Why Expensive college is not worth it when it offers nothing.

I'd say from personal experience-expensive college is not worth it when it offers nothing to the future career you want to have. I will say most importantly you cannot just go through college wasting nothing but time and money and most importantly learning what you truly need to be successful. You also cannot be deluded to think there are not these costs for not realizing your true needs. Many people will go to college and incur debt in a degree plan that only offers them failure in even getting a degree or just failure of a job they really can even work at-at all or be successful.  They will walk the walk as if they are doing something important but never realize how insufficient their education is when it hinders their wealth and as well as even basic knowledge to certain things important to even having a job in their chosen profession.Namely I will say that certain schools are not good for certain things and maybe just maybe going to the unpopular option of a community college not only saves money but eventually allows you to get some degree of some kind namely if it is available for there to be a degree for you to get even there. I namely do not call my leaving a four year university-dropping out of college~ I call it an investment in a better future and a better career path where you actually taught things you need to know in a certain program of graphic design..

Recently I have discovered another individual's story quiet similar to mine.. A person who worked on a Tapas comic called Countdown to Countdown. Note that surely I have been reading this comic since 2015. I think it had  a good style and was featured on the "tapastic" front page-years ago. I stopped reading it after a while during periods of time and come back to find the artist is not only rebooting the comic but quitting art school not only because it is expensive but because it offers them nothing in their career path. I find this very similar to my own situation. Why take classes that are expensive when they offer nothing. Despite the saying of similarity-I did not have any support from parents and they thought I was doing a bad thing and probably still do but namely; you cannot force yourself to stay in a place that will get nowhere. You cannot push a rock up a mountain and expect to survive. I am saying likely what many people don't understand; you do no one any favors staying in a college that is overpriced and its courses not even close to what you want to do. The author of the comic then comes to the conclusion that maybe they can make it life without a degree. I would say that many people would push that button but you know~its just better to get an education. Even if you have to go to a community college for a large period of time. It is better than being without a degree for that large period of time.

A lot can change in five years and maybe education keeps you centered in a certain way that allows you to continue doing things in art. Namely I say why I even picked graphic design as a major was because~ it is so near to comics. Namely; you can make a living off of graphic design and do art on the side and not have to risk it. Some people take the chance of becoming rich in this era of online art and world or being a freelancer. While at times throughout my life I have taken this freelancer stance-always realize education was the ticket and only see that now it opens doors.

While this author chooses simply to risk and take the chance of stardom and popularity. I'd like to say-why risk when there is a better option more practical and actually a plan. Like getting an art related degree. Surely you can say you can do this and maybe you just can as many people do. But take this into consideration. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone can survive on a stream of commissions forever or create artwork that obviously comes with a price. Price; to ever pushing boundaries and ever not having to worry about money. I'd say that a person who has tried to do commissions over the years and maybe have helped people in time to time yet received no pay.... its not worth it to even risk this life of commissions as your sole being for doing art. Art deserves a better base than you risk it quality on the stream of commissions that are your income. I say from the bottom its better to respect art as something that needs a basic lifestyle of bringing in money to ever continue to do. Else my friends you might just find yourself working in a place you don't like and next working towards a degree you don't like just because some coworker convinces you its good and art has now become secondary. However I respect this author's decision in their work and their need for a better quality in their work and if not reminds me of myself many times. I see they have a character that is of constant resilience to even start their comic in which they have worked on for four years if not more.


I would just like to say this type of situation of artists dropping out of college is far more common than you think because the colleges are too expensive  and teach nothing good for their career path and no one educates them on better options. I would like you to help support this individual even when they have apparently more views and more interest in their work. Only because I know what it is like to be alone in the effort to get the true education you need to be successful.


Comments

Popular Posts