2by2 comics
Now, I am to say this event that happened in fall 2017 in December of 2017, basically was an event expanding from 2017's end to the start of 2018. Frankly there are to be said some things about this event so that any reader can understand what it is about. Simply by definition it was an effort to create comics in an experimental means. Basically would focus on five series and each series would have 4 page serials. The number of serials that each series would have 10 serials. The project was to be done in a relatively short period of time. Usually 5 series to even create or more would take four months based off of work I did before in fall 2014. Here, I was to compress everything into a short period of time and that would be the experiment.All 5 series would be done at once because I would not have time to work on them individually, I did figure in my planning. The basic objective was to see if storytelling could work to the degree of 5 series in a time limit. Now, this whole effort was catalyzed by a successful project with similar aims but only to the degree one series. It also aimed for 10 serials with 4 pages. What actually happened in the project called Mysterious and Changer was that it went off for 11 serials and was a success in a time limit without strain upon its story. In 1 hour and 30 minutes near had completed this work and this basically would lead a preparation to maximize this result. I am to say in heavy clarity that it was only and solely me, Jamie Hinte who pushed the project into being over time and over effort.
Let me level with you here. Everyone has ambitions and everyone has goals and sincerely, I was behind on what I wanted to even accomplish. I was pushed back and really much I would let things be as they were. I wanted to create many comics and not just one comic series. That is to say many people on the internet make tired excuses behind the one series they have that does not update and why you should only do one but it is all nonsense when these people really don't care about their own works to do anything much with the works over the span of days, months and ultimately years. They are false authorities. In art and life pretty much, the only authority to action in what you want in life is you. Social media and its youtube, twitter, facebook, instagram and all else personalities and voices are really just false idols. I am to say that the internet is only to be a tool and I realized that again when you see so many people just giving excuses to how they cannot be where they want to be. The internet is a tool and not a guidance machine. Necessarily it might surprise you how lazy many people actually are and really unmotivated and basically give a front of authority as if they are "going somewhere". Neatly,many people on the net and artists on it don't improve and just become stale over time because they care about nothing. I am to say that really much only my narrative of how things are mattered and the only narrative that matters to people is their narrative especially in their art and their lives. People should not have control over their lives.
People should not be telling you what to draw, what to expect and what to do. I am to say that for all the art youtubers and people of this and that art facet, its all just a bunch of piss their advice and direction. You would become a closeminded fool who believes in really imaginary concepts of how art works than real concepts. You would be closeminded to other cultures and other people who don't do art the same as you. I realized at that end of that August 2017, I had to make a real advance. And one that would propel me into the future and not always having my ideas bested by people and society. I would push to get necessary vengeance against people who had held me back, people who were against me and people who for someone reason or another had it all against me. I was not going to conform to this social media art nonsensical lifestyle where people cannot think for theirselves and all try to be the same individual posting the same things over and over again. The best thing was that I knew that I could do and so I began putting in work to do what I aimed to. Start some sort of catalyst to improve my standing in getting my comic book ideas numerous and many done. And so I started at the end of August making preparations. Officially my self improvement session of sorts had begun. The session called MM culture 2017 would last from August's end till December.
I did several things to prepare along the way. I challenged myself with making new ideas and plans for those ideas with a project called Regalia Bear Airs. I worked on works that I had created in the summer or rather the end of July and only improved in what I could do with those works. I continued to experiment with the method used on Mysterious Changer on several series-Black Magic, Universe Express, Techno Party and Zino Flyboy if not other works. Things had been progressing in a normal pace until the end of November where I decided to pick up the pace. I went far and wide the first weekend of December starting on Friday.
On a Friday I started to fill in a lined paper notebook of all the series in which I would work on. Another week would pass and the work of Treering was to be the last work in which was added. I am to say the book I brought with me to school. I worked on it after class but before I went I listened to Phoenix's latest song and that was that. I was inspired and frankly I eventually ended the book with Treering. The order basically would go like Bandar Pitt, Breaking Ponies, Chainman and Duster, Weathermen Persona and then Treering. This book contained the first pages of each ten serials for each work.50 pages of 1st pages of each serial.
