An early 2014; How I ventured into comics after " dropping out" of college

 Really much my friends, me, the hero of this tale. I'm talking about a time I went to I went to college but let's go to the point where I have "dropped out of college." Pretty much I didn't actually ever drop out of college. Dropping out of college actually denotes that you never return to college and you never get a degree. I don't like to brag about this shit but a dude actually has two degrees. Just saying that in the context of this story though, not a real dropout, but for buzzwords on social media we're going to use this to get people in here.


Me, the person, has to tell you that ultimately has to tell you what? A great story. A great story of life, dignity, and pride when I, Jamie Hinty, basically left that college and started trying to make the comic dream true things all on a Facebook group called "Connecting comic book artists and writers," to which I tried to assemble a new company but realized that I could not lead the team when I didn't have the method that I was going to make the comics with to fulfill my dreams and their dreams and where my team basically was just still learning. Ultimately everything fell apart.


But ultimately the great thing is that you may meet a friend from Australia who may also contact this girl you used to like in high school and ultimately try to create something else with it and it still doesn't work as the same problem has been fixed. Ultimately at the end of the day it just becomes a real motivator to actually create the methods that will actually win the comics, my friends. I have come to you on this day, yes on this day, to tell you that I was not in a great place in that time period but better than what anyone can expect before going into this stuff that would happen.


Ultimately how does this time period start? Well it starts at a behest. I mean thinking about, I want to say, some girl's name called Katherine. Something particular about her. That I called her a friend. It just seems just like saying a lie that I don't know how much some people really don't like a dude. Snakes, pretenders, liars, cheats, stealers, creeps, motherfuckers, and much more people who don't belong in my world and should ultimately probably cease to not even have any importance in the real world. That's kind of funny. Read this, Katherine. Please. I can laugh at you. 

I feel as if many people won't understand what was happening. That summer was just me trying to make comics on a bigger scale and connecting with other people online to try to make comics. It was the time of the big dream. I saw many people who were not very relevant. Back then they became big names. Tyler Martin's Antagonists, the family who is kind of evil because of racism? That didn't even exist. He was working on an actual hero title back then. I often talk about the Spacepop one but that one did not come until a bit later, at the end of this time period.


Ultimately interacting with that group would change the scope of things that would become. Since this is a comic book site, I often, in comic book sites delving into my progress, I kind of don't want to talk about the beginning of it but ultimately this is kind of towards the beginning of it.


I've never posted my methods of how to create comics on there because people could steal it. You don't understand how egotistical and professional and childish the comic book spirit actually is and then ultimately you don't want to be bothered by a bunch of right supremacist Nazis who are harking down on you, a black person, creating comics at a certain period of time. You realize that's what the space just ultimately is and that there's no point in even fucking around with that space anymore with this optimism and hope and dreams that we can connect together and be something together.


The only thing I have realized humans can be in the end is racist or support white supremacy. That's all they can do. You must be aware of this for psychological reasons if you actually want a good result. Realize that even amongst people of color they all yearn for white supremacy in some way, in some shape and form. That is how brainwashed most people are. Why would I say this? Because of my experience in that time in that group, that Facebook group. It's just long before the old geezers would get it on there so it's way back in time where Buzzfeed was still a thing and I could dream about having a life with Alison, Miriam, Ash, Lauren, and more. If only things would work like that in the normal social sense but things would never work out in the normal social sense. You have to realize that a dude is dealing with the worst of society. The people you crush on are the worst of society. Just so you know and understand that. They are not, will never be good. 

Anyways you have to realize that there are many Marvel and DC industry specialists inside that thing. They all exist inside that thing. You don't know there are many people inside that thing. These people know me from long ago and yet do you think I can get a job at their place, in these places? The answer is no because you know what? These are the people who look at normal people and steal their fucking ideas and repackage them.


Well I'm gonna share with you that people triumphantly say that the Absolute DC thing isn't a new thing. No, people in that group for the longest time were trying to reinvent the DC and Marvel landscape. They've been saying the comics were too stale and boring and didn't appeal to them anymore. That has become lost in time for those who are not a part of it. Ultimately I have come to a great result to tell you that being a part of that group in that time period was not toxic. The time is very interesting.


