The take off, launch.
So this is a recollection of the time in which I bettered myself more than education could. Real works of life folks is the ability to see and gauge room for improvement and when to create and get projects done or rather to see and gauge how and when they could get done.
Since mid October 2017, I had been working on a new method-it was to be larger than the one I worked on with Mysterious and Changer. That one was simply on the whims of something in which I did not care to understand at the time but if I am to say it was a mood and behavior and a way of mind. That was easy and refined. I just had no discipline to come at it from that angle and so I went another direction than with the basis of the method used on Mysterious and Changer at the end of July.
Basically what happened in this method of Mysterious and Changer was that I drew two characters on a page every night before bed on Saturday and Sunday and then one more day on Wednesday. I studied a story or set of my stories and even past drafts I had developed noticeably from spring 2015. I developed a "flight path" for the idea. Then on Friday after days of pondering, I basically got some more papers and each page done with these two characters on it were to be a serial. There were to be 11 pages though I did not neatly count and thought there was ten pages, I did most of my work in the dark you see to inspire something. Black you can say is a color that can manufactured. Its an eternal color. The color of the space of universe, the night sky and dark places even when you close your eyes you see the color. Black can become a style on its own. Scientists have even recreated different shades of black or new types of black. But alas, the notion of the setting was a very sensory one in a calming effect. Never was there to be a breach in the idea of calm in this method. Why I bother now to share this is because I know many people cannot do anything to be calm. They always got to question things incessantly and just be all about them and what they are facing is "so hard". Oft folks people who cannot even wear a mask or ponder deep questions of protecting others and doing a part of society are not people who could ever hope to master the method as it needs to be done and not how they "want it to be".Nor could actually not doubt the specifications of "expansion".
Yes, on that Friday the added pages to the 11 actual serials, were to be three more pages. I gave myself a hour and 45 minutes at the start to complete a full completed comic of ten serials( I miscounted so I thought there were ten). I watched a movie that was to be relatively calming at least to me and got to work. Just keeping the "eye on the prize" and thinking about next to nothing else but the story I had rehearsed, drew the ten serials in that movie's time period. But realized I had left one page out and there were actually 11 serials. I took about 30 minutes to a hour to complete the rest of it because it was the ending and difficult to get done in that small 4 page place where the story was else already jammed packed and you had to make things make sense.
The experiment I later realized in fall 2017 later, was flawed in being replicated to other works because the Mysterious and Changer series had a good set of drafts that were good to draw ideas from. Not all the works I prior planned to replicate the success of the experiment in later July would even have good drafts or any drafts at all. You see some of the different drafts weren't as lending to cohesive and concise to their written boundaries as the Mysterious and Changer draft was. They if they had drafts came from fall 2014 were the method of drafting changed and only got more efficient until you reached spring 2015. The big problem is that the quality of the drafts weren't good or close to the story envisioned as Mysterious and Changer's draft was. These previous drafts are good in their own right and I cherish what I accomplished in them but they weren't good for the capability I had in mind for this rather complex assignment of mine. I basically decided to modify my method from Mysterious and Changer to where the story need not be the same as the written nor need to be based off a draft prior. It now would all come from the head at the moment of doing the work. Would this have its disadvantages, yes, many. For instance, this kinda of made it easier to work on the comics but also made it so that you had to do twice the work that you never had to do in the original.Premade and rehearsed ideas was the strength of the method used on Mysterious and Changer in 2017. I just dumped that idea because no one has time to make these smaller drafts and just waste their time and paper. I really did not have alot of paper to go around and make things work. I actually had to gather enough paper to do what I was going to do in the first place.
On that note, the original would have loose leaf papers with lines. This time around settled for four wide ruled notebooks because it was the only paper source around. It would have been easier and better for it to be all loose leaf because you never had to flip from book A to book B to book C and then D to view the entire serial drawn. But that is what had to be done out of necessity to make things happen.
I basically would decide this element later on and so plans did change. Basically in each book would be ten pages of a series and each book would house 4 to 6 series. Each four books would represent a then a page in a 4 page comic. Meaning there was a book for page 1's, page 2's, page 3's and page 4's. Much like an assembly line it was.
As for the calming nature of the advent, I decided that I would not be able to get that element this time around due to what I had faced in that fall 2017 semester prior to when I started planning in mid October to later fall 2017. I would just go off the experience of enthusiasm. So this threw off another productive structure of the prior. Basically the new method had a bit of disabilities but no one I reasoned and not much me to an extent especially being aggravated to a degree of being pissed off- could be calm for the length of 4 to 6 series at the same time. Maybe if I was doing them all separately but no I was to do them all at once because really I did not have the time to do them separately at all.
These things considered the new method was devised solely from thoughts in the Tuesday and Thursday classes because literally that is where I was at my breaking point in fight or flight and I choose flight of course. The great idea was an airplane of sorts and it would advance upward and upward as I gained each of the components that I just spoke of and then the days of attempts instead of one day just came and then the real magic began. I launched the airplane into the atmosphere.
Comments
Post a Comment