A New Type of Cyberpunk.

 

A New type of Cyberpunk.

    Now, the objective of MK MZODERN in August 2016 and really much until this date is to find some new means of growth for the Cyberpunk genre. Have completely original ideas and a substance. That Cyberpunk 2077 game that came out last year that everyone dunked on basically provided really no new ideas. Really much went overboard in my opinion with the body customizations, cybernetic implants and the cyborg natured stuff. Just went overboard in my opinion but people can make what they want and so I will make what I want. After a long time I have determined what new and original idea there can be behind cyberpunk in terms of a genre.

    Cyberpunk is not futuristic exactly but let's say it is a more "profoundly things gone wrong future". It is a dystopian future. Not an idealistic one where there are great things than today but thinks that have gone wrong in terms of tech, politics, corporations and more elements. I mean things can even be posed to look good but in reality are bad.  The Giver is an example of dystopian future but yet; it is not cyberpunk yet. No, for a work to be cyberpunk people have to be actively fighting back against the system and using things in an unconventional way. If you see the movie called Elysium with Matt Damon where a type of external armor is fused to the main character-he uses this external armor to his advantage to take down the corporate oppressors in his story. Openly, we are to notice that something must be utilized that is unconventional or even poses a risk to the main character for a work to be a cyberpunk story.

   In my childhood favorite, Supernaturalists-the group Supernaturalists use tech to cull "life sucking" parasites that originally was not supposed to be used to cull the parasites at all. They also just used a bunch of tech in "original ways" hidden away in their secretive base. 

    The notion of cyberpunk is ultimately the world is wrong in its advancement; people are fighting back in unconventional ways and the unconventional ways usually lead to some climax or some decision in the story. If you were to ask me what Cyberpunk 2077 is, I would say that it is a cyberpunk story but probably with too much overt emphasis on implants and weapontry.  I have not played the full game but literally in most cyberpunk works there is some type of tech that dims the other tech. In Supernaturalist it was a battery powered by the parasites that a corporation was using( there is more to the story). In Johnny Mnemonic, it was the head file downloader in which a person carrying a file in  certain implant in their brain could get the file out.  I think that Cyberpunk 2077 lacks a feature that is the crux of its story albeit these many augmentations don't fit that mode well.  Let's just say that  good stories literally have some type of feature of a higher tech that progresses the story or serves to better it. Blade Runner 2049 of course has the different versions of the replicants-which in the movie at least three types are featured and each type introduced furthers the story.  That in mind; I am to say that there is some type of advancement of sorts in the new original cyberpunk let's say sub-genre I created. Surely; yea it will not be conventional but truly is something original I think.

     Whilst I will not reveal the idea I have in mind; surely will begin to work on an idea that is unique and different than anything featured before in the genre. A new type of cyberpunk.

Comments

Popular Posts