Riding the wave of oppression on a surf board, won't knock out.

Expressly what I have been doing for a long time ever since highschool is riding a long wave of oppression. There is no post in society that says,"its okay to do your craft and you receive compensation". No, there is none. People get better compensation posing nude and doing the tenants of instagram and social media more than people will ever get paid to actually doing something in honesty and of a honest practice.I always been riding the wave of oppression and never knocking out. People literally tried to push me over in fall 2016, however, even then I would not wipe out. I rode the wave for a long time. I have had to change things just to keep up with the pace of the wave and similarly anyone who wants to succeed as an artist has to do just that. There are no excuses to this rule least you just want to be fake and sell your worst as the limited best you can be. There are no excuses to this least you can cash in on image and racial image too! Make a living piece by piece and show that all you can do is create one piece of art and complain how hard it is to make that art when in reality and from my experience, its generally not. Not ever hard in regards to doing something that is not supported by people in general. Larger projects and large ideas and things that are just not about "color". These are the things that don't get hype on the internet at all.

But I will say this site(publication) is more about riding the wave and coming out victorious than attempting a wiping out. There has to be something within you that says you won't give up and I have done and gone through many ventures to grow my craft over the years and no decisions were never easy. I have been in a place where I had to decide whether to continue at a college knowing it would not be beneficial to learn anything or gain any credits that looked any good for any job existing in the field I picked. One had to consider that by the end of education, would you be able to pay off debts owed, I reasoned that I would not be and frankly all the smiling faces did not care about that. Just pretended as if it was all good and dandy and they would be in the same place and yet not care. However, what I decided was that it was better to drop out of that college and go to a community college. Why? Because I would truly learn actual skills or least be in classes where I could be around the software too. If you ask me what actually happened because of that decision, I practically ended up with a associates degree and was able to continue education later on at another four year college. Though it was only because I made the effort and rather I only learned from my self effort. The advantage of the community college was the ability to self learn and be able to get credits behind topics that mattered to an actual job. At the previous place, doors where closed to self learn or even take any sum of classes to get an skills to get a job in a profession to a certain level. Essentially I made a hard but beneficial choice that not only allowed for self improvement but better health and that of mental health too if not allowed me to get a degree I would never had gotten if I stuck with the four year thing straight and through.

Art is pretty much not straight and through and if art can be straight and through without much effort or thought, then you aren't doing it right is what I have learned. You could make all the colored images in the world and do whatever anyone else is doing but it would not do anything for you if the works did not mean anything. And yet for any or much artists I see online, all they can care of is this one picture niche and trying to make the most money out of it. Yet really is it hard to create one image? The answer of it is no. It is not hard to create one image and just do it for the money.But yet a person robs theirselves of the opportunity to solve problems and even reach goals that are of their inner self and pursuits. A person robs theirselves of a future career by panning to everyone's wants and wishes. There comes a point where you waste your utility and time and you cannot easy make up that utility when you cast yourself a one piece painter or drawer with "them mental issues". Your utility could be said to be something in which is your purpose and your skill which adds into the world. Often else said if you simply never push yourself you will never ever know what you can do but cheat yourself out of your potential or your true worth. A person's true worth is not making money off these small pieces of art for low prices. No. People don't generally have the same dream that confines the same product and over again. No, people aren't that simple. And if people say all they want to do is just draw these one piece works then they are lying. Simply people will never admit that they aren't ever learning anything or improving much at all by sticking to one corner but they will say they are.

I have to tell you I have ridden the wave and seen many things and looking back on it all, it seems to me it was long time. In fact, 7 years is a long time to be out on a journey to accomplish a goal but in my perceptive-the time was so much longer. It was several series of events. Some tolerable and some where not but notably no matter the years that passed there was one thing I could count on-my resolve. The same resolve that lead me to leave that college I was at first. The resolve to pursue comics despite no one else doing it or being supportive of it. I will tell you, there were times I never mentioned my ideas to the public but that changed over time; the same resolve granted that I eventually came to promote my ideas whether they could succeed or not. The same resolve lead me to continue comics over many waves. Many daring feats in which I not only held on the waves but developed new methods to do comics over hardship. People could come at me with a murderous sum of unempathy and I would not knock out. I would not quit. I would not give up or in. I would ride and ride. Even as the wave grows higher, I am sure I will pull off gnarly tricks that look good but take alot of it and that is what I pride myself in. The ability to ride the wave of oppression and make something out of it that truly does belittle it.

Comments

Popular Posts