Comics from the Philippines.
Comics from the Philippines. Really much there is few mentions of where you can read an actual Philippine comic from the past when they printed as Marvel and DC comics do today or in the capacity of comic book magazines and serializations but I found one place that offers an insight into the comics that actually were. Let's just say that its parts and bits. Pinoy Komiks is one publisher that sticks out. It has different interesting titles. They are well drawn. I have to say that I really much like the art style that is.
Captain Barbell
An individual who turns into a superhero by a magical barbell. Seems he is abused by his family members in his personal life. The costume is interesting. In the earlier stories it seems he is bare chested with a cape and the color of black and red seem to work well for his color scheme in the comic's first page. On the cover his belt is orange and so are his arm braclets. His cape is red. Later on its blue on the inside and red on the outside. In other later adaptions his suit becomes yellow and white or yellow and red. Yet mainly these adaptations are in movies, tv and fan drawings.
Darna
A female type super hero. Fights to death with her archenemy who is a medusa like being called Valentina from a comic I could find.
Laqin
This costume this guy has reminds me of a futuristic roman solider with a gun. Its pretty neat. The comic did not feature him but maybe his side kick who is female being accosted by some men after looking at food she likes.
Ipo Ipo
This superhero very much is invulnerable and a whole group of men basically get beat up by him. His custom is somewhat in my opinion not the best but yet it is my opinion bizarre as it is a skin suit mainly that shows his face. I really don't know why a person would want to show their face if they were going to cover up everything but then again; few people so far have covered their faces.
Ang Lihim ni Gagamba
I am not sure what this comic's title actually is or what the character is called. But it features cool art and dude in a mask and jacket and he carries a rope. Also beats alot of people up and could be like a vigilante character that seeks retribution. Has a girlfriend or some female companion and they have a nice car. Let's just say that as I don't understand the language the comic is in.
What I like about the comics from the Philippines is that many of them have been turned into tv shows and movies pretty much comics in Mexico. Yet Pinoy Komiks no longer makes any works. There are still comics that come from the Philippines in the modern day but yet not really do they have anything of serialized stories by a publisher. Everything is a graphic novel or published online or published by a company that does not serialize works. Culturally, Captain Barbell and Darna are one of the most popular characters amongst others and they appear in the search engine searches alot. There is likely more information to be know about the characters into the future as I research and if I missed anything or got anything wrong of the current and you would like to clarify the real facts do not hesitate to contact Jhmtmkodern@gmail.com as I am open to corrections.

Comments
Post a Comment