I was a part of this other group called Ideas but that one was toxic and I eventually got banned for spam. Then I got banned for the badmouthing thing. The moderators thought they were like the kings of everything and if you didn't have a, let's say, wife-centric approach to things, they didn't like you. In that group I met the Australian dude who becomes important later on. I think that's the only way that we're going to have any sort of integration the thing is that, literally, the great point I'm trying to make is that these professionals from Marvel and DC stole these people's ideas, ultimately using that to eventually create the Absolute Marvel/Absolute DC imprint. Marvel just went back to the ultimate to compete with DC, doing this and/or stealing the people's ideas. They came out in the same period of time so there's no such thing as coincidences.


All these young, young 18-20-year-old somethings, Champion, Absolute Comics, Invincible, The Boys, and ultimately I find that very stupid and tedious when you have to realize these are children who never actually read real books. They have the Gen Z as the worst reading capacity amongst anyone, the lowest social training, meaning that they lack basic social skills. This is not me clowning on them at all; it's just the truth. Lower social skills, lower reading skills, so to them this is peak art. This is what adulthood should be. This is what heroical realism is. Ultimately that's kind of funny and sad at the same time to me but you wouldn't notice because these children basically were like 8 or 10 years old at that time. Wait actually, what's 2014? 12 years ago, it's actually 6. They were 6 years old in 2014 at least so ultimately these people couldn't have known shit about all this stuff but me, the 18-year-old at that time I have to tell you this is the most scumbaggy thing ever done. Ultimately it was kinda annoying, the fan response, but this led to me trying to use this as an angle and follow 2015 with the hero revamp thing I never actually completed but yet I will do that.


Now when I assemble these groups and teams, it's ultimately because I try to do freelancing and seem to assemble people from that but ultimately it just didn't work out. Why? For the aforementioned the method was not complete. I could not do it. I did not know how to make comics, still. This is often left out of the story I like to tell but I don't tell it because ultimately it just is its own little time period, a long time period.


Basically this is where all your friends are. This is the friendship you get. I would never have met the Australian if I was not on the Ideas Forum, however. This is not an advertisement for Facebook, by the way. 

Pretty much the 2014 group was made of the people from the group. I made another group and for a minute it seemed like we could do something but it just fizzled out because I didn't have the method so that's all it was. Basically I made a Space pop guy at the end of this time period. That was a waste of time because ultimately dude never actually made it into anything and is still not a comic. It only released somewhat and yet this dude just keeps changing the race and details of the characters so that no one can actually do anything with it. Is Corey Mickle and Sebas Rivera  who makes this comic. Corey Mickle does the script and Sebas Rivera does the art but ultimately it never worked because Corey Mickle sucks at getting out of the script. Pretty much it's like seeing someone's dream die over the years. It never gets to the point it's supposed to because of the education on how to actually make a comic that is actually feasible for a person to as a comic book artist or writer, I have no interest in, understandably, saying that I was only the social media manager for the page unpaid.


A long list of things is that: this time period ultimately concludes in the fall where I basically don't do a lot of things for people. Ultimately it's because I'm busy with school and the new methods so ultimately I can only do two things a day.


You know why I chose to do the methods? Because that was more valuable, bro, that was more valuable: the methods and going to school. Not actual money. That was really not worth it. It was just really small money. The only way I was able to get people to even, it was by charging so low that they had to go with me and ultimately that was a bad policy. It was just time to learn how to make comments and actually accomplish the plot instead of being on this side quest.


By default I stop using the forum and "The Optimism" during that time period where people would be like, "Oh yeah, yeah, we can"  is over and it just becomes a bunch of people hating on each other in their own efforts and people failing to come through, people scamming each other, a bunch of Kickstarters that are scams and ultimately holdings that are scams. People never actually gain their funds because they backed this dude who was on Netflix who made his own anime. The dude that has the dude that doesn't die, he can't die.

