Listened to this song when working on a W.I.T.C.H live action mockup which took an whole Friday. At the very beginning of the semester. I later listened to the previous album because this was before the advent of the album releasing.
Asking Alexandria-September 21,2017
The next song that is an Asking Alexandria song is something that I liked because of its storytelling. Very much there are three videos to the story but this I believe is the music video that begins it all. Very motivational song for me at the time being stuck in all those graphic design classes I did not like especially the one at school with alot of minorities which was just misinformation on drugs and an egotrip for the teacher. No one learned anything there. But alas; this song inspired me forward indeed.
MGMT- October 17, 2017 Little Dark Age.
I have long been a fan of MGMT since 2012 I believe. Yet they had not put a good album in forever. I mean I don't like their experimentation albums at all. They suck. This album as well would suck and I only really liked three songs off this album but I was hyped that it would be another album like Oracular Spectualar. Listened throughout this time period though I was found of one of the later singles. Me and Micheal was the only one I actually liked.
ASKING ALEXANDRIA - Where Did It Go?
October 25, 2017
I did not like this song as much as the other but it was grand in its composition.
Empire of the Sun- On Our Way Home
Nov 9, 2017
I remember I watched this music video on the same day I watched the 2nd season of Blood Blockade Battlefront, a now obscure anime that has not gained as much popularity as some of its contemporaries.
This was an interesting story in the music video and I also liked the song but I never listened to the album so I don't know if I like any other songs off that album it comes from if any.
ZHU - Generationwhy Watched at the beginning of November.
Originally released on October 20, 2016.
This video I watched a year after it came out. It was all because of a recommendation I got after looking up some other similar artists that I even learned of ZHU who would be an artist I would listen to their album in the coming time periods. Their music reminds me of an electronic Sade and Dido. I don't think many people under 25 even know what a Sade or Dido are but they were artists popular in the 90s for having a distinct sounding music style.
Zhu, Nero-Dreams watched around the early November 2nd week.
This was a surprise continuation of Nero also with the newly discovered Zhu. Nero has not come out with an album in many years in fact they only have three ones out and only two that you would actually want to listen to. In this time period; they mostly just produce one off singles aka this song and the one they did for Ninja under the Astralwerks label in winter 2018. The video is actual disturbing so I have to show another version here as you cannot watch this video off of youtube as it has a restricted audience. This video just has the music. Vital music to the style of art I was trying to create at the time with the previous Zhu song.
Owl City; All My Friends November 16, 2017
Owl City has to be my favorite artist since 2009. They had not put out music for a while or two years since Mobile Orchestra. That album was okay but it was kinda of lacking in the amazement element. This song was not my favorite but it catches on and carries a sentiment that does not get old. Who does not want friends or a close group of friends. This single was not representative of what type of songs you would find on this album. No, the songs on this album are very well fit with instrumentals and composed well the instrumentals fit with electronic elements that no one else can do. Its worth noting that the creator of Owl City basically took off to work on a orchestra movie soundtrack type project and used that experience in this album. I have many favorites off the album that would come in 2018 including Cinematic which is the name of the album. At the time it was just nice to have a new Owl City song.
HAIM-Want You Back
2nd week of December weekend though it came out in June 2017; I did not see it at that time.
This was the best song of them all. These women walking through the street in Los Angeles or some Californian place with power! The song was just good and displayed with it the type of atmosphere you thought the song would go with. I did later listen to their then album. It was good and all the songs seemed to fit into same type of atmosphere. I don't think however this is the first time I listened to a Haim song. I think I listened to one unconscious in summer 2014 and in spring 2015 during some spotify lists and generated playlists.
Comments
Post a Comment