Ah, forgotten Rohini controversy at SGA.

Rohini Sethi, I think I believe I remember when this individual came on her facebook and said "forget black lives matter more like all lives matter." This was around when Black Lives Matter did not have its later meaning of emphasis upon George Floyd's death but was still this lower importance notion than it would be in 2020. Its to be noted that this is the time before Trump was elected in July before the 9th as when on the 9th the student government would sanction Sethi for her remarks. Its to be said this occurred after a said incident where black individuals were murdered that sparked the whole 2016 Black Lives Matter movement. There is to be  great emphasis on the fact of the matter that at the time I could not even speak of this matter as it would bring great targets on my back and really stayed silent about the matter. Would it surprise you if I said that I knew this individual called Sethi and really much saw them everyday  for a time in fall 2013? I have indeed an unique insight into who this person truly is. I do and will speak on this because I know nothing more can get even worse for me than it already was in fall 2016 but honestly it goes to say that at the University of Houston; black people are treated like invisible people.

I mean really much aren't welcomed there and really much as the school revels in diversity-it is everyone but black people who can be apart of that diversity but looked upon as trash or some secondary class. I mean; if you watched my clip earlier this week-why the fuck did anyone take a video mocking black people? This is the real culture of this region.  There is this unspoken word of hatred and second class grouping that is not spoken often about but is the reality of such a place. Openly this is from a Washington Post article of the time period.

“As of today, African American students do not feel welcome, comfortable, represented, valued or even acknowledged at the University of Houston,” according to 100 Collegiate Men, an organization for black students. “Students at the University of Houston want to feel adequately represented. They do not feel that this is being accomplished as long as Rohini Sethi is in office.”-Washington Post.

  You can ask me did a Washington Post actually get involved into this matter? Yes, they did because the Student Government Association  is somewhat a pretty large deal in the whole world and hierachy of the University of Houston. To be its just some made up big deal that one did not really care about but to everyone and especially to black people which no black people were members of the organization to the degree of pictures I could find; for Sethi to write this was a big deal. This organization is an example to what the University stands for in actuality and is a practice government so to speak.It would be bad if the government was to be racist in a place that is marketed as diverse!  I think that enough; the outrage that resonated online was such an effect that it got people to call for the removal of Sethi for the organization and her to be removed from her roles for a certain time period of 50 days starting that August 1st and her to go to the Libra project for diversity training. Its to be said RemoveRohini trended on twitter for days and days and really much likely three weeks from my memory. I think to tell you, alot of black people were furious at this. The treatment they experienced and continue to do so at this place was kinda of on the walls but not apparent. This vocal form of antiblack aggression by an actual school entity and not by students and teachers was just the final straw for many people who were just aggressed upon everyday. This is the school where some southeast asian girl could rip out a paper out of your hand thinking you were dirty or unclean because you were black. This is the school that so called cherishes black football players but really loathes anyone else or someone who is not a republican leaning privileged academic. So greatly; people just revolted against the notion of further oppression and really it was not just the black students against this statement-this message reached a sum of 43,000 students. It became a large cultural event in 2016 in the Houston area akin to the rise of Pokemon Go. Ah, remember when that game was new and cool.

The whole deal bubbled with statements from the good people of the student government wishing to do good for all the people of the student body who felt this statement was a betrayal. Ultimately anything and everything was just panned by Renu Khator who I will safely assure you is no ally to black people but some person from India who actually only advanced in America because they were higher up on the caste system and really much that being said surely carries the worst traits of her culture even the possibly skin lighting aspects and the colorism aspects indeed where you hate the darkest people. She just appears to tolerate black people and will take a picture with them even when giving no grand cares about them. I think to say the person just ultimately just pretends to be someone they want to be recieved as so they can be accepted by current western society. Let me tell you; people have known to kiss up to this lady but it will never help them when they are caught in fandom instead of their studies and in fact refuses to even help them. Some people think a meeting with her will change their probationary status but no; she will not abide even if her allowance of such fandom and its toxic ideals let people go to this length of failure. Its to be said that nothing came of this advent and Sethi was allowed to keep going on the council and really Khator said something along the lines, " we cannnot hinder free speech as we as a college have the duty to allow different voices and conversation to occur". Its to be said if a black person said, " fuck white people" and if they would be on the student council things would have been different indeed. I mean essentially what Sethi said was ," fuck black people in their time of need in a place they very well aren't treated well".

