Ashley, another one but artist.

     Yes, I find it problematic so many parents call their children Ashley but they do and they won't quit either. Like what is in a name? Repetitiveness of bland? Anyways this person I actually did not want to speak to but they were making eyes at me and so I spoke to them. And really much; some things we had in common. She was also a person who escaped the four year college to a community college and she was an artist. Yet it might as well be a proven statement to say that this is where the similarities end. Not driven behind art and basically had no plan behind school and a year older than me at the point, 24 years old. Really much did not have an associates degree or anything really much and really I gave the person a chance but really much-they just invested to think I was "out to harm them" with my artistic and academic success. But really because I was a straight black man and really found theirselves threatened by me and my success over them.  Alas they wanted to be surprised when I was speaking to Katherine later on. Really much, we could have been something only if they weren't a prejudiced asshole.

   I believe I met the first time when and where I was waiting to leave the school one day and waited in the science hall. I am to say such negative detractors can be found in that school's main, front and center building. If you remember the individual called Venus, oh, yea-things had gone sour with them by then and frankly there would be other people who found an issue with me when there was none. So I frankly avoided sitting at the front of the school for a great time period; mostly the rest of that semester.

   I sat in this main entry hall in the science building and this person was looking at me intently. I tried to not look at them. " what's wrong?" they said.

"Nothing", I said," just waiting here for my ride".

" Oh, I am too" they said," I had a class at 4;30 and I am just waiting too for my ride".

This started a conversation of sorts. The asked me as they saw me drawing," you like to draw?"

I said, " yea, I do like to draw".

" I draw as well" they said," but more anatomy works".

"can I see your work?" they asked.

"sure", I gave them the tablet I was working with.

" wow, you draw in an anime type style", she marveled.

" I don't know but I guess that is what my older sister said", I responded.

" good", she gave me back my tablet.

"what class did you just take?" I asked.

" Biology (specific number), its about human biology" she said.

"oh," I said, " I did take that class before-do you find it hard to remember all the bones".

" Yea, somewhat" she said.

I then introduced myself and gave her a business card.

"My name is Ashely" she said.

I think that is when the conversation stalled and then she got a text message and excused herself," I'll see you later, I have to go".

The thing about this person was that whilst it was nice they approached me and seemed to like me; those eyes of theirs was a bit too over eager.

    The next time I saw them it was in the top hall in the science building and it would be a while later; a time in which I met the other Ashley, I believe.. The back of the top of the building where many classes I had taken before like chemistry and human anatomy were. One day I was just sitting down and this person was looking at me as if they were interested in me. They would not break eye contact and eventually I went over there and it was the woman from before. It was here that she explained her past and I somewhat related mine. The past of being people who dropped out from four year universities in the past. Yet, let me say; she really did not seem to have a real plan at all.

    " Just where ever it takes me" she said. I did not sigh at all because that would have been completely rude. I liked the connection I felt with her that day. I showed her a work I was working on and she said that she liked it. Noticeably the work I showed her contained a sex scene and a particular one for Altar Pained Starfight. Just now  in retrospect, I realize some people are not very mature. This person was a year older than me and really much whilst everything went good this time; the next time it would not. They basically went inside class with their fellows and told me goodbye. I told them goodbye in return.

    The next time I saw them, they had seemed to be running late and really their breath did smell in contrast to the other times which was a turn off. This time around they were least likely to be speaking. It was hard to speak to them this time and when I wished them well on their test they said was of the day, they just looked back frightened at me and basically just turned off their "nice" and realized they did not like who they were speaking to. The look they gave me was like they completely just saw me as an object and not a person and just wanted to get away from me. I frankly was bothered by this whole exchange that day. The way they looked at me frightened was just not good. Truly after these two times and then a third of me just talking to them as I had in the past, civil and kind-they suddenly thought it was nice to deride me of my humanity and the real worth of anything built up to that time. I just left them alone really much. 

      Later on they would be looking at me from above when I choose to spend time with someone else, a person called Katherine. The first time they just peered at me from above and I only knew because I felt some eyes on me and it was them looking. The next time, they still saw me and sighed realizing that I was no longer interested. It was a sigh of regret by the look on their face and whilst I felt guilty, it was best I did not associate with crazy. The eyes of this person much of the times to my internal conscious represented a crazy person. But maybe that last time they peered; they realized their mistake. Simply that I was not there to play around and really much they had missed their chance and frankly that is what it was. Basically leaving me hanging when I wished them well that day; I felt like a fool for even inviting their advances the times I even spoke to them for how they just rudely just left and said nothing. Albeit some could blame a pregnant woman who was glaring at me as if I had done something wrong but let's not kid ourselves. This person I was speaking with was an adult, older than me and frankly was not some impressionable child. Even children know how to behave better and I have seen it from when I was a child. I considered the whole advent of the third go; a bullet missed and really much I realized I did not want to be with a person who believed they could just do whatever and it would be okay.

So yea, I may have seen her once more peering at me but that was that.


Comments

Popular Posts