Do not go onto the facebook group; Connecting Comic Book Writers and Artists

      Connecting Comic Book Artists and Writers/ now Writers and Artists is a problematic group. The people who are there are trapped in the past. The styles that you commonly see on the internet today just don't exist to these people. The main thing is that these days its just filled to the brim with old sexist and racist men who really for the heck of it just want to complete the goals of being "Marvel or DC comics from the past 2.0". It is very comical how this group has just devolved into ass kissing for one group of people who have an affixation with some feigned golden era of comics that never actual was a golden era at all. Like hmm, and you wonder why they are racist and sexist. Things cannot stay the same forever but this is what that group would like. They have the audacity everyone dare have the same goals as them which is pretty much what a racist and sexist group of people would ultimately do.

    I am to say that constantly in time the place has become hostility to people who are genuine people. That is they don't have these goals that just don't work anymore. I am to say that no one is ultimately going to buy a book that is basically promoting racism, sexism and backward thinking. Those things are best left into the past but don't tell these old people who think that they when they start these kickstarters and get some money that their ideas aren't going to flourish. I mean, how many of these people across the years since 2014 have ultimately just been ones to take money given for the project for theirselves and really have a hard time delivering things to those who requested them and supported them? I am to say that this whole group is a trap for bad behavior. When was the last time anyone posted anything that could be remotely of the 21st century mannerism that people outright did not attack and insult? The fact of the matter is the moderators have bent to these assholes and will remove you if you speak about against people living in the past, who are racist and sexist and ultimately seek to deface your work. 

     This group is ultimately a groupthink that promotes these ideas of work not belonging to the creators but to those who come to use it for their different projects as if to say that people did not come about their skillsets theirselves and they just belong to the people whom they are offering the service. The group has treated artists like shit and really much censors certain people who don't along with the racists and sexist in that place. Recently, I tried to post a post but they did not allow me in. Because I was not in their conventional landscape of thinking. Alas, I think people show know about this group on Facebook that has many surplus members who really don't use Facebook anymore. I mean, after 2018, people in general just stopped using Facebook really much or whenever it was revealed they were selling your data. I mean what a shit show, anyways this group once allowed people of all types and all ideas to post but only allows one group of people to post. They come from an uber pretentious mindset. I tried to post my service that I could turn people's lined paper drawings into artwork. How did they respond? "No one does this in comics because we say so-so you are a scammer". I think enough that this group has gone long enough without some reality thrown in its face. I think to say that  a group of people don't control what goes on in comics and how people make them. There are many artists and many on Tapas who make art using lined paper. Rather they trace it over as I used to do at one point or another. The thing is that the group is so trapped in the past and its censorship behavior is just terrible. Everything it does with a minority or a woman is performative. As long as they match their style or their greedy mentality of being an overbearing writer asking people to help them with an IP ownership of  5%; no one could give a damn to these people and their ideas and style of art.

     This group is the most disgusting tripe that you can find on facebook. It did not always used to be but around 2016 it just to devolve into the alt right shit fest it is today.  You iniately would not know its alt right but just if you knew the history behind the people who comment there, you would recognize that its not a good place to be. I argue that facebook is not the best place to launch any business. Its kinda lost its spirit to be said just to become another dull, boring, corrupt and immoral organization. But surely folks if into comics, avoid this group. You only will get a group think mentality that is unhelpful to your future success and namely will not be able to succeed if you are not a 30+ year old white man really or have a certain archaic style and stupid enough to allow people to take your works for their own. I think I might write more works on this group on Facebook because people need to know what a shitshow this thing is and that if it is marked on a map, you should avoid it. In short, you as the artist get the short end of the stick and you as a nice writer get mocked by the predatory folk. Its really not that great of a productive place.

Comments

Popular Posts