Mind Games; Fears confirmed.
Tapas, don't like my work folks and basically told me to censor my comic- Mind Games. Of course the chapter they noted was not even a chapter I liked myself so easy delete but yet that idea is lost to time now. Of course I still have it myself but Tapas made it sure that you don't get to see my artistic process for good and bad. Admittedly I think in the angle I took that time, I was going a bit too far. Really. All the comic has that was removed was the beheading of an individual or afterwards? This is before the Weekend video, alright but in not in that sense the video approaches.
I mean I got an email saying that the comic had gentalia. The comic has no gentalia. I guess some people can mistake the main character holding the head near his waist as him doing something with the head but dear lord god-hell no! Like what? That's just ridiculous mates. Just making stuff up but I have not posted there on Tapas since earlier this year.
I kinda realize that the whole corporate direction of tapas as a whole is a barrier to creating. Creators cannot always at all be perfect. No, creations take years to make and some ideas might be bad. We don't need a corporation punishing people for bad ideas and good ones when they equally will punish theirselves for either during the creative process. Hot take; Tapas is kinda of bad with its "south korean" comics that are of the erotic feel. I mean, they are just like bad. They basically show nothing and might as well just pick another story to tell if you are just going to chicken out/ The thing I respect about Lezhin is that they have guts to not limit their shit and frankly exist well off a mobile format where terms and conditions are defined by Google and Apple and even Facebook. American companies who have little respect for any other culture but their own. Its kinda of sad to see a Korean comic book site basically water down what makes its genres special and its stories. Alas~ I am to say that I won't be sticking with Tapas and I will publish all my comics in a tome their own to preserve my works.
I am just to say that they have lost me on this. I mean; don't ask me to censor and really much I keep even bad ideas up to show the creative process and that it does not work in a way that is "perfect" as Tapas and these companies expect. Nope. Strangely this comes as I use what I posted on Tapas to make the new version of Mind Games.
I am to tell you that really; I kinda of don't care that they sent me this message but I think it needs to be noted what they are trying to do and what they have done even to their own cultural works. I mean, they try so hard to censor works that they just turn out shitty and all the same medicore. No one can take them seriously. Anyways, back to the progress. Alas, my fear in posting the work I did earlier this week-did come true so you know what I am saying there is real.
Comments
Post a Comment