The plan was to add separate pages to the book and adapt if necessary but that did not happen and I ran out of loose paper to do it. I basically could not buy any more paper for the reasons of people whom could be your family having issue that you "use so much paper" and that your room is full of paper. I basically was forced to use the least effective route and basically it was either that or nothing. I mean to say the experiment with Mysterious and Changer worked because pages could be added to previously set up ones and removed if necessary(none were removed) but being able to see the pages as loose leaf had a great advantage. It was easier to reference pages and characters when every page was not connected to a book. I thought it would be easy to have a book this time around to effectively record the first pages and easily reference them now they would be in great abundance. Yet I was forced into getting three spare books to put the rest of the pages in. One book was for page 2, another book was for page 3 and another page 4 of each 1st page of the 50 serials in the first book that made up five series. Basically the only advantage is that I did not have count things out. However this was a major set back and really if people did not bar me from buying paper I would have been in a better spot. Alas, the determination for people to get in my way just really motivated me.
So frankly one week after the first book was filled out to a degree as I left some many spaces open to the storytelling process to fill in later-I acquired these three spare books. I did not start work right away.Nope, I frankly used that time which was also finals week to finish up some new ideas and work a bit more on the works from summer and look at all my drafts of Kyeombi projects and their like up to that point. The last Thursday of the hell I was living came of going to two community campuses to take graphic design classes. The very Friday school ended, it snowed in Texas like alot. In the gulf of mexico region, it snowing is something of legendary feat and some would say it has prophetic abilities or "seeing a unicorn" type feel to it. This kicked off me working on the effort of adding more pages to the first pages and filling in the first pages which I promptly called the "expansion". Now, basically I continued working into the Christmas break and especially the Christmas week. I did try to do many other projects in between whilst I was working on the expansion. That week I was focusing on the 2nd pages. By the end of that week or after Christmas nearest Saturday had been working on a new book of ideas and concluded it with a work called Armor Girl. Basically I believed I stayed up late watching Adventure Time mainly drawing in this week and frankly would continue to do so for a bit of a while.That weekend in the same book in an unfilled spot created a version of a story called Triple.
I started working in one notebook for the works that I started creating and working on at the end of July works that at the time I did not give any real name that stuck. I have been in the modern context referring to them as the "Edge of July" works. Really much it was time of imploding ideas and I would not be settling for anything but my inherent best in what I could do at the time. By the end of the Christmas week and the start of another one , I had started filling in the third and fourth pages and really stayed up late doing this. No cheers of support from thine family just jeers of narcissism and their own twisted understanding of nothing at all. Really much; certainly that is when I just stuck to my room and focused on the works. By that week it was the end of the year and the new year was coming up and the end of the year would not be easy. It would be rocky if anything. My chair was so freaking uncomfortable in my room and yet I continued to fill parts in switching book to book and going series to series. Believe it or not it was actually tiring and I was going at a faster than thou pace. I wondered that if continuing the work after a point would ruin its quality. I was already going fast enough but would quality keep up? People literally did not understand nor care about what I was doing and really for the sake of it did not want to keep on going faster to evade jabs. Literally, it was like you realize you were an asteroid that could break away before it killed all the dinosaurs or get your objective done( if you ask me why I make this analogy it is because I hate dinosaurs pretty much).
You have to realize that nearing the third book, I was flat out tired. Entering the fourth book, just very dismally tired. I started to fill them in by this last week and really much it would take that entire week and the new year and I would still be barely making any ground on either third or fourth pages. Also I was still filling in missing parts of pages from 1 and 2 because the stories did not come easy.At the end of the month I kept adding into the book not connected to the project with new ideas. Here, I started adding a past Hentai brand of stories project effort and that was at the end of the month. By December 30th I started writing on the blog because I knew I was close to ending the experiment and settling down an "airplane" that took off only in time over four months near. Solely I did to provide a record to my future self to look back upon and to get some hype behind this project which actually was going to change everything. I released these notes of progress under "Runs". One was called Run 1, Run 2, and Run 3. Of course there was a prelude called, " the author and his process". Three days into the new year and the effort was over for which the public could be concerned. The ending was really not the ending as I kept work on it for three weeks into 2018. And then really still much until February 2018( I took a week break). I mean I was not going to give everything away. I did try to be inclusive but I was not going to give everything away for free and so I did not in the end. I basically built up hype and kept an audience" wishing for more". In many ways this worked wonders.
