Mgmt. a little essay.

 Now, I had listened to Mgmt for some time since 2011 or that summer 2011. It inspired many Kyeombi works folks and what even is to be written of these ideas. Allowed for the thoughts of pushing boundaries in which you were conformed to a pop general world before. Alas, folks some real wisdom of life comes from Mgmt just for me and maybe other people that life is not all so bright and pompous as pop music makes life seem. I really did start to realize how really enough I could never be the person sung about in one of these pop songs and while I continued to listen to them just realized that just maybe there is "no romantic happy experience for people like me". Who are these pure idealistic creatures who hold theirselves so worthy of being "lovers". I mean all pop songs are about are-is love. Owl City whilst considered pop is really not and is actually electronica indie, it already helped me escape this level of closemindness. This romeo and juilet bullshit that is tossed out and really much just closemindness in the radio alone.

When Mgmt came back in fall 2017 with "Little Dark Age" I was amazed because for a while its music had just been bad. Its 2014 album was just noise in my opinion. Nothing like the the Oracular Spectular album that started it all for me in 2011 when I discovered them. Seriously, I was happy that this new album was coming back out. It had songs not to poppy and not too fucking weird. I mean it was just right.


 

 It served as some upliftment I say. It brought joy into my life and I would watch this video everyday and usually many days before bed cause that is how good it was. The next one, When You Die, its music video has a unique aesthetic but one that is very scary and also unique to 2017. They had to put faces in the film of things and animals in such in many music videos in 2017. A Marroon 5 video, A Foster People video and then this video all used this strange effect no one uses today because maybe it was just a technological fad. It was just a technological fad. Alas, I did not watch this video as the repeating death faces just are enough to frighten the living fuck out of you. I am to say watch the next video with caution and possibly don't watch it if you are easily scared/triggered. I mean a commentor suggests that they are trying to recreate the effect when people are brought back to life from near death experiences. Really its something of an "experimental video" but I am to say that maybe I realized what they were doing in this video and only listened to the music. The point in which this video was released was around the time I really started the 2by2 comics project. Yea, I kept thinking about this video on Sunday and it was only to bring on a mini panic attack of sorts and that friends is why I don't watch the following video. You were warned. Music is good but yea, scary.



Me and Micheal was a light hearted music with some type of ironic and comedic tone but really the previous song released "When You Die" really is to be comedic but I just don't like that meaning all that much to be honest. Anyways this one another great song and the video was awesome. Really yet had comedic elements in this video and it was fun to watch. I would watch this music video starting at the beginning of February on the 7th up until I actually just finished the 2by2 comic works for basically were they would be concluded in their experiment in finality. The song is about MGMT stealing this other's band song and gaining success and then begin found out as stealers and made to pay but in the end in some great comedic tones-they eventually atone from their sins. The video closes with the original band saying that "Me and Micheal belongs to everyone". Now, this was a song. It was a great song. Very funny music video and really I liked the tones of the music in this video and that type of vaporwave vibe in the music.
 
Yes, and then I listened to the album in fall 2018 I believe and it was somewhat a dissapointment but the songs were were you could listen to them but not as good as the ones with music videos to them. I mean some people might like that type of stuff but honestly most of the songs on that album weren't my thing but it was better than Alien Days or the 2014 album of course. So yea, that was basically a time from fall 2017 to early 2018 were I listened to MGMT alot. There would be a short yearly break and by fall 2019 they were back at it again but with their own record label because they are the "management" alas I am to say that I like the direction of where their music is going but really much MGMT does not like to dumb down their meanings or inspirations and just likes to experiment. Somewhat that is their strength but also just really tends to push some people away from their music. I mean I am not saying this as a sole opinion but it is what it is. Every musician or band does not have to be what the audience wants I am to express and really much I just appreciate MGMT for the music it has created that I have liked. Even if on their new record only few songs I like, then it will be still good as there are likely to be songs in which I like on the record.

Comments

Popular Posts