chance to make money with their art. I thought instead of being sad how much people just are dismissive of my works in general; I would actually do something to help people instead. The experience of hiring 10 artists was favorable.

    I was able to even give people their first commissions or 2nd commissions and help out people how have not had luck getting any commissions. I actually wanted to do more but literally its hard to manage more than 10 artists in communicating the work you commission them for. I am think about from this experience making a small 300 fund to hire all the different artists who charge about 5 dollars for their works because they perceive making things cheaper is the only way they can be successful. I believe I can help so many people be encouraged behind their work and work to become better at it than become disenchanted because no one wants to commission them. I think that by supporting smaller artists; there will be more opportunities for artists and not  just the popular ones. I know just how it is to be ignored and pushed aside and so I was greatly inspired to hire ten artists who aren't popular.

Comments

Popular Posts