Ama's is disgusting.
The American Music Awards is sick and disgusting. Heavy emphasis on the country music and corporate insert, Paris Hilton trying to live her music dreams. What kid cares about Paris Hilton? A forty year old something wanting to be 20 forever. Lol. I mean, I was 12 or something when Paris tried music, what do you think kids around 18 want to watch this? Like 10+ years does not make a difference? Who thought that was a good idea.
Most disturbing was that they don't know what Rock is? I mean pop/rock had only Maroon 5, BTS and the Jonas Brothers! These groups aren't pop nor rock. I am to say that pop/rock would actually be pop punk and there are so many of those bands around today. Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck, Emarosa and more could have been on these things but alas-if it ain't pop it ain't worth to be on the tv especially when the pop is a great misrepresentation of the genre. Like, how do people get away with this mislabeling that actually robs these bands of any merits?
The only saving grace was MGK performing and that is that. I am to say only because he came through himself with his music this year reaching massive audiences-that they could not push him under the rug like so many. Yet he is but a small fraction of a very diversified " rock" genre. This year has had many great new acts. Even a band with a black woman lead. But let's just hide these people and pretend that nuances of women sticking to twerking exists
What about EDM and Indie artists either. The award show really just under evaluates how pop music just stole from EDM and Indie music yet does not include either of them unless they have such significant leads of viewership they cannot be ignored. Like this show of the AMA is just borne to suck ass.
Just to support a Christian conservative country listening demographic. Like why does country in an era where its not the only music genre or ever was the only music genre gets so much airspace and especially in this award show. Yes, Taylor Swift won the artist of the year for her "Folklore" effort. I mean, what? Like what? Its all so contrite and conceived to say that this American Music Awards is even representative of the stuff people listened to. Its seriously like MGK just snuck up in the awards to even be featured; relatively seemed to only want to recognize him not because of what genre he represents-but just because he reached a wide audience. Yet can you do that when people on an award show mislabel BTS which is strictly pop as pop rock? Help, never comes to give people the views and popularity they need.
I mean to say this kinda of why some years ago, there was a separate music awards for rock artists and the many genres in that scene. However it has not last until the modern day and only lasted a few years. Yet I am so glad that Imagine Dragons was not included in pop/rock this year. Yet they did not even bother to have a real defined "rock" section from what I note and they just wanted to say on the side, "pop rock woman artist goes to". Disingenuous, mate and really the Ama's is freaking disgusting.
Comments
Post a Comment