New adventure.
Kissanime is gone and so is Kissmanga. I used those sites alot and I will never regret it. Does viewing a site with pirated material make me a criminal? Nope, in fact the whole site of Kissmanga is what even allowed me to even gained a better interest in manga. I mean there are manga I have bought strictly because I found they existed on that site. Can you do that with crunchyroll which is very limited, very controlled to "American interests and what's popular?" and just lacks a good definition of titles that are not just from the general popular titles that Japan gives a license to other countries to produce and distribute? I mean fuck the people who think this is going to help them get any money to creators at all. I mean, there are so many regions of this world that aren't Japan and don't have the places where people can buy Manga to a great variety. Only until the times after 2015, did I see in my local place any great definition of Manga works that were not cliche, overtly popularized and not just too campy to a " this is what is popular for American readers". I mean I will never purchase from Crunchyroll, I think it is demeaning to people's intelligence they be told "these are good subs where we don't match the poor in english audio". I am to say that American dubbing and American bullshit from its companies kills anime and manga. It kills it. Moreso the anime in the dubbing regard and other close minded practices of "these works are all manga are all about". Literally I don't know when I watched last any anime on Netflix but the dubbing works always can annoy you literally to death that they are just these mind controlled weebs to think they are even doing a good job half the shit in representing the characters well in english. Some of the dubs are so terrible that you have to question why people just want to try to Americanize everything and take the character away from the original material. Literally there is a thing where people in the western world like to try to interpret everything of another culture that is superiorly advanced in storytelling compared to their piss and like try to put it in the context-they, the fucking idiots can understand. Brutally but it is the truth. I am to say we don't appreciate when companies make movies of anime where the character's are basically just using the names of those from the original manga source material. But that is what places like Crunchyroll like doing much and much. Bad audio, bad text and it just becomes this redeeming piss cycle of bad quality redundancy to where it becomes a character trait. I am to say that the so called "illegal places" at least offer a better, passionate and accurate translation of manga and well people usually just get a better experience reading subtitles anyways.
Moreover on the subject of "not everyone lives in Japan", I am seriously to say that really the services from Americans and other people are shit and crap and just second rate to what Japanese viewers and readers get. Should I be reading and hearing two different fucking scripts? I should not. Coordinate people, Netflix, Crunchyroll and the like. You can translate what you want the characters to say before you get voice acts to do their parts. Common sense right but these places never do that and do subtitles and voice acting separately. People really much don't like being "told what they like" because they are strange animals in America who appreciate manga and not comics. People don't like being mocked and belittled or assumed that their interests can be controlled. That is all the air of a flipping fuck Crunchyroll and the like give to Manga and shows. Not every fucking anime is on Crunchyroll. Everything however is on these so called " pirated sites". You can explore what you like and meet others from all across the world from the Middle East, Egypt, places in Africa,Spain, other countries in Asia and even Brazil who like the same work and show where you can purchase the work if at all.
Namely, the bookstores, places like Crunchyroll and else are slow in releasing. People would not be even able to keep up an interest in manga when they don't and are not able to get the releases when they arrive and not have to wait on some poorly construed translation for the most part! I am to ask; is money so important that you over step to realize that everyone does not have access to manga in the most legal senses in its full variety as you might because their countries have poor distribution circuits? What the Japanese government should be doing is getting more manga that are not shonen and not these popular easy to Anime works into worldwide distribution and not trying to shut down sites that give people who otherwise never have it-access into the world of manga. I am to say if they did that and helped grant people the ability to receive Manga of all types and in good quality of translation, there probably would not be as a need for these "pirate sites" anymore but replace these sites as being necessary. I am to say that when you have a strict copyright law, all you are going to do is drive people away from the medium of manga and make people truly hate your country for its stringent inequalities. Why should only the Japanese people get to enjoy all the types of manga that exist?
