MK MZODERN NEW LEAGUE.
Comics are present through the entire world. There are emerging comic industries. Current comic industries and extinct ones. There are many different comic styles across this world.
You may know of the industry in America in the comics revolving around superheroes and graphic novels with other themes and with two large companies and other smaller companies. You may know of Japan and its wealth of creators men and women with equal chance of success( unlike America which prides itself being more equal for woman than a male based society like Japan). You may know of Japan and its many manga.
You also might know of South Korean Manhwa and Chinese Manhua. These works usually deal where in Manhwa, erotic and various genres like mystery, romance and action if not more- to Manhua which can be as varied as well but I personally find alot of these works to be based around or about gaming. Yet I will stop assuming that people will recognize that the world as many different regions with different comic book industries.
There are comic book industries that are most established and most prominent in areas like the United States and Japan. Many who go into a bookstore today will find works from either these two locations. The American reader is likely to recognize these works by country to country basis. Interest and intrigue in Japan alone leads many American readers and worldwide viewers to venture into South Korean and then Chinese Comics. South Korean comics are likely to be hosted online under different companies and never for print in regions across the world. Chinese Comics are either to be self published works over the net( heavily censored I might add) or under a media company like Tencent which is state sponsored by the Chinese government. But the trail of advancement to learn of the world of comics ends there. I mean that it ends there for many people.
Many people will not realize that the UK has a comic book industry with publishers, Canada has an industry, France has an industry(home to Tintin) and a French Comics Association, and even Russia strangely enough has its own emerging comic book industry after years of restrictive government burning down many efforts for anyone to emerge as creators( and even if only one comic book company called Bubble comics which did even have a patreon and still does where you can buy a collection of their works). Australia has its own comic book industry that is defined by self publishing and small companies. Africa itself has a growing and emerging industries across several countries like Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya although it might be several years before any large comic book companies arise and tends to have a small comic book companies and large expos.
There could be more countries with works but yet; there is likely to chance that some places had comic book industries but died out. Places like the Philippines had a comic book industry that however is now dead. Whilst comic book artists exist there, they only exist by publishing online and doing works with companies from America or globally. Let us say that for much extents and purposes, the industry there died out by the popularity of tv rising. There are still local self publishing efforts but yet comics that were created in the past are not continued and rather comics have been lost to the ravages of time.
Noticeable mentions of a comic book industry come in the form of the Italian efforts of different formats and ideas over time and even the Disney Italia company which led to W.I.T.C.H and Monster Allergy, comics which would later be adapted into cartoons I and many people would watch on Saturday Mornings in the United States. I am sure there are more European countries with more industries but it would be exhaustive to note them at all.
Mexico at one point had a thriving comics industry and yet that died out in the 1980s due to American imports paired with the misconception that comics were for children leaving only one genre of adult comics to thrive. Today the industry has started to revive and is helped out by social media, what is important to note is that Manga is very popular in this region yet the same appreciation won't be shared by other countries for the Mexican style of comics as Manga is in Mexico. Yes, Mexico did have one comic that was published up until 2010 that was very racist to black individuals and depicted a black boy as a monkey and it was actually a big new story in 2010 and I do remember.
I am to say that Argentina, Chile, countries in the Central Americas and South Americas as well as the Caribbean might have elements of comic book efforts but many will agree that Mexico is the center of influence for the region and represents the common style found in that particular region of the world. Yet I have not researched other countries beside Mexico to any great length nor do I have any great knowledge of their comics besides the ones from Mexico.
Regions like the Middle East and that area I have never read comic from in my life and I am not going to assume that they don't have comics at all, its just that they have never been something that stuck out to me to go and find anything about. Also I think partially its because so many French people have died from offending Muslims that I think that people of that region cannot handle critique or free speech that well and have to go to very extremes as attacking the creators and even killing them to make a point. I am to say that it would not be biased to point out that they aren't famous for making a comic that calls out the other side but more like go to kill off the other side. But that is just my worldly experience and have not actually invested into researching anything about their comics.
Yes, folks, there are many comics in this world and yes, so many unfinished stories and so many stories crippled by the lack of freedom and lack of modernization in a manner that is beneficial. Some stories have simply been lost forever.
I have been wanting to do something about the comics of the world since last year and will start the effort to learn more about the different comic book distinctive styles across the world. I would also like to say that Marvel and DC comics are basically not all important as people of today would posture them to be as the sole identity of comics. They surely are distributed across the world. But yet I am to come to you as a person and as a person who recognizes reality-the United States is a very small part of this world even if it makes a major impact. Many regions alone have their own styles is what I am to communicate same as Japan has Manga-other regions have different things they call comics. Yet I am to say that if they actually call them comics like Russia and African Countries, they have not been making comics for that long and just take the english pronunciation as the sole identity of their works. I am to say that American comics will not be focused on in a worldly focus as they are hogs of attention and glory and have like imperialist ended the good cultures of different countries' comics to the point you cannot find these works readily to research them. I am to say that American comics are the cultural stealers of the world and this is coming from an American because really it would be nice to see more diversity in the storytelling of comics today. That is to say that American comics are very "the world is about us" and it would be an antithesis to give Marvel or DC comics any great praise as the "comics to be" or reference their movies of recent or Baby Groot and asshole Chris Pratt( associated with the cult member who got elected as a Supreme Court Judge). You are to learn each culture is truly unique and should be appreciated and that comics aren't the United States but a global thing.
I also will be drawing each and every comic series I cover from each region so, get prepared for some recording of a massive variety( I am to say that I do this because many of these works I will cover have not ever been modernized and are forgotten and whilst Marvel can celebrate its old 1930s heritage-other places very well cannot and have lost many comics from their respective time periods).
I dedicate this as a thank you note to my global viewers even if I did skip your country in this opening.
Comments
Post a Comment