You know what's my least? I learned, the fewest examples of a black animated person, though, the one part black person who found out how to create their own TV show. He later would work on Yasuke for Netflix but ultimately that's because he has education. No one else has education. No one has the connection. She has no one who can travel to South Korea like he can and ultimately that is the epitome  of what can be done with education and what cannot be done without it there was this anime effort, Arms Masters, which still hasn't released anything and pretty much a bunch of people who were prominent in that time period just faded away. 

Later on try to make another group but this is only in 2015 and pretty much still not confident in the methods. Ultimately realize I still can't lead the team and ultimately because of that nothing begins. Imagine if I actually did come up with, if I could just, if I just had a one page comic and that's all you would do. The group would still be active but ultimately maybe that's for the best.


Truly because I do not like the woman. I do not like that woman who I liked in high school. I find them to be a creep and have white nationalist ties, which I would not want to work with such a person. It's the dude, it's the dude, Australian who reached out there but ultimately even he wouldn't want to be bothered with that shit. Definitely not him. 

The most crucial point comes when I make Cosmica, and yes I'm talking about the big one. That work that basically shows all the different works that Kaiomi offers isn't back when I didn't have everything finished but ultimately I realized it was the best thing to be doing. That literally was an easy solution: just use the software to put the text bubbles in there on the line drawing and call it a day. Get it scanned in at school and call it a day. That's ultimately what I should have done instead of trying to trace over it.


I do this before I had a drawing tablet so everything had to be drawn on paper, first on my paper and then on the other paper, which was a waste of time, I realized. I spent most of that summer doing the Cosmica, by the way, for things I could not control.


I find some great parallels to the DCKO and the work. Cosmica was supposed to be a fighting tournament. Basically that's what DCKO is. The only thing they didn't do this time is the Multiversal thing. What they did at the Multiversal is make it bigger, where Darkseid is proposing his contest across all the alternate worlds and all this stuff. Cosmica ends where the store ends, where Zino breaks through the wall where their records of all their TV shows are so the bad guys don't get the records in a TV show and all their weaknesses. That's literally the end and that's the end of the story because I'm too tired to figure out anything else.


It was actually supposed to be a big big thing I was inspired by Bleach's Final Arc and ultimately wanted to make a story like that but not as violent, not violent for kids. That's basically what Bleach is at the end, the ending of a fighting tournament, but what actually is a good storyline behind it? Not something stolen with duct tape behind it. I say inspired but not really utilizing the whole Bleach anything. There are no similarities, there's none, there's nothing. The only thing that is similar is the chair scene with all the bad people in the chairs but everyone does that, something ancient that every series ultimately does. Even that's not unique.


Ultimately I had so much fucking things were going on at the end of that time period and I decided to just close it off to try and publish the things so I could publish another version but I never actually got around to it. Ultimately this was just supposed to be one part, one part, just like the DC KO is one part of a bigger story to be concluded later. We got a build up to it. Maybe that's what I'm doing here but ultimately I really didn't like that. Not day, it's just too similar. Okay all their works and put all my work in there. You know basically basically you you know that all the series take place in the same continuity, in Cosmica at least. The alternates are actually the enemies.  for what I gotta tell you, my friends, is that, literally, there was supposed to be a blog component to it that never got published, which was supposed to be added into the book. I never got around to that part and so a great part of the work never actually existed. Wow I guess I gotta do that but anyways.


