Hotone


 This one, maybe the one you least expect to come out right does if you redraw it. When I redrew it I added more details but I didn't add enough details to break it down easily. What can be improved is the horns and how they are positioned. It makes it look like she has alien antennas. The greatest thing I can tell you is that literally the redrawing makes the detail better! What I think I can add even better with freckles but ultimately it doesn't turn out right to do that. Watercolor works better when you have small details I think but ultimately it ruins the paper integrity and I don't have time for all that. I actually use color pencils for most of the coloring that you see. 

The window was supposed to have a virtual reality TV thing in the background but I couldn't add more to it, icons, because ultimately it was too much. Too much to add. Basically if I could take some time to draw it over again 14 times, I probably would be able to figure out how to add all the detail in there but pretty much I didn't. This one doesn't have as much detail as it likely should have but the walls are supposed to look like scaffolding inside the ship. It's basically what the room is supposed to look like. The walls were supposed to be cobblestone or something. The carpet is green carpet or astroturf.


Now someone's saying that having red horns is too boring for a futuristic thing because it's so derivative. Why not make them black with red tips or something? That makes it too minimalistic. There it is just make it red with black tips or something and that's way much better. A fedora is supposed to be red and her jacket is supposed to be red and her pants are supposed to be black or blue or something like that. You know maybe you guys are not a futuristic color. I kind of looked at the color choices and ultimately some would say that ain't futuristic. I work within the constraints of what would work in a small space. Some of the colors didn't work out and I would have to do it over again to get it exactly right.This was a stressful thing that took all my skills to even do. Ultimately you can always draw it over digitally but I don't want to do that right now. For the fact that I'm and simply doing it the traditional way, well it's actually easier to do in a digital way in a sense that the colors are there. Whatever color you want you can put in there you I didn't get it but ultimately for me I just wanted to try it. Additionally this time if I did it digitally it would turn out exactly as I wanted it to and ultimately I didn't feel like doing that. I could use a different angle or something. I don't know, it just wasn't my favorite piece.

Anyway the improvement is basically to change colors and add details in the drawing and add details and the color. Ultimately only fill is not bad because it really needs to be the best so that the idea actually works. 

Comments

Popular Posts