Truly enough I have seen even a good trend that happens in the manga world. The austere manga that are often never popular so much at first reach a time where they become popular and then recieve an adaption and then their fame spreads like wildfire until they become something else completely than what the original fans knew of them in terms of not having an anime, movie special or some live action adaption. I mean I found Fire Force, Demon Slayer, Black Clover, My Hero Academia before they were popular and well basically while being more popular is good-it shows the folly of the current American and else systems. These companies like Crunchyroll deem them in a nature that is to say, " they are the next big thing" and never truly focus on the fact that these works were good without the popularity and toxic fans that come with popularity. I am to say places like Crunchyroll inspire such disrespect as people trying to "remake" characters as if their original capacity and capabilities are not to their liking. For instance, recently try to turn one particular gray haired girl in her 20s with big boobs into either a fat person or a white person because people are so offended. Its like people don't understand these works are unique and that they come from a different culture that actually can tell a good story without shoving in your face a girl is kissing a girl (She-ra). They don't seem to realize that these works come from Japan and truly are masterful. All Crunchyroll does is appeal to a toxic estate of an imposed superiority complex," that Japanese original is bad and Americanized stories are better" and mainly and I mean mainly, " if it is not about the hype then what is there?" I did watch an anime special on Netflix some time ago and it was attributrily the worst rendition of facts and " oh, its okay to read manga because Americans are dead set on comics". Such fucking piss it was and belittling. All Americans are not closed minded idiots who basically love these themes of hippie love, overt LGBT bashing by pretending an appreciation for the subject matter, and hate "cartoons". I am to say that really enough people just don't understand a target audience foremost and really only people who really aren't fans are picked up by "My Hero Academia fanart and hype of 'this is cool'". Many people who are real manga fans and not those who become "fans" just because its popular all of a sudden and they really don't understand the characters not the story-don't use fucking Crunchyroll and places that really much don't expand anyone's knowledge of what exists out in manga.
I am to say I would have never read one manga if not for Kissmanga. It truly did change my life and my works. I was able to recognize the world of manga and stay up to date with things and buy works I would never have bought before. I was able to understand the world of Korean comics before it ever became a popular thing and to know which work like " Killing and Stalking" is overplayed and just really know that Korean comics is not about women and women bonking or men and men doing the same. But that is the sort of poisonous generalization that is spat at people and turns people off by the localization agencies and companies. No one much who ever was cogent falls into these "advertisement traps" and thinks every korean comic is "Killing and Stalking" or that every anime is "My Hero Academia". Literally enough people don't know what harm they actually doing by cutting off these sites that really display all varieties of Japanese manga. They are basically devaluing the global growth the medium has been seeing in readership for a decade now.
I am to say if the Japanese government could stop all "piracy" would it even do any good to the manga creators. Nope, see you later big money and high production works-you would see a global decline in interest for the works. No one would want to use their crappy localization places or even pay to get a bunch of shit in return or belittled to the variety of works that they can get is limited to "what some people think are popular". Honestly without these places would anyone truly be able to find the next popular thing when the popular works seem to be set in stone and no one knows anything and some people could have such hate for this over boosted popularity that they just leave manga behind? I am to say that Japan is really not looking at any large picture but just looking at money and being overtly greedy. Sure, sure, people are cheated out of money by piracy but what about the people who actually buy many works thanks to these sites? It seems to be said that an overlooked fact is that they significantly will loose great numbers of whatever popularity manga has grown in the last twenty years. I mean would I ever have read manga when I disliked those overtly popular works like Dragonball Z and their annoying ass fans? I never would have. Whilst even with the popular works like One Piece, these sites give fans the advantage of "staying interested in the work" by being able to read each chapter as it actually comes out. A world where piracy is nil is one where manga like One Piece never again trends on Twitter or/and people literally don't care about it because they don't even get the most recent things. It is is things like this that makes the deathing of Kissmanga and Kissanime an actual attempt to "return viewership towards Japanese readers". I mean that is only who would be reading these manga if there was no form of piracy. No one cares about Crunchyroll and its "hype only content".
Seriously enough, I have not been using Kissmanga or Kissanime for maybe three years for the fact that the site was overrunned by viruses and the pop ups and just disturbing ads and features that would cut through an pop up blocker and kinda of cheered when it was taken down. But I realize from history that some things ought to be as they are and not in the mandates of people's strict control. I hope people are to realize that the Japanese aren't the most diverse people on the fact of the Earth and that kinda of makes for a lack of concern for others even if they have good storytelling. Some Mangaka are just people who are racist and support Hitler, there have been stories on this and really much I would say their American equal are people who really choose to live a hard life and work minimal wage jobs and then blame people of color for everything aka the republicans. Yet I am to say that a republican writing anything or drawing anything productive to the result of a Manga would be as odd as a chicken being blue. Literally,no sort of republicans of the "working class" are that intelligent or even that mentally endearing to any sort of imagination that does not require them thinking of people as inferior. Yet this is to say that really Japan is only looking out for its interests and not the world's interest which reflects poorly on their actual profits from Manga. I mean do you even think that people are going to subject theirselves to a belittling notion that they are not equal beings? That they have to get these poor quality and less variety works that are somewhat valid when people assume Americans are all idiots and all hateful of the world and really cannot think for theirselves to what is actually in their own interest and what is "popular" to them. I think the peak of the real reasons why Crunchyroll and the like fail to reach many people hence "privacy sites" is because they speak to a white christian close minded group of people that such ideas of "modern day vampires" and the such are " just what you read anyway-here is a Japanese take". It is like these places inspire a ruse idealism of what the Japanese people even are and you get all these people wanting to be Japanese and move over there just because they saw Naruto or something or another.
