Drawing while black on Twitter comes at a strange time

When I wrote of art and the concept of color yesterday(link), I basically said that just coloring a one subject picture and making political correct comics seemed the way to go if you wanted to do nothing and convey an utterly dubious way of living. A life where you think you are either at your peak to make excuses and alternatively just support a system that does not encourage people of color as comic book artists or creators. More specifically, I said that politically correct individuals don't promote any real black people to ever be involved in the comic book market or promote better working conditions from comics at all. Today at midday strangely, a night after I wrote the post- drawing while black becomes a trend on Twitter. Is it a coincidence or not? Or a response to what I wrote? One cannot help but think after writing such a post on a similar topic to "Drawing while black" and the tag "Drawing while black "becomes popular, that your post was the inspiration behind the topic. While it might seem so, there is no inherent proof but the sum of cause and effect! If your work basically spoke of sentiments later found in the tag, would it not be inspired by your work. Could someone random connected to the " drawing while black" account gazed upon your work and decide to post or did they just decide to make the tag popular on the similar day after the post was posted? And yet, the posts happen to only be connected by indenience? Who knows of yet but find this interesting that " drawing while black" became popular after my topic that might convey such themes and meanings.

Comments

Popular Posts