The Mental Effort of being An Online Artist.
Now, a person gots to take some time out of their schedule to just write something that is completely original and in no way links to any current efforts but could speak about them yeph. I think pretty much that really much; a person just does not care about internet culture anymore. It does not appeal to me much that much and really-it had its time to delude and waste people's energy. I remember when people read Buzzfeed in 2013 and really much the whole Disney princesses reimagined type of thing-it was very funny indeed looking back on how much annoyance came from Buzzfeed. Eventually everything got tired and everything got burned out and really much Tik Tok just replaced it with something more beneficial and now they Buzzfeed have to depend on this platform that did not even exist in 2013 as it does today; a frank powerhouse. Greatly; somewhat in those earlier days was inspired by Buzzfeed with the articles but really much veered away from that going some type of streaming model with the different original works I created. Greatly; these works were not my main works aka Kevin M and other works but like new works I put effort into creating back then. In hindsight this took alot of energy but it was so I could breathe and learn and modify my current writing structure and become more fluid and diverse in the stories I could tell. This was an important self lesson no one taught me. Of all the people on the internet I just don't see people with the same drive or even the same level of risktaking at all because literally people are so fixated on completing their special work in this certain way but never realize that if they don't start somehow they will never get done. For a third greatly, you can say that I have gone through many different phases over time with different works and different versions but each version allows the mythos to go further. I mean; some people just have one idea but fail to completely and utterly develop it at all and develop a prestige complex where it has to be like an "anime" or completed when utterly they don't know how it would be completed or how much work goes into making anime or manga.
I'd like to think manga is the gold standard if you are a person of the self and going to work with the self with little to no team. Greatly for the average person in the Americas you aren't going to have anyone to help you and in fact with have tons and tons of detractors. I think you can find alot of detractors online aka people stuck in the mindset of a prestige complex and that work will never be completed. I like to look back at that recent Cartoon Network trend of the late where people imagined their works as tv shows on it. To be honest; I could not connect because I know how damaging and disasterly uncaring to give a fuck-the animation industry is about original ideas or people's ideas. Think of the Owl House being cancelled because "it does not fit the Disney brand" says executive who literally has no clue what Disney even is. Think of all the Netflix projects especially Bone being cancelled. I think of the corruption that Cartoon Network has an Ellen DeGeneres cartoon on it when that person frankly abused everyone working under her. I don't think I would ever market anything to any current company existing. I think people forget that animation is just a 100 year thing of current and really the future is bright and bold for those who can dream it.
I think the dream of having your show on Cartoon Network is as much of a trap and a nightmare as any. To aspire to do that is to be like Pendleton Ward who gets tired eventually and taps out or you show cancelled far too early. People aren't serious or rather knowledgeable of the hard reality to do anything that will make an impact. I conclude that its best to get to know to work yourself within limits to create your own dreams because you should never expect anyone to help you. That be the truth I am to say, especially learning this from college and trying to get into comics just even minorly-it does not work. You have to be the right person at the right time to even get any support I am to say. If you are to have friends to make an upstart animation studio work then fuck; some people are screwed when they don't have any friends and even the search for friends is quite pointless. Even trying to pay people can lead to nightmare especially when they aren't doing it for passion or a goal but money and cut corners and really don't take it seriously if not having you wait forever past which is normal for anyone expecting artwork. Its to be said that if you tried to make a kickstarter and sell your art online; some people just won't because they don't like you and that is as simple as it is. People on Kickstarter often try to get you to make a video about your project with your face in it but why would anyone want to make theirselves public when the internet culture is toxic? Especially giving the fact that they are minorities going to be targeted by alt-right closeted individuals aka the folks out on youtube who literally make shitty videos for a living. Its to be said however people find rapport with people they can see but yet if they don't like you-the gambit is wasted. You are going to let people decide whether your project succeeds or fails? This is to be said that people today give up far too easily. You must have a plan to succeed even when no one gives you anything on kickstarter as people will say ," if there is a will-there is a way".