Oft I believe that really enough that people need to really appreciate what manga really is in all forms and not just popular works or works that become popular like Demon Slayer which in 2015 was never in the sights of the twitter following and social media following it has now. Sakichami chan never ever made an artwork of any character until Demon Slayer became famous and became this popularized stand in work which it is not. I mean who knows if Sakichami Chan or any artist like her even knows about what the work really is about. Or if they have ever read it. My guess is always no because they never include any villains much to what you cannot just get from watching an anime adaptation ! It is the Crunchyroll popularization and dumbing down that makes people stupid and really akin to try to take profits from mangaka's intellectual property. Are the Japanese going to get on Sakichami chan and all these artists when they actually sell fanart and even tv shirts and jackets and hoodies with the characters on it? I really don't think the people who made the current copyright laws realize what game they are actually playing. The only people who would basically get any improved profits would be these artists who really sell the intellectual property to a degree that actual takes as much work as a Manga Rock does. If you don't know what Manga Rock is, it is the first manga "piracy" site that got in trouble for essentially trying to relicense and resell the works of many mangaka as their own. It was a heinous thing but clearly people who made this law miss out on the sums of individuals who actually take a property profit off hype given by misleading places like Crunchyroll which never operate in the means of "all which manga is" but what " we as the company deem as popular". For all the hype that places you have to buy into as being commercial like Crunchyroll and then exposed to Twitter and its sums of artists who take advantage of the hype and a commercial driven nature already imposed onto people " that this what Anime and Manga are"-you basically get an understanding by the consumer that it is okay to appreciate manga only as it is popular. Moreso, when it is resold as art by the twitter and social media artists taking advantage of the popularity of a series-consumers and people who give into a "Crunchyroll ideal of popularity" become convinced that all anime is about is what is popular and really this overtly advertised sense of popular works and never what actually anything is.
This only allows people who want to fix characters, think they must by their own beliefs of politically correctness and never being told that " this is a work by people of another culture in which you should respect and never try to fix anything or support people who sell their intellectual property. I am to say that "pirating" as putting manga and anime on a freaking site is not really thievery in the hardcore sense of people and big name net artists selling popular characters from popular manga as their own products on a patreon, storefront or else. No one on Kissanime or Kissmanga was trying to sell anyone jackshit but just give them an experience of knowing "all Manga in which there is". Yet I am to say maybe you don't see people truing to engaging copyright against these social media artists because they are foremost ignorant how many people actually coffer money from their properties. Literally even if they were to shut down ever "piracy site" they would still loose so much and the vacuum of the "piracy sites" would basically draw many more people to be misled to what manga and anime are about and thus fall into the commercial traps of keeping an artist's rendition of a popularized manga or anime character. Or much paying through the nose for these works just so they can be in with a hype and a fad advertisement movement that defiles the work. Literally, people don't know the worth of manga or anime nor really care least it be behind the front of popularity and ignorance about the real origin of the work and its true culture. Surely, removing the element of "piracy works" would get many people to buy works of manga and anime but never from the actual rights holders but all to international artists where it might just be hard to even get legal action from them if the country they reside in is hostile to Japan.I mean to say that Japan is never going to fix the loss of income whereas they have a misconception that everyone who views a piracy site is a "missed customer" when in actuality they lose so much from people who buy things that actually convert the intellectual rights of mangaka and companies into products and pictures and the sort of stuff of trinkets. I mean I am to say that really this only leads to the utter decline and even shuttering of manga in many places.
The one thing I can think of to stop the misrepresentation of manga and the faulty understanding of it that is prevalent due to places like Crunchyroll and the such, is a site that directs people to all the varieties of manga that exist and actually record them so that future viewers of the subject matter can check out all the good works and if not know where to find them. It will not be like "piracy" at all but showcase the best manga there is without this pretentious air of " we discovered manga from a popularized anime and really know nothing of it". I think this will be a good project to endeavor, however will not be using any original images, everything will be drawn by myself so that there are no legal troubles. Nothing will be sold on the site. It will not be called Kissanime or Kissmanga.
I find this an excellent way to inform people of different manga stories without hype or controversy or "pirating" and gives them a way to actually support mangaka all throughout the different works that they create. Also to prevent even such a reality where grifter artists make so much money off manga intellectual properties and the manga industry itself does not get any real money it is owed because of such grifting.
Comments
Post a Comment