Manga list
Simply in the following detail some works and some important things that come to my mind when I think of them. It could be a synopsis or just a thought and not a large article type thing.
Lessa.
Not a Manga, but from South Korea. Basically set in a post apocalyptic setting, our main character goes to seek out his sister who disappeared using his new found powers against the demons who now have taken control over everything. read 2015
Shut Hell
Basically this story is about a boy who takes the place of an individual during the mongol invasions and is called Shut Hell for how many kills he and the woman he takes place of( who regains consciousness for awhile) land against the mongols. Namely the whole objective of why he is sent back in time is to preserve an ancient language from fading out of existence and he has the help of keeper of tablet that carries the language. Oft this manga was very mature and is not for younger audiences. Many individuals do die in this work and other terrible things. read 2016 to 2017
Dorohedoro
Simply this series starts out with Kaiman, a man with a lizard head looking for the magician who changed his face into a lizard's head. But there is surely more to the story and at least at the start he is aided by Nikiado, his friend but surely as the series goes on things become more complex. read 2016 to 2018
Ten Prism
Not the best work and I have completely forgotten what ever the story actually was about but you see it basically was like the author had no fucking clue what they were doing and set up characters to go on adventure in which they never did. Really the most underdeveloped manga I have read in terms of story development and that is saying something. read 2015 to 2017.
Magi
Whilst there is an anime for Magi, it does not go all the way to the ending of the work. Namely at one time read the manga and let's say this work is never carried in a bookstore for you to figure anything more than what they want you to be spoonfed at olde Crunchyroll and popular works. I read the work for a great time after I saw the anime and basically the story itself gets darker as you go along and really much I just could not take this length of darkness and only read it again till recently. read 2015 to 2017.
Bleach
Bleach is a work that had an anime with too many fillers in my opinion. The manga was more direct and more purposeful to a story. I personally like the last installment chapters of the series though I find some elements were unnecessarily brutal-it in all was a good story and had the potential for continuation. read in 2015.
Hatzoki Zombie.
So really enough folks, this work is about a dude getting hit on the head with a ball from a girl who likes him and he begins to see the love interests of all the males around him including himself. It turns out his ideal woman is just a girl who he knew as a kid but later moved away. But now she is back and is a he! Drama ensues and well he and this girl called Eve(but Rirsu now) who moved away and "actually was a male" go to help people match up with their ideal loves to get rid of their "Love Zombies" that appear over their heads and for some can become toxic and dangerous spectors to other "Love Zombies" or manifestations of boy's and men's love interests. More drama ensues as Ebisu, the girl who accidently hit him and also a childhood friend vyes for his heart and it is revealed that Rirsu is actually a girl who can also see the "Love Zombies". read summer 2016 to 2019.
Fire Force
About a world in which has gone to flames in a catastrophe where people turn into flaming monsters and have to be put down by a special fire fighting force. Follows new recruit Shinra at the company 8 fire department as he and other members investigate who actually is creating the flaming monsters and must stop an organization trying to recreate the catastrophe that destroyed much of the world before.read spring 2016 to current day.
Demon Slayer
I only actually read the work one time in 2015 where and which it was not that popular or to be featured on any real distribution agendas. I mean literally when that anime would come out, suddenly this work would appear in the bookstore as if it had not existed before and only from the success of its anime. I mean, I read at least two chapters of the work in 2015, it was not to my liking but very popular amongst the net readers.Nearly four years later, after an anime by ufotable the studio-its suddenly a very big deal amongst people on twitter who clearly never read any of the manga story and just in it for hype. I really think that people never consider reading the manga when the assume that the manga is secondary in nature to the anime and are just bought on the ideas that solely these work is just anime hyped by Crunchyroll or else platform. Oft I started reading the work in 2019 and really much I did like how the story ended, a sort of realistic thing happening there at the end. read from 2015, 2019 to now.
Eden's Zero
This is the creator of Fairy Tail's next work and I am to say that it is a good science fiction type of work and references past characters and archetypes from his past works. It came out in summer 2018 I believe and I really like the originality of this story. The story is kinda of dark and more mature in some points and well different from any previous story done by the author. It is set to receive an anime soon and I find that a good aspect but as well you are just going to get more grifting fans and people drawing art about stuff they clearly know nothing of. One of my favorite works to date.
Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul Re
I only read these works because of the first anime of Tokyo Ghoul. It was on Hulu in 2013( I believe) when it was free. I really only looked at it in spring 2015 and that was that. Literally, the work was very popular at the time I watched the anime. I was curious to the story in the manga however and I started reading it or rather read Tokyo Ghoul Re to figure out what happened after the story in the anime. Namely if you read the manga original and the second one called "Re" you find that they change somethings in the anime and not everything is included in the anime. I really liked reading the work since the summer 2015 until it concluded in 2018. I am to say the anime of Tokyo Ghoul Re does work well as it does not take away much elements of what happens. Oft the time of Tokyo Ghoul was short lived as a popular work. It used to be such a heavy voted work and fan art type of thing for crunchyroll folk and the sort in 2013 to 2016 but after 2017, it pretty much was removed from that interest. Really much Black Clover, My Hero Academia and others would replace it in the sum of "popularity". But what really matters is that the story is good and that really it does not need hype as some people require to be good. read 2015 to 2018
Black Clover.
I really liked reading this work in summer 2016. It was a nice change in pace and I really liked the art style. I mean listen Asta is the most endearing character and I personal like his work ethic to become the wizard king when he does not have the powers of magic but actually anti magic! This story is about moving past people who want to put you down and say you cannot do what you want to achieve. It is a great work and I like all the arcs and all the storylines.
My Hero Academia.
I tried to read this work two times and well I did somewhat get some far in summer 2016( I read it before then in summer 2015 as well) as the anime came out in spring 2016. I mean I basically saw the work in manga form before it became an anime. Though I never got into it without the anime. I basically started reading the work in the summer 2016, I have gotten one of its mangas and I still read it today. I like its take on heroes and a "what if" world of heroes. However, the fandom that sprung up after the anime I would say is very malicious, toxic and never appreciates the original work. They try so much to interject western values and just take things too far with fan art. Arguably the most annoying fan group is all the twitter and tumblr users who "like the work". I mean the creator himself does not like these people because they are toxic to him even being "in control or competent in creating the story". The net fandom who read the manga when it was never in American bookstores because no anime was way better in terms of everything and they appreciated the author more than the modern fandom. They were there because they actually like the work and not because it was popular or a popular anime. Read summer 2015, 2016 to today.
Just a few titles to think on the back of my head but there will be more.
Comments
Post a Comment