MK MZ Shark on Campus; the way to success and for you too.
Early 2016 was not a nice time but even then had bright ideals. I still believed in the people I had met from college. Imagine that. And I write that: imagine that. I still believed behind some folks or another. But really a lot is to say that what happened in fall 2016 was because of people like them. People who today don't wear masks when they know they can spread a disease that will kill everyone. People who add onto "Satan's Glory" and some false fiction they are doing the best and good by doing the worst. People who just add into the evil into the world. We could do a whole fucking lot away from these people, I do say. However; the story of Shark on Campus does not change regardless of what happens in this world.
Nope, but still somethings I did not want to include in Shark on Campus at all. Nope. I deleted a friends scene. I figured they really did nothing for the story and really who actually needs to hear small talk about people who literally hog the importance of life to be place onto theirselves. Many flash back scenes are gone. They are just gone because I decided I was just going to get into the base of things. The last thing to be removed was any chance of really giving the main a voice other than just being acted upon.
Some people say its bad for a person to be written about as if acted upon but to illuminate a tortured way of life; you must do the exact thing to say how oppressive a system is and that people don't have much a choice least they fight back. And really much that is what the story goes to in the would be the next over installement to the fall 2018 version. The main joins a group of freedom fighters but yes; they aren't perfect and yes-maybe I was trying to make a point.
Yet I did not publish the 2nd part of the fall 2018 version because frankly no one was buying the first and these 3rd parties had taken a toll on the perception of this work. It is like anytime without the comic on the site as it was; people no longer realized it existed and greatly that is because I lost my original audience after google + shut down in spring 2019. Around that same time; I did indeed lose the access to the embeds for comics on this site. It was like they had strung up foreclosure signs all over the fucking place. And I am to say it was not a nice feeling at all to be spited with that. Even when I recently brought up the work again earlier times this year; no one knew what the work was. So yea, I came back to some thoughts of what to do for my solemn crisis.
I just thought of remaking the idea but the fall 2018 work was perfect for my intents and purposes then. If I wanted to make the full story; I would have to go back to the very beginning and I would have to work through so many works to get back to the start. And well I did just that. It took a whole semester to do really. I focused on the Kyeombi projects foremost and mainly recording things that happened in the past. I only got to make a small comic for Shark on Campus in this year and really much-its more leisurely and does not haste to get a point. It was therein I realized that really; this work suffered too much from a lack of time and the need for success. Even with the fall 2018 that has been as much the problem. I realized that maybe I should not have removed the "friends" element from the story. Should have delved deeper into the past memories. And give the main character some more character. Yet all that takes time to do, really much. How to solve such a time crisis, I pondered? Simply, work on everything before Shark on Campus and then put everything into Shark on Campus. Somewhat had practice with Mind Games but yea; they are two different stories.
Now, whether old ideas are actually revived just falls upon me. This is what I would like to spotlight on this day. And yes; I do this so people know the context behind this project. Its often lost in other efforts indeed and the real sentiment of what it takes for me to even attempt another try at this work. I usually don't go into the emotional toll; the knockbacks of failure have upon me but I was especially feeling negative when no one bought it nowhere I put it. Not gumroad and certainly not Amazon at all. I do say that I am really not doing anything for the benefit of people and their opinions and really much I do something to complete what I have in mind. This would be a great lesson to learn folks. Don't get distracted by your own fears and your own negativity. Don't pander to an audience that will just slur the message of your work. These are two great feats I have learned. For one thing; somewhat when I originally drew Shark on Campus for "south korean" comic company contest-I put more sex scenes in it when really it did not need to include them. I only did so to appeal to the demographic the company was behind. But that was a mistake and it ruined the story by stetching it thin for reason. I basically damaged the fall 2018 work by not including things in which I should have because I did not find them important and really did not want to see the purpose of them in the story. It is to be said however that at the same time my whole goal was just to get something out and so the work of then; was actually according to a productive plan. Yet you would not be able to get a full story from out of that and maybe people noticed it or not. I really don't care because really everything falls upon me to complete the work and no one else. It quiet is good to have a "base" work, I believe in truth. This too, you should realize when doing your own projects.
Never give into your own self doubts and if in risk of doing so; just get a "base" work out there so you can add onto it later. Never pander to the wants of others-they don't care about you really and only want things that are only tangible as fads can be before they exchanged for other fads. How many games have become popular over the timespan of the summer 2020 and then faded from public consciousness? Animal Crossing quiet honestly. Fall Guys and that mafia space game I believe is called Amongst us? The current game everyone wants to talk about is Cyberpunk 2077. To be said the attention span of a public is very fickle and often discriminatory. I mean which work is the only work that has a black leader and it gets panned because it was not developed for previous consoles? Yet no one wants to talk about some vital glitches in those Rockstar games and Assassin's Creed. My whole thing is that while companies and artists and personalities make a front to their audience that there is some well face between them and their audience-there is not. Everything is about making money and even when it is immoral to do so! I am to say if people build their whole companies and brands on dishonesty and this inner goal that is frankly in many times; a clear deception from the image they throw out-an inside agenda then you can have one as well but one being good. Let's just say that.
You can be about making a quality story and reaching goals with or without the help of people. Let me just tell you that its not in all our cards to become successful by patreon or whatever. Everyone cannot be a gamer either. Some people have to achieve things in the real way people achieve things when no one is going to give them money so that just they delude theirselves and waste their time thinking they have achieved a goal when they can be deplatformed or banned from gaming. Alas, what I am saying is the true way to success and not using these over popularized means that make you sacifirce the success you can have as you are forced to adopt means that aren't meant for you and simply are placed in a square peg.
Comments
Post a Comment