No more of that.
I really never talked about the real underlying things that need to be said. The whole methods of me simply are ones where you don't have time to think about things or even really be so imposed with the work. Many people are so connected to their work deeply that somewhat in some ways it can be a burden. They over fixate on how things should be and appreciate one clear narrative. But I would say not everything comes that easily ever at all for people. You have to write things down sometimes, do different methods of things and never stay to the ideologies of people who literally will never give you a job.
I am to say that in comics in America, Marvel and DC comics are likely not to be the best places to learn anything about comics in actually doing it as the person who you likely are. Both are questionable organizations. Marvel is run by Republicans, DC comics has a diversity problem( they hardly have any people of color titles), they treat their past employees bad in general through their history, and really try to assume there is a holy grail to making comics. There is no such thing and really much they only benefit from having many interchangeable hands and artists and talent to dispose of. Ultimately, you aren't going to learn jackshit from those people but get a door in your face to break your nose when you were just trying to learn comics and make it your living! I got to say that making comics has been an adventure but no a person was treated like absolute dogshit. I have been through too fucking much to let any dumb group of people just walk all over me. That being said; I have no means of extending the courtesy to Marvel, DC, this school, that school, the korean comic places and whoever else-that they are right when they are wrong. I argue that there is no one wrong way to make comics but there is when people are treated like shit and no one gets any fair treatment really.
I look at the facebook groups today around comics and realize these people don't have any respect for those they work with, the writers and the artists and especially the artists. None of these people actually give a fuck about people doing well and being successful and just want to "use" people and that is such a shame. I bring this up because really; there is only bad treatment for anyone who goes to any support group online or company. People only get trauma instead of dealing with these places. I imagine that even if I started my own venture, that people would get trauma instead of their dreams being accomplished. That is if I followed the same petty structure as everyone else. I believe that people should make their own methods of doing things as in comics and stay away from the conventional scripted route. From a business standpoint, not having to hire writers would be a savings of money and more focus could be given to making stories organically.
I all bring this up because my ways of creating comics are not conventional, no. There are no scripts-those are a waste of time and just endear you commit to one path that may not even work later on. Much of my work is built to be adjusted at every angle but really a person did not have a good time just creating. No, these methods were forged in fire. Often in late nights and between school and the things that take away from creativity. Really much the whole attack on me in fall 2016 just kept me in a state where a person constantly was continuing works but in a mindset of truly only be able to think about the task at hand, the enemies, the traitors and just the pieces of shit in society that put me in this state. Openly, I give you the hard truth;a person has not been able to enjoy many of their works but continue to do them and not really take the time to enjoy them. One could never be so driven in these works or they would truly run out of stream and everythingw as about pacing. Pretty much a person would do works over and over again about three different times and more for some series to get to the closest "feel" of what they should be. This is to be said a person just feels the trauma of all different groups, companies and people just out against them greatly depriving them of satisfaction doing their work foremost and once you even recover a bit-you can never see any profits.
I on this day, shed however the remnants of whatever pressure one feels to continue after being very injured, very betrayed and almost taken out of the picture. When I work for now on, it will be as if I was never hounded and never have to continue with people at my tail and people at my back trying to bulldoze my efforts. I will like the summer 2016 truly be able to get into my works as they were once gotten into but also realizing how to not be so attached. How to hover over and just let things flow. Everything I have made since fall 2016 and even before maybe was just built to outrun the people hounding me and against me. But now, it will be for self enjoyment again and not to best the people out against me or to mull their plans. This does not mean that I will forget the things people have done but will be able to do things much quicker now.
I realize a person would be in the strategic bend to not let images and inspiration go to waste and always having to do this for five years because of a nature of enemies and people prying on a condition they caused but now a person can focus on making the best and not preserving ideas which never had to be preserved before fall 2016.
Last Summer re-working the first comic I ever made in fall 2013 to start the journey in which I still embark on; the comic journey, I realized that just planning it all out first with the boxes was much better than just being forced to draw the things because of a grave injury and strove to really heal myself from said injury. I think now is the appropriate time to just recenter everything and then move forward better and stronger. This means; better work and moving away from the way of how things were done in the past. Simply running away and defending against those attacking you or trying to harm your creativity.
Comments
Post a Comment