A review of Marvel's What If.

    I watched the Marvel's What If and quite clearly some of those things are just badly written especially the whole mega bad being Ultron getting the infinity stones. I have read comics from Marvel from the longest time and many what if stories. Some are written well enough to really add onto things and make an entire title about like the Spider Gwen series. Some are good ideas but less polished. Some are just terrible excuses for some low level RWBY tier writer to write about shit they don't understand and maligned, brutalize and murder characters pointlessly. The Marvel's What Ifs is kinda a combination of these three level of quality in its show matching well the comic its based off of though it has another quality. If I am to say RWBY tier writting is an insult it is. It means the story literally makes no fucking sense for the characters to even be doing what they be doing. Ugh, I think its to say as along time Marvel fan the last two episodes of the show were terrible. I mean the whole premise just strengthens the argument of " you leave out all the celestial and god characters out!" Rather that the MCU universe is broken. I think of this What if series incomplete.

     The things is the last two episodes are problematic because Ultron would have never been able to conquer the earth even if the Avengers failed. Also I like to say nuclear codes don't work on digital technology; are you crazy? It was just too much a power jump for something clearly incapable of that power level. I mean; this never happened in the comics and even if it did-it would never get as far as it did in the What If series. To make matters worse that the Infinity War and Endgame saga cut out a bunch of celestial characters, did not have the X-Men and a bunch of vital characters. That is to be said; the Infinity War and Endgame saga were good works in the aspect there was not too much character overload but let me say one thing in being the last two what if episodes try to do too much to justify the lacking qualities of the MCU universe. Erm that they literally don't have the full scale of the Marvel universe and just run with it to the next movie.

    Urgh, I know they are just saving up to introduce the Celestials but yea, the story in the What Ifs don't literally make much sense when Ultron is too over powered and just basically a big plot hole. Let us consider the fact of what happened in the finale. If you have not seen it; you might not want to read further as spoilers will be contained. Oh, the finale was where a "What if Ultron won?" but literally this finale was more of," What if Ultron was like overpowered to a weak version of the Marvel Universe?" It suffered from terrible writing and direction like come on here.  Ultron basically just goes around destroying worlds for no purpose and the Celestials basically do nothing or do they even exist in the writing. In the writing; it says basically in the Watcher's words that Ultron kills everyone and is "alone". I think that it means the Celestials don't exist. But isn't there a movie coming up to use them? I am just to think that many people out of undying devotion to the MCU do not point out a critical plothole. Where were the Celestials, Eternals and if not the Inhumans when this was all going down? It think that the people who wrote the finale where thinking something ambitions but they just made the perfect low grade What If story. Ones that are ultimately forgotten however the mass public does not know the true nature of the Marvel Universe and things everything tracks because they have no experience with the actual Marvel Universe. I am to say fuck; the ending is okay in some manners. The last episode is basically somewhat good but it could have been written better to make the fight more even between Ultron and the Guardians of the Multiverse. But the premise of the last two episodes just make it a bad story. I think that one can say that some things can still be epic and with dire consequences but the stakes really made no sense.

    I think that the story was trying to hard and really does not have a great experience with alternative dimensions and stuff like that. You really think this robot in a synthetic humanoid body made by Tony Stark a human could actually go toe to toe with a literal celestial being? The work has problems. It gets away with too much because the Marvel Universe is not that well defined. Heck they don't even have an X-men team or mutants. I am to tell you that if the Avengers could not defeat an enemy; the Fantastic Four and others like the mutants would. I am to say that the Watcher would not even have gotten as far as the infinity stones realistically. He only gets them because the tv show puts too much unrealistic and non cannon magic behind what ifs. How probable would it even be that  Ultron would actually win against Thanos. The magic is just to overpower Ultron just to show the audience something the writer really cannot take the time or make time or sense to deliver the accurate means of getting that idea across without going over board.

    People went over board with the idea. It literally makes no sense that Ultron is powerful enough to destroy an entire galaxy and also would not Ego have come to Earth before Thanos and realize what happened and just destroy the planet then and there? I mean come on. This stuff is just so poorly written. It makes no sense that Ego would not also warn other parties and even Thanos himself to attack the Earth. But literally just push the idea you want instead of actually writing it. I think the ending is the most hamfisted thing I have ever seen. The Ultron episode was hard to watch. It was. That is to say that it tries to apply an idea that seems good but does not work for the content and its lacking universal features found in the main. Let us just say that it tries so hard to make a convincing story but only makes a large plothole once Earth is left and basically these complex alien societies can be gotten by Earth technology and junk. I mean where was the TVA during all of this. They could have just transported Ultron to the place and the stones would not have worked. Problem solved really much. Its just that when you go to watch that Celestials movie/ Eternals movie you should realize something; the Eternals did not appear to stop Ultron. The whole Kree empire should have poured in fire on Ultron but no they were missing and only Captain Marvel was there. So much for an alternate universe. The Celestials did not appear and reset things. Where the fuck was Galactus?  I think they could have done something else more zany and it would have worked. Maybe Ultron survived after the movie and he built himself a planet of Ultrons. That would have been a better What if story than the shit that made no fucking sense.  Literally if Thanos was so easy to kill why did not the Vision do it? There were stakes that could have been set.

    I can say that you would have been able to see that the Guardians of the Multiverse would have been able to do more action wise had it been just them saving another universe. I mean why make all these tons of destructive choices to all these places that are so random and never will be seen and don't offer for any future good story telling? I mean people don't in good stories just make a bunch of terrible endpoints to start other stories cause you know what Marvel likes to do after a fucking while; make stories off endpoints in other stories. I am just to say that you cannot what if a multiverse. You just cannot. You don't get a second chance but all what the writers did is not take the subject seriously.

    Jeez, I am to say the ending was just like a parody and something that could never stand alone to be a real thing at all. It just was not serious. The level of world building was just to push this parody as if it was real but likely the only parts that felt really well written were the alternate Thor, alternate Starlord and Captain Carter. The other Doctor Strange carried the team too much really. It was enjoyable to see the people from the alternate worlds working together and stuff but really much a deep fan of things can only appreciate things on the surface level that an attempt was made. I mean let me say this; this stuff is way better and legions ahead that then shit that was Agents of Shield but the project could have used a better ending and writing to that ending and certain other plots in the stories.

Comments

Popular Posts