MK MZ 1; Deadly Class #43 by Rick Remender.

O, I read the work called Deadly Class and really ya, the #43 story got me in the feels and just this one scene. I mean like it is much heartbreaking this whole panel is. If you don't know what Deadly Class is. It is a story about Marcus in his adventures in a school for kids of criminals. It was a SYFY show and they hyped the collection of the first issues with the promotion for the show. The show was good and had a good cast but it did not do well enough for SYFY. Literally. It was axed and they never reached vital parts of the story. This story has had much untimely deaths and really much the characters in the school for criminals get killed off time and time and they have sex often and on and do drugs. Really bad kids and teens. But literally, they get up in the feels in certain parts of the story and the loss of love subverts the teens into darker characters and particularly the classes of the school went out to a lodge to have a party, but nothing works right in them just having a time to party. I mean,they party, they have sex, do drugs and much and much. I mean, literally, they are bad teenagers. But much to the point, the character Marcus has had to fight for him to have his girlfriend and even rescued her from a cartel. Along these adventures, one or more characters died warping one character into darkness eventually more than what the children of criminals are. Which could be said to be anywhere from neutral to truly evil? I mean, literally at least they don't normal join a cult that comes to a lodge everyone is partying at and where one student killed his girlfriend out of fending off abuse and snapped; to kill everyone off. I mean, the students have a low adaptitude for right. But Marcus is the sane person who does not kill just for the sake of anything but just to survive and not be on the streets is he even at this school if that gives you anything. Okay, so literally, they were blacklisted from the school- Marcus and his girlfriend and somewhat then are allowed to come back. Marcus wants to live like a normal person and not try to kill or do hard drugs. But that is all his girlfriend Maria, I believe wants to do and she ends up hanging out with another dude. Push to shove and come to this part everything catches up to a point where Marcus is to find her cheating on him. Though previously he was trying to get at other girls just because of how cold his girlfriend had become.

I rush the explanation of the story and it might not make sense. But what is so convincing in this page is the facial remarks of Marcus when he realizes the girl he literally risked his life twice or many times is cheating on him and literally having sex with someone else in the warm nature that he believed only they would. You cannot see the first face but it is shock and then the 2nd face is outrage and then the 3rd face is grief and fear-you might even say repulsion.  What happens to Marcus? Maria notices him and realizes what "she has done" and he, Marcus runs away and yet comes across a past fellow student who blames him for the death of his girlfriend and then begins the attack by the cult. Maria and the guy she cheats on( I am sure his name), are ambushed after they are fixed up after sex in the middle of the woods by the cult members but Maria is abandoned by the guy and she alone kills everyone there. I mean that. She though thought the guy would have her back like Marcus did yet he does not and that's that. Anyways the issue ends in flames as the cult members set the lodge where the school members are at on fire.


The scene where Maria basically cheats on Marcus really communicates a real life situation. I myself have not found myself in a cheating relationship type thing but one can say they have experienced betrayal time and time again from people whom you think you can trust. You think you can talk to a girl and expect your roommate to not sleep with her. But at least they pretended nice whilst being oblivious to what harm they can cost people. I say that in real life if you walk in on your roommate sleeping with the girl you have an interest in, you would have the same three faces as Marcus. Shock, Anger and then fear and disbelief.  I mean, some people would basically and straight up do this shit two times and each time more impactful than before. Shitty schools and shitty people. But I say this page got me in my feels. It made me remember that circumstance of the past but twice over. Quiet literally. Excellent craft is in this page to make remember the exact feelings of two events. Just and just.

Comments

Popular Posts