Posting on Cosmica got me some great views just at the same time I was on Tapas. TapTastic was like something I used to post on a lot back in the day but it surely just became for South Korean people, gay people, and the people who like to be second to these people. There's nothing wrong with being one of those groups of people but ultimately at the end of the day me,  Jamie, will not be. There's this dude called Atock, who ultimately was a star at the beginning of the process of the whole full time period but by 2015 he literally was in a bad state because whatever he was doing just wasn't working. People create all sorts of excuses but ultimately I know what my method does is to simply up the chance of people's lack of discipline. It actually gets the job done by understanding what people lack from gazing at all these people and seeing them post these posts and just fail. Okay? You know the reason that no one likes to buy anything from me is simply oh oh they really just don't like me. Ultimately most of the people who even watch this thing seem to be the woman from college who really didn't like me. They wanted to pretend that they liked me and ultimately there are not many people you can actually speak to who actually buy anything you you see at the end of the day the people are very judgmental. The children today are too pampered by this whole heroic realism to understand that not everyone wants to do that. Ultimately people have the right to make whatever they want and not be hassled about it online simply because it's not Jujutsu Kaisen or Da Boys or whatever the fuck that else thing is, invincible or Absolute Superman. It's so stupid at the end of the day that literally you have to resort to something else to actually do anything. The people on Reddit judge me so hard. You're not a professional. You're not the professional of our dream so why should we hire you? Well you don't have to be a white nationalist, bitch. You really don't. I don't want to be bossed by you and your ass in the first place. This thing's so stupid that clearly you're a white nationalist. The fuck would I actually teach a white nationalist? People just delude themselves that they know something that they really don't.


I actually have many works published that people can buy but yet nobody will buy them because they have a great prejudice against certain works these days. Ultimately I don't have the time out of my schedule for various different things, something that no one should actually have to do, and I just can't market these things.


Anyways I feel like whatever optimism there was in the past is all gone, replaced by a bunch of idiotic men children or women children who don't know the harsh reality that many of them will just fizzle out and they won't be comic book creators after a decade. They won't be anything. They don't understand what happened to A.T.O.K Nero. He was once the number one featured on Tap-tastic back in the day during that time period but ultimately he had millions of views. Why did he not become an artist? Because he didn't allow creating. He was more concerned with being a math teacher supporting his young family than actually being a comic book creator and he really couldn't find a way to actually make it work out. At the end of the day that's his fault.


Ultimately those people who wish there's a certain special way to become the person they want to be and they gotta have a certain teacher. Well I guess you should pay them. There are classes you can take online but it's going to take a lot of money. There are so many different courses you can take online from the professionals and what they mean to say is white people who ultimately draw on the style they like and ultimately they just don't understand that literally so and literally so much. They don't have the money to even be taught by those people and ultimately it's so funny to think that they have something over everyone else when they couldn't possibly have that. Unlike the humble people of the past, these people are so deluded that they think that they live in a reality where they have achieved their dreams and they can speak down to people. The only reason I speak down to them is because they speak down so heavenly and violently that they must be put in their place. Honestly you got nothing going for you.


It is here that I realize that there's no point in conversing with people online. Most of the comics I see on Twitter, this one page whatever's Meriwether and everyone else, are stupid fucking things I couldn't care less about. I don't know bro, why do I even? I want to make comics and just hire a bunch of other people to essentially do it for him and then kind of do a Vtuber thing, and ultimately it's good. A black person who cannot draw won't do all that but the point is to put an AI to make an anime for them. I think that they have done something.


I saw this thing with this clown woman called Mrs. Schiff from this Black Raider, I assume. Whatever. I believe it's a black person behind the story. The dude literally is using a bunch of AI shit to make this anime stuff and ultimately at the end of the day it just looks janky and unpolished. The character design's terrible. It would never actually be any real thing with that. No one is going to adapt an AI anything. In fact if you try to make an AI series, people can actually just use your art style. Not really copy the art style. Just take the characters, the plot, and don't have to attribute it because AI is basically recycled other people's stuff. Meaning that that dude will never win. You can't make any money off of that, sadly enough. In the long term other people will just use it and they will win. Somebody can just come along and make more money off of you, "with your stuff." You can't actually sue them because you don't own the ideas. Grayly the time ends basically when the whatever excitement I had from Cosmica in Fall 2015 died down. Ultimately it did not translate to mind games on tapas or anywhere else and it's pretty much because literally that group had turned to something vicious and whatever goodwill there was was gone. Whatever optimism was dead and pretty much a dude kinda needed that group in the first place because ultimately a dude never made any great money off of it. The end. 

Comments

Popular Posts