Efforts and Ties fall 2015 to spring 2016
The great thing about fall 2015 is how it revealed to me that doubting yourself is terrible. When lifting something heavy, you don't doubt yourself-it could be dangerous if you do and you can get alot of hurt by just doubting you can make it when you can. I mean, surely a person would only pick up something they could carry is the scenario I am speaking about. But when you are carrying something you can handle you just don't pitch it down. You could fall over and hurt yourself. When lifting something heavier than you can handle you get the help of other people. Though I am to say in creative works there are no other people. Everything has to be lifted by yourself and in this world unless you are doing it yourself-you aren't going to be good off even.
Those who you work with can always betray you and kick you out of your own franchise, sue you and other things. Does this mean not to work with people? No, it means in our world; creative efforts are in such dire straits that people cannot be tasked to work together well even under a company. I mean, would you look at Roosterteeth? Do they pay their employees for all the crunch time? The answer would be absolutely not. I even have worked with people who have betrayed you in a moments instance. People who don't respect your work and dismiss your efforts which did actually help you. A person who contacted you for a comic but was not willing to pay industry rates or any great sum of money. I am to say that you cannot count on people to raise you up in somethings and even in basic things that you maybe expect of readers of your blog. You cannot get people to do anything of buying your materials.
The focus in fall 2015 was not to get people to buy my comics ( as I only actually had two that would be sold) but to learn to create them better. I am to say that I realize that doubting myself and what I was trying to do was just bad. But its so hard in this world when and where academica and arts are treated as opposites and one person cannot be taken seriously if they ever endear to learn in the arts. I mean it; college is built to make people hate art and think that you cannot learn anything behind it because the art colleges are a joke. How are people not even taught to create comics in this era where every one person can create their own content online? Its just to keep the monopoly that is DC comics and Marvel comics. If everyone knew how to make a comic or more people knew; do you think that there would be problems with Marvel and DC comics hoarding all the comic jobs and capital for theirselves? This is to say that we exist in an era where people are trying to learn comics but won't learn any good ways to create in the limited time they have to create. Webtoons, Tapas and more just contribute today to a monopoly rather than people starting their own ventures so really those 3rd parties just capitalize on a want than actually help people gain capital. They make people their capital and just try to mandate which ones are top earners for them and which one are the low earners. There is to be a saying; its a bitch for your dreams to be ranked as some lesser endeavor than others by a company that is using people to make money and tries to interject negative energy onto your work. How many people use tapas and webtoons to not realize that they will never win using their platforms?
I will say the real focus in the world that is of now is never to be making money off of things but proving against a callous world that you can create through anything and boy oh, boy that is what I have done. Ever been in a restrictive place that tries to take away the legitimacy of people creating? Having some quack trying to tell you in their own way that art is just bad and cannot make money? Having groupthink abundancy (everyone having the same thoughts about stuff they don't know)? And just discrimination on that front and the race front as well despite being a place that wants to embrace diversity? I am to say that you should realize that Houston has alot of tent camps under highway bridges and roads because people of color namely black people have been kicked out of their communities by richer people buying their neighbors houses and just not giving a fuck about people who existed there forever. Some people want to yell that "communism" and "critical race theory" are taking away their freedoms? Ha, get real-try the universities, comic book companies, third party comic book platform and just society in general when it comes to artists having freedom to create or just being able to have their own comic book company. These are the places that try to make people mere items and not people and dismiss people's real life goals of having creative freedom which in America is guaranteed under freedom of speech. I mean if people who tried to rip down the United States of America can have a rally outside the capitol just yesterday on Saturday-why cannot people create comics for a fucking living or even be taken serious when they want to experiment with the medium. For all the fake hubris of smarts; a society is pretty dumb when people cannot make a series of sequential images even at the top rungs of society. Yes; I will say that people want to make art this criminal act in higher education and ergo so many other places will as well because higher education must be the rule of the land. It must be the rule of the land with all various different companies and even comic book companies and 3rd party comic book companies.
You think anyone can be successful at comics when its viewed as a sin? That is marx of education and the spirit of it? I am to say that comics are completely the opposite of this stupid mother fucking idea every piece of shit in education seems to have( not all people in education are pieces of shit but they have other goals and will always be oblivious to anything of detriment to comics). I am to say that when you embrace that comics aren't a sin to do as people force down your throat and that they aren't things for kids and to put aside; suddenly after fall 2015 a difference appears. Where your grades are higher because you learn how to do comics in the mix of your school work.
I begun to not doubt myself in spring 2016 and carried the heavy item that was comics and oh, I could carry it I realized. Instead of pitching it down; I made the effort to believe and have faith in myself and not doubt myself. Quiet clearly one great problem I had in the past was always doubting myself and the worth of my ideas to actually reach goals of mine but now I look back and realize that I have nothing to doubt and nor does anyone else. You just have to not listen to tons of bullshit that is the equivalence of Republicans degrading black people to be lesser individuals so that you think you are a lesser and have to do certain things to even a person. I think that when schools make people feel like this; they have already failed society. Only teaching certain things to raise people like cattle and not like men. Everyone has needs. Everyone has dreams and when a system refuses them and the uniquesness of people and their full potential; these systems have to be replaced with better things. One should never think creative freedom is out of reach. Creative freedom is always there in the reach of people, I learned myself in a hard way that it is something as simple as believing in yourself. So folks, I am to say there is no right way to do things in comics but to believe in yourself foremost and the rest will follow. The same thing could be said of other efforts as well. You have to believe you can reach the right information and the right way of doing things to make your goals become reality.
Comments
Post a Comment