MK MZ; Punk Rock Saturdays.

   For the longest time since 2004 or whenever, I would only listen to the radio stations that would play the most Punk Rock. Local station 1041 krbe used to play those tunes and I would listen when they would briefly play on Saturdays. Really much gave a space in which I listen to music I actually liked.
I remember in 2004 and 2005. These were days were I created a lot of comic ideas and for the first time. Much, I work mainly on to become a writer with a work that would later become Slayers of Wolve. I loved the times on Saturdays were you could listen to a Blink 182 song and then later a Fallout Boy song. I really appreciated the music of the Killers, All American Rejects and Paramore
even though they are not all punk in any manner but Paramore might have been in the time period.
As the years went on, I got better at creating stories and so did the knowledge of where to listen to punk rock music. The biggest innovation of the 2000s was Pandora in 2007 and 2008. I would later listen to punk rock music and just abandoned all the R&B tunes a person would be forced to listen to by convention of that was all but around you. You pretty much find out one hit wonders aren't anything to invest in and kind of turn off from that music indeed when the others songs sound like crap. The thing about Punk rock music is that all the songs were unique and could be listened to. Yet, you could only listen to a certain artist at random.  I remember this was the real experimental period of Punk and Alternative Rock music. Metro Station played on the radio and you could enter that in Pandora and it would give Breathe Carolina and other groups that blended "technomusic" with alternative rock. You would get All Time Low and other groups.

   It would not be till later that I would ever invest to figure out what All Time Low was. That would be around the 2012 era. Where I was branching out into other music or looking at groups like All Time Low or Pierce the Veil. I say that good music influences good writing, I did much to both groups music but only had All Time Low on my mp3 player because a person did not always have access to the computer or internet and could not depend on the radio to conveniently play songs that they liked. No, the radio of 1041 krbe, just failed you if you looking for anything alternative or punk. I ended up listening to another station where I learned of My Chemical Romance by their "Sing" single. The station was called and still exist today, I think and is called Mix 96.5. Yet you can only count on it to probably play those techno-pop, edm inspired tracks with just general pop these days. Somewhat depressing with general pop but edm and techno pop where things that were obscure in 2011 and if they existed would not be played on the radio sure and sure.

Anyways over the years would continue to All Time Low, Blink 182(minus their most recent album which I really have not time to give a full listen and interested in other things), Paramore and Pierce the Veil. Though at one point Paramore stop being punk and that would be around 2013 exactly. I would always find myself in my room or a room in which I somewhat paid for with debt, listening to punk music. I generally say that it would take until 2015 for me to find out these pop punk acts like
Knuckle Puck, The Story so Far, Neck Deep and Real Friends. There were many more. But these bands were like a second wave and truly did revive the who punk rock scene. I don't know if you notice but whilst Blink 182's album is punk and maybe good, it is still not as with the characteristic of novelty that the new acts have. I don't feel like Neck Deep or Real Friends are pressured to dilute their punk rock sound. And maybe Blink 182 still does good punk rock music and advanced with Nine but really-these 2nd wave acts brought more life to the punk rock genre. Where like exactly, they were pop punk with new original takes on things. Literally after this time period, I listened to either the  All Time Low era bands or the Blink 182 band( I do not listen to anything but AFI which can be somewhat consider punk from the older 90s time period) or the 2nd generation bands. I don't know if anyone else calls them that and maybe to them they are first generation but really punk music has been a round for like 30 years now in which people actually listen to songs. I do believe that people try to put 80s hardcore bands in the spin of punk but that would be wrong because I don't listen to Motley Crue and don't define it as Punk and no else does least they are a weirdo trying to be old people. Anyways after 2015, have about 30 years worth of advancement to listen to( it actually would be about 25 years but who could actually know the age of Punk rock music and its off shoots).
Oh yea, one punk band I never listen to would be 5 Seconds of Summer, by their pop culture visage and play throughs in 2015 if not earlier on your local radio-they were not by definition punk rock anything but just people trying too hard to captivate an image. I mean they still continue today even when their pop culture fandom died out quiet literally. I don't see ET news or the local news pandering to their fan girls mentioning their concerts.

Pretty much today, I think there are more punk bands that do more experimental things like Grayscale, Boston Manor and Belmont. Transforming the style of the music to another level. While these bands probably came out the similar time as the other 2nd generation bands prior 2015 or later, I think that really much-they have a distinguished sound from the rest of the acts.   Knuckle Puck, The Story So Far, Neck Deep and Real friends as well push the sound to punk rock to different levels
and go places where Blink 182 cannot, not that Blink 182 should but the band that is Blink 182 is much a generation or two removed from these acts. It came out in the 1990s and they came out in anywhere from the later 2000s to the 2010s. I don't know when all the bands of what I consider 2nd generation actually started and don't consider their albums released on Spotify to be the indicator of their beginnings in truth but there is a great difference between the 2nd generation bands and the bands that came before them. All Time Low has a different topic range and style than Knuckle Puck and generally go in a route of using edm, techno elements and other things in their music which Knuckle Puck would never do. Much, they take the idea of punk music in two different directions, true and true. If I am to actually speak about generations, then there would be a 1990 generation then a 2008 one and then a 2015 one and then later a 2018 one. Why? Because great and different styles of music arise in each time period that people notice and are influenced by that are not identical to the previous. I do pose this question though about why these generations actually exist. Whilst punk rock has expanded into other things, Blink 182 which could be said to be one to popularize punk and pop punk does choose to ignore music like Real Friends being the future of the music scene they want to appeal to. Why does Blink 182 do this? They have their own distinctive style and if they are to pander to people they choose to pander to the group they have always done so and do so with an updated version of their original styles they have created over time with more pop and edm elements.
Much and much, you can say that one generation does exist because they choose to do things differently than another generation does. And whilst Blink 182 collaborates with everyone, you likely aside from that Neck Deep collaboration don't see them with anyone else of the 2015 bands because they add their style in with those they collaborate. Some bands in 2015 want to be distinctive from Blink 182 and its recognition of being a punk rock band by the mass media to make their own name and own style. Thus when people tend never to emulate exactly on one scale or another and preserve time distinctions, there must be different generations.

Literally, you have an abundance of "punk" rock bands with different styles to listen to and I say that punk saturdays for me won't end because I will continue listen to much of them besides 5 Seconds to Summer.

Comments

Popular Posts