For another week I worked on trying to advance a story of all the works to be of 3 pages and fill them in but I will say that this was hard work and basically somewhat in my opinion then and maybe after then and now put too much sex into the work. I mean, some of these works weren't ever supposed to have any sexual elements in their works. Chainman and Duster and Bandar Pitt where the only ones I could keep without this element. I started to work on another book of works at the beginning of that year that featured a"2018 version" of a work called Mindgames and then a work called Titan Andy Andy Titan. It was something fun and something great but I had stress that there would be repercussions for not finishing my work. Alas by the time a music awards had come around in January I believe, I pretty much was done with working on the work to the degree as it being "experimental" I figured I would continue it later on when I developed more skills. This again was just another test run and stepping stone to a larger goal and so there was always going to be another opportunity to get things done. I frankly stopped where there was mostly two/three pages for many of the series. I believe I took a week break and wondered what was next. At the same time this was going I started another book of drawn works for some of the most and more established ideas from the "Edge of July" works. And else there was a chance rather for new ideas too. It was great fun besides some bitterness from dear parental folk angry about something or another.( Yea, I kept on thinking clearly and this did not affect my work or my motives but a person cannot be helped but be annoyed at how disdainful people have to be at you because they want to and expressly don't care what you are actually doing or what you even just accomplished).
So February comes and I am still working on this project essentially pushing were I could whilst watching the SYFY show 12 monkeys. Basically, I was thinking about more things of potential by that time and even had started doing them. One more week into February and I did my best to get to three pages for all the serials in some length of all the series and then that was it. Really thought to myself, what difference does one page make? I am to say I really did not like the format I was forced to and basically just wanted something better out of it. Maybe in the future get to where I got do another trail or run of the experiment. Alas, it was great success and the outcome of what I did would impact the future for sure and even what I would be working on the summer 2018 for certain.
Now let us process the achievement for a minute. I basically worked on five series at once. The method in which I was working was not the best but namely completed at least three pages per each series' 10 serials that were supposed to have four pages. Alas, what can be gathered is that this would impact not only my works and what I would publish but my methods of course. The very methods in which I would use in 2019. Essentially there I did many works at the same time but to a larger degree. I simply adapted what I used in December 2017 and early 2018, the very method and expanded it to a larger set of works. Yes, very much I was pretty much effective in getting things done and using the successes from them to advance even if no money was ever to be included. You heard that right kids, I did not need to say to people on the net " that money makes my works advance or something or another". All I would say is that, here is a work that is very unique and no one else can create it. Yet no one would ever buy one my works. No matter how many times I switched a third party vendor. But the thing to realize is that my efforts solely matter much more than money trying to intimate Sakichamichan or whatever internet artist. I realized I had gained skill and thus power through this advent in which I planned and launched off into the air and then landed. I could do things now in which no one else could and no one else would dare. Honestly, is why I even pushed forward even this method in the 2by2 comic project called the 4by4 method that was very complex at its time. I am to say by 2019, it became an entire different animal and I never took time to name even that method at all but really much the benefits of what I did in that time of transition from 2017 to 2018 outweighed any risks for how far I have just come. And I might even go further.
Ardently I would be content solely if I did not plan to make a company that I get no money from my efforts but a company that does not make money is not a company at all. Eventually to even reach a goal I will have to find some way to make some money in an unsympathetic and problematic market that does not involve belittling oneself or being like the many cowards there are on the net to even try anything different than anyone else. Oh and also, offering your stupid art advice does not set you above anyone really just makes you a figure who tries to cage real creativity and what can even become. I am to say that art is nothing something you can hold hands with another through but fight for and create ardently for. It is hard to imagine that I know when you are over filled with tons of nonsense of what reality is to some artists who are just cowards by every meaning of the word but in real life; not every artist draws fan art or even have a twitter or social media account. How even do these people exist? The same manner I did and do; not depending on others for approval or ideas or trying to be someone else. People who engage on social media never could do a creative experiment. The only thing they would be good is taking other people's work and that's that for context. I am to say that I will continue to push and push and not give up.
Comments
Post a Comment