Woman at the bottom of the stairs.

    Everyday I went to class, there was a woman at the bottom of the stairs. She always looked at me and I always looked at her. I always did look at her indeed and wonder if she could be someone who would be good company. One day at the end of the semester, I basically spoke to her and really, it was like when the main character speaks to a background character they never spoke to before. This person was apart of the background for so long that it felt like I was breaking a dimensional wall by speaking to them. Truly and indeed.

   When I actually did speak to them waiting for the teacher to come back to the building where graphic design was, so I could print out my final project started talking to them of course. These the final weeks and I was probably not going to come back to the school the next time around in the fall 2019. I really wanted to know who she was because was always looking intently at me.

I asked if I could sit with her. She said that I could, "sure!" She said this with excitement.                         " You're always sitting here" I proclaimed as some statement of matter of fact to try to be endearing. 

" Yea, I see you around," she said, " going to class".

"just wanted to try to get to know you" I said. I actually did say that and frankly she gazed at me with no a smile but a neutral face tending to be heading towards one. I just sat there for a moment and so did she but she was watching something that day.

    She of course was watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette show, like one of the earliest series. The 2nd one or the first Bachelorette series. I asked her how long she had been looking at the show. " I just started recently, I am trying to binge it all" she said.

      " Cool" I said. 

   Literally I kinda of don't like the show. Its kinda of boring, repetitive and has a low chance of success and yes I have inadvertently watched the show since it aired because that is all that could be on the tv station of abc on many nights. People would just keep the channel on when this show was to come on and thus still see it this way and I really just don't like the show but I was to be fake at an instance. A younger me would have said," you should watch a better show". I was about kissing the ass of people at this time or just about being nice to get to know this person better in a limited period of time. " I have been watching this show from which it began" I said to her. This was true.

She said, "oh really, that's cool-I really just started watching this show".

I found it odd how nervous this person was as she repeated what she said earlier but anyways," yea, I have watched it since the beginning-isn't this the first bachelorette?" She basically shrugged.

" so what is your name?" I asked her.

" Taylor, yours", She said.

" My name is ( my name)", I said.

"okay" she said, " what does your name mean?"

I think I told her that it was a Swahili word for strong, creative, intelligent and strong-willed/courageous.

I asked her what her major was. I believe she was just getting basics to become an engineer of some sort. I told her that I was trying to transfer to a university as well and had a graphic design associate's degree. I think she was impressed by that fact.

" you already graduated?" she asked.

" yeph," I said a bit reluctantly for how eager she was. The person I told this beforehand called Kate, had gotten excited too as if they had hit some jackpot of some one who could help them out in their monetary needs or help them escape the clutches of debt as they were to later go to a four year university. That story did not turn out well really as that person had a boyfriend and so I was cautious this person was excited about my accomplishment. " I graduated last year in spring 2018".

" Yea," she said, " this is my last semester before I graduate".

"great", I said.

" Yea, " I said, " I actually have a business card from the time I was in the program and my last project-do you want to see".

"yea" she said. I gave her the business card.

" Wow," she said," this is pretty neat-how did you did you make it?"

"In a program called illustrator, it came from my head", I said to her.

"cool, it looks good, can I keep it?", she said.

"wait a minute," I said to her, " I messed up the number on the card, let me fix it".

"do you have a pin?" I asked.

I basically fixed the number, the intent was for her to be able to call me or text me if she wanted.

"yea," I said, " you can".

" do you like movies" I asked.

"I guess somewhat, there is not really anything to see", she said to me.

I was literally trying to ask her out and basically everything was just brushed aside.

"well I have a class shortly, I will guess I will see you", she said.

" yea, well you have my contact information" I said.

   "yea," she started to gather up her things and then she went up the stairs. This was the day before the last day of the semester for me where the graphic design final would be were I would have to turn in the final project in print. The whole point of that class was to not get my GPA up to transfer but actually see what was taught in a class that I had the displeasure of taking at the "minority campus" which really just made the print focus of the class into a "web design class". Literally which of course had taken two web design classes before that one which really was not sufficient at all. Anyways, I was going to print my project and just turn it in. You honestly want to have things done before the deadline in graphic design and especially that class. The next day of course was were I would decide whether to speak to either Keyla or Georgia Snacks and would be the conclusion of it all. The thing is that I was not going to give up without a good effort or fight on my part before the semester ended. Yet this was not the ending yet.

    The teacher came back to the building and I went to go to talk to them to print my project and yea. I actually saw the pretentious worms in the special graphic design office where they would work as interns under the university and were paid minimal wage salaries. I am to say that really I did not get along with the graphic design program or the teachers in all honesty but nice fronts of being civil. Nope, I did not. I did not want to work under these people and frankly the whole thing of working for terrible and racist people was for chumps. I mean, you would be better off just going to a four year university and major in something that you can get done in two years after getting an associates in graphic design from the community college; you would have much more money. I am to say that if you engage to get a marketing degree or a minor in marketing in combination to an associates-you would have power. The ability to yet market and also be the graphic designer. A two in one employee that employers would not pass up and would not pass up for a promotion either. I am to be serious to tell you; the good money that comes from that is better than the 7.50 dollars you are only paid for one semester and yea-whatever job you can land with an associates degree in graphic design alone. Yet some people in that program never will realize this and many of those people were idiots. I saw the people who were in my fall 2017 graphic design classes. They were still there under the boot of these people. I am to say I never had been under their boot but these people literally still had not gotten their degree yet. Yet not had waken up to market realities either.  Frankly there was the small woman I gave a business card to that was an ass, then two dudes who kinda of where just egoistical, pious and aggressive jerks who wanted to think that they were cool. Anyways; the teacher said that she would help me out with printing my project and told me to wait outside.

   The woman I was speaking to before came back and she was wondering if she had to speak to me again. Rather seemed to think that she was in trouble for not recognizing me again but there was no fault. Yet the fear in her eyes...it was like as if she had been caught cheating. I just found it odd, maybe I then thought she was not planning to contact me again and whilst I brushed that thought aside trusting her-the moment I thought to say anything; the teacher came out and then I went up to the class with the teacher and she helped me to print out my project. The girl called Taylor never spoke to me again. Ever and really much I did feel a bit pained by it because I had thought we had connected. Yet this person was just another person who swiped right to evade.


Comments

Popular Posts