Strange and Obscure; Dr. Seuss Dark arts.

About two weeks ago, I stumbled upon a video about Dr. Seuss' dark artworks. Rather the beloved children book author Dr. Seuss created in his spare time and else created a collection of works called the "Midnight Paintings". These works are more darker than the children's book in which many people would be familiar with. Have darker subjects. In one image found a naked lady was being kidnapped and the animals in the pictures were gazing as she was kidnapped. I find that the ark has this night type world capibility. Very detailed, distinct colors and shrouded in black some pieces are. Others are very colorful and textured. It was just interesting to realize that even Dr. Seuss who seemed like a brand and enigma is given a face in these works. Or show that he was just another person entirely.

Guardian wrote an article about in (2016).
This video by the user Solar Sands( I like their aesthetic) tells more about the artwork than what you will honestly find anywhere to a great degree of what Dr. Seuss did in his lifetime-I mean examples of everything he did are provided especially his "Midnight Paintings".



I find it is a sense of inspiration for something and pretty much other users on many places have been inspired to delve into the darker meanings of what the style that Dr. Seuss could mean....
Like this particular user on facebook just made their own dark story inspired quiet possibly by the facet of Dr. Seuss' other works than his books.

Comments

Popular Posts