Concluding on the manga ideal if not adding into it; most mangaka aka the people who work on manga(get the aka at the end of mangaka-it is something of a literature marvel) usually work alone with assistants and some just work purely alone. I think that they can value their work as it belongs to them and the efforts of their assistants. People of their society appreciate manga and even have manga schools and I find that amazing. Would Americans ever have comic schools? Eh, no-because they don't value them enough but this is the place of the highly grossing Marvel movies but really much no fuck is given to teach any comics methods and really much the market is unstainable for people to even be going into corporations that already exist. No, much enough comics are not sacred in America and nor is it apart of the cultural identity that the people who even make the comics even want to foster it even being a thought. They rather keep all the talent from reaching its potential and ultimately gatekeeping the industry to usually white men who grift off women and the occasional black or south/central American(after that shooting in Uvalde I will not use hispanic much anymore-I find that word pretty much demeaning of people's identities) people. I think that pretty much you live in a society where people try to make people of color characters still stereotypes or special because some one of color created it-it cannot just be a story that happens to have people of color. There is to be said that when I think of what happened with the CW with all these shows with people of color actors being cancelled and replaced with mostly white casts; its a damn shame and just faulty representation continues so people can watch a derivative show called Gotham Knights that waters down everything. I think a show is stupid when it goes backwards in time to the Smallvile era instead of going forward. They already had a solid teenage superhero show that was clearly underbudgeted but no; that one had too many people of color and only one white kid on it. So frankly pick Naomi over Gotham Knights! Would be the modern thing to do but I guess some people just got to make some shitty show where people aren't even in costumes and its going to take forever for them to get into them which is fucking stupid given the game the show is based off of. The characters are supposed to already be established and not starting from the ground up. I think much enough manga will always pick the Naomi over the Gotham Knights where people aren't even in costumes when that is what the property is supposed to be. Now; Naomi-that show was not perfect but at least the characters weren't so different from the comic book counterparts nor game counterparts! Its to be said that Americans and their way is stupid and frankly enlightenment comes from learning from other cultures. Would Gotham Knights under Square Enix be a show that literally wastes the marketing potential of promoting the game by being dissimilar? No, it would not! So much wasted opportunities is what Americans thrive behind. People behind the manga never waste an opportunity to get ahead if they can and really much if given the chance; these people will complete a story which comics often fails to even do.
I remember reading a Spider Qwen comic or was it called Ghost Spider and they left it at the worst part of the story. I mean; in the reality of Ghost Spider exists an evil version of Johnny and Sue Storm who ultimately murdered their mother and their mentor is Doctor Doom. Let me tell you that the whole reality of the story makes no sense when Reed Richards is younger than either Johnny and Sue Storm and Doctor Doom is older? I just am to say who even wrote this? You take some time out of your day to write some shit with your fancy means of your "Marvel way" style and create some of the most stupid shit that can come out of people who are literally paid to create. Are they are afraid of anything actually being " All New and All Different". Its to be said that the story ended stupidly with Ghost Spider being literally forced to retire to another world from threats from the Storm twins who also pretend to be heroes here but are murderers. Nothing ever got completed with that storyline! Instead of finishing this ideal-we never got any closure or any big battle between the Storm twins and Ghost Spider. This would never happen in manga and ultimately even in covid 19 again would never happen. Apparently the story was snubbed because this story happened in the time before covid 19 was registered. I think a person gots to tell you a 2nd time; how much this shows how crappy American resolve is and even skills to complete a story regardless of the circumstances. When I want inspiration to complete something I don't look to anyone who is American but people who complete stories and have good action scenes and often don't leave the audience hanging especially when they are serialized well; Ghost Spider just flopped at that ending and it was truly a waste because they truly are never going to go back to that story the same way to any form of good completion but a side note upon new ideas.
I am going to say that often online people are just stupid, naive and just don't know what it will ever take to create stories to any benefit regardless of who you are. Some people will never be able to work for any company creating anything and much enough people have been screwed over by comic and animation companies; its to be said that a person who realistically wants to create will always look out for their own and never let people tell them what they can do and how it can be done. The creativity you have within you is yours and not any company's or any onlooker or viewer! It is yours and you can wield to make your dreams come true. Its not the tools that matter-it is the person foremost in how they use the tools and really much internet culture itself is not being used well by modern artists. They waste so much and you waste so much giving your energies to a company that ardently will never make any of your cartoons reality; only if you are lucky and else everyone else can be fucked. I don't think people need to rely on such avid luck which can easily become a fuck when they decide to cancel your show and keep the rights to making it; mean that you can never ever create the show privately even if you wanted to. People should do like animals and do things to survive not to appease their petty subconscious or conscious of being good or not good enough. If a person can dream it; the exact way forward to reach their dreams-they are already good enough and even having a dream is a start.
Comments
Post a Comment