France Noodle (2019); how long it took.
Truly 2018 events were glossed over on this site and really never told about them. Really much, would actually have to dive deep into everything else to get across everything that occurred. If one can be forthright; alot of my works and creativity does not exist on the net and yes. what does not exist on the net affects my life quite a bit. I am to say the creative journey has one that has been self driven and ardently fought for by me and me alone mostly. The yesterday when I was talking about France Noodle, I failed to communicate the entirety of the story for the modern part. The whole effort I was speaking about yesterday culminates in three years and if you don't know complex words-it came about in three years. Actually rather 2017, would make it four years and yea-the work essentially took that long. Why? Because frankly, the idea itself is hard to create, takes some time, there is no support, help or resources for the work and yes that means its all self driven and self funded which means it takes these stepping stones to come about. I mean a person has about 25 works and even from the very origins of the past, was never that easy to come about.
Where I should begin would be fall 2017. I could even go as far as fall 2016 when in the fall version of Cosmica; a new version of France Noodle was created and the such yet was not adopted because it was so far from the original ideals. Really much; I will say five years in actuality has this work been in the running of being created in modern. Maybe enough it could be considered six years as France Noodle appears in the first Cosmica in summer 2015 which make it the first stepping stone. The fall 2016 was a stepping stone that showed what did not work. The effort in fall 2017 basically utilized the successful 4 page method I use in some variation today and tried to set up the pages-what I call today an outline of sorts. Yet the thing with fall 2017 is that I really did not have the time for much things and just was trying to get as much done as I could. Which is not all that fun when its never properly noted and that is why maybe recording much of my works will help solve that problem in current times.
The fall 2018 works are most important is because they were a milestone much important to something of the today, One version of France Noodle was based off the fall 2017 version. Another was based off the written story from 2011. If to be said; these are two different but similar works and go hand and hand with the " two different worlds" method of today where I have alternate versions of the same story or part of the same story. I like to really think of the notion that I really in 2019 just picked up one of these works which was probably not the one made in the end of summer 2018 in July on some trip I did not like- and placed it into the story to become the 2019 version of France Noodle. Albeit, maybe some parts of the story were not utilized; a great deal of the build up for the current France Noodle comes from the "promise" of these events being included. Whether they happen or not is completely up to me but yea-the work is not released yet and even if it was-it can always be amended. Yet in the current face value of the comics market; no one but webcomic folk update their stories after they are published. Other publications might censor things but that is that. Yet I do say that many people might read my works but not enough buy them for any changes to really matter. Alas a person has options.
The story mostly for the summer and fall 2019 version mainly was completely original and some parts inspired from the written 2011 text. I mean that really much; new ideas make a story that was kinda of boring in my own opinion and full of cliches better than ever before. I mean to say that the written France Noodle from 2011 is kinda of boring as it does not directly tell what it does offer at certain points and what characters will do. Things are so open book because I wanted to give other people the ability to create with me when I was younger. I don't have time for that now. I could tell tons of reasons why I would not be willing to partner with any artists today pretty much and don't think people have a work ethic up to par. In short what the new original additions do is make the story tell a story from the written context with some type of direction. The original story had set happenings but not really a set character. I wanted that to be granted to whatever team I wanted to work with. Thankfully, the world is so cruel you never find a team and that you are some animator who is just a workhorse for some shits who don't give a fuck about you and your ambitions. The worst thing to become in life has to be an animator. And so I basically had freedom and control to make the story whatever and to a new set of ideas that I believed fit well with the original.
Maybe this time around instead of focusing on myself and my perspective; the main character would get the girl. I mean that is that to say that really the original does share my sentiments on how discrimination works like in romantics and yea-this was like in 2011 when I was 14 years old when I wrote the original. You get a mentor more than before some guiding character or rival for the main character. Then you get more villains and more world building. Ultimately all comes down to one event. This event was planned in fall 2019 but I was struggling because I just could not get a grip on the new ideas at the time-was kinda of dragged out and all strung over the place with different works and really everything was just chaotic. For once, things could slow down and when a person has a time to slow things down; they do and so I stopped working on the work to resolve my problems which ultimately is all my other works and type of work schedule. Eventually by the end of 2020 was able to get to a desirable place in a work schedule and having a pretty much better control of my works all around and from across time.
I literally will tell you that; a person realizes what they can do better when issues are fixed and everything is not chaotic and so that brings me to the point where the new ideas were completed. Alas, the 2018 elements have not been completed because you really don't need them to tell a story but you could add them in and it would heighten the story and its world. Nicely enough; the whole project could be very well to have a new beginning in its ending which is to be a larger work than four pages and nicely matches the larger work that starts the first volume of France Noodle.
So frankly things actually took about three years to really head somewhere in creating a visual working story for France Noodle that was not a draft. The draft done in fall 2014 would possibly count as another milestone but I never used it for anything else thanks to conversion methods of changing the drafts into comics not working well like with Black Magic summer 2016.In all only what could be said that will make it through to be in the final work and actually helped create the summer and fall 2010 is anything from July 2018 forward. Those elements are what create the current work alone. You could count the written directive of the story from 2011 as a guide but really it has been used in all of the works. I do say that the written 2011 work is not a script at all but just what needs to happen at various points of the story. In all the current effort has taken three years to create. Deeming that there were other works and various problems along the way since July 2018 and too many to list; I think its good it got done.
So three years is what it took to make the current effort. You could argue seven years evidently but yet the 2018 efforts are a complete break from what came before because of the amount of effort put in to tell the story or start to the story even if it took two times do to. To redraw as I was drawing the fall 2017 version in 2018 was to simply put the work into a visual format from its original written context and not fail doing so.
Comments
Post a Comment