The start in summary of the graphics and main problems that begun everything.
Design Communications. Fridays.
Digital Illustration. Monday and Wednesday.
August last week.
Monday
This day was a rainy day. I go into the classroom that is Digital Illustration and realize the woman teaching the class is the most scam artist sounding person I have ever heard in person. Just trying too hard and kudos the class was not even be that great. I alone learned everything to succeed in the class whilst the teacher just expected people to have a grip on illustrator off the bat but one did not. It took me so time of the class and time in the period after the Friday class to learn illustrator. I would sit next to this person who would be called Jennifer, they would be nice at first but over time they evolved into an enemy indeed. We had to make these different shapes but hell this was too much on the first day. There was no going over the program or anything but just listening to this one doltish teacher command you. I am to say that no learns like that. It just makes the free will and the real smarts of people at fault instead of recognizing they have such things.
Later went to the government class and it was desolate very much. There were few people in there and we gave introductions after the teacher talked about himself for much of the class and that was it. The class was boring. The one woman around my age did not seem like that nice of a person. The old lady seemed to be somewhat civil and the rest of the class where just twenty something white men.
Wednesday
The next day; I and this other dude around my age struggled with the shape assignment whilst everyone in the teacher's entourage had already gotten the assignment done because they already had taken classes where they had to use illustrator. They thought of theirselves as superiors when all they had was just some campy teacher pet association clique from previous classes and this classes alone was just expecting too much of people who never experienced the program. It is to say this other dude did not take time as me to learn the program and yes did not pass the class or rather this clique was so unhelpful to this dude and just any new learner they ostracized him and made it so that they were the center of everything. Its fucked up when this fifty year old woman is trying to put down a dude just because he is simply a teenager and they aren't accustomed to the behavior. But that put down was to come later. The teacher just said for people to work on the assignment later if they did not finish but I did not have access to the program so I continued working on the project until it was time for the government class. I realized the realities of this class but I would play it cool and ride under the sonar of these entitled people and just look at the opportunities to work on learning the program and surely that is what I would do. The teacher would later say, " Look at (my name) he improved so much over the semester". I just played with this cliche rather I did not do anything to draw attention to myself and stayed away from these people than out right challenge them and their privileged views. I mostly hung with the stragglers of the class and people who did get along with the cliche but weren't top performers.
This day I went to the class and this day we went over the syllabus , yes folks, it took two class periods for some reason to introduce everyone and go over the syllabus but I really did not care. I was out of my mind really much in that time from what happened earlier. I just wanted this hard effort to be over. It was just much enough showing up for this class cause unlike the graphic design stuff I did not care about it.
Friday
Friday, was so optimistic going to class that it was going to be good. It was dismal and boring and underwhelming. Had the scam artist sounding lady again. There was at least one attractive girl in that class but low and behold this person just let theirselves go later on. I am to say that maybe a person could have employed a better fashion sense during the whole fucking Portfolio Show later on than looking like some forty year old nurse with a very bad pattern collared shirt. Like hmm, this person was surely more stylish in the past but pardon me on this day I sat on the other side of the class where I would usually sit in morning classes for like the rest of the time I had classes in spring and fall 2016. The teacher spent the whole damned day going over the syllabus and that was that. There was one other black dude in the class a real rarity for what was to be later; me being the only black person in the class and a person who was not a Candace Owens. I mean; I was the only black male in the illustrator class and there was only one black girl but she was just in the poisonous clique. After class, I used the time therein to learn the illustrator program. I later left to eat my lunch and saw this tall teacher passing and just really did not like the lunch I brought realizing this whole effort was pointless without the credits for the graphic design degree but I would get them, indeed.
Comments
Post a Comment