I can say that of all the black people I knew on my dorm floor and just elsewhere on campus I only know of two who actually stayed at the school to even graduate. These people would ultimately be those who fit well into the whole white western landscape and had these diverse friends just as some uppity white person would be invited to have diverse friends in this diverse environment but damn well know these people weren't their real friends. Its to be said those who truly were so entitled to have such friends and just not be shielded or have that privilege of being shielded from the racism on campus stayed there longer and did not drop out. Its to be said that " people just did not feel welcomed" where have I heard that before. Oh, the Washington Post article.  I am to tell you that things are never so cut and dry in reality and that people might be lying to theirselves at first that they are welcomed in the "diversity" of the place but as always black people are only needed so everyone else has structure to not fight amongst theirselves but always foster that black people are the problem aka some united enemy. Eventually people realize this united enemy front mentality coupled with racist aggressions from peers and faculty members and really much just realize its all not worth it to even stay in school when they recieve such treatment or stay at that school. It creeps in and is not apparent. Give it a semester or two depending on who you socialize with and it will eventually come for you unless you have friends who keep you from being attacked in any mannerism at all in the racist sort. People who make you become a "safe black person" where ever other black people are demonized as illicit gangsters and people who aren't diverse and just people who simply must be hated.

Its to be said this dynamic was always in play from the start aka in fall 2013. What if I told you Rohini Sethi had black friends and mostly at the start hung out with black people? Even later joining a sorority with black people in it? What if I told you some of these black people demonized other black people and made such hate reachable as a social good? What if I told you these people gave into an "united enemy front". Saying that they weren't ghetto or whatever to appease the ears so they could be accepted into a peer group which I know realize was largely anti-black despite the level of black people in the fringes of it. Rather the black people were the entertainment of the group and really much not even merited much real importance as other members who weren't. Rohini Sethi was just a user of black people who wanted to be in with non-black peers of a sort. The kind that treats people like literal trash. The kind that has no respect for friends but clamors animosity upon black people just existing. The kind that wants to take advantage of needs of friendship if not romantics of black people for their own advantages. They are nothing different from what Renu Khator is when she used diversity as the main promotional get for students to come to a school but really will just dole out a statement that condones and accepts anti-black aggressions as duty and justice. Its to be said Rohini Sethi learned this behavior from peers and if not the highest faculty and solemnly this college campus does not mean shit in diversity. Especially when its very hard for any black people to even go about day to day life there if not be accepted as people with ambitions there own and not being treated as a public menace as which is the point of Black lives Matter tries to illustrate but falls upon deaf and unyielding ears. Simply if people actually wanted Rohini to be lifted; Khator has to be lifted.

Now, where was I when all this stuff was happening? I have to say this reveals so much about what I never say on this blog because a person does not want to go off topic but this is what the blog should be I realized and back then I was afarid for my own safety so I never said shit especially when I knew this person. I missed a great opportunity to say anything but like so many people a person was trapped in the scammy and yet innate and seperate magical allure of the place and never would say anything thinking they had been somewhat in the wrong. No, no matter the time that passes a person was in the right so many times but there would never be any true ally in the world with you; which is why I am to say what this campus does is so grevious that really its no up to some person in the media to say what is right and what is wrong and condone the grave wrongs of people who must hide even when they clearly are fucking invisible no matter where they go. I used to think that a person could go back to a place and experience the college experience but no this campus was trash and is corrupt; nothing there holds any real merit but unless you are a racist things work wonders for you and everything falls into place just like it did with so many of those racist couples and people like Rohini. Its not a place for dreamers but just for people who grift, deny and pile people to be something they aren't so they can get more money. They demonize like Ted Cruz demonizes hispanics to get them shot by supremacists and massive school shooters just so they can make money and that's fucking disgusting. Gross, that black people used as mere medium and materials for profit especially football players. Diversity, my ass. I am to say that I really missed the opportunity then to expose this but a person was lost in the dreams of could bes and never would bes. But I realize I never got to have any say on this matter as I was lining my cards and considering my best options about going about things. Yet, I will not be silenced and I have much more to say. This is only ever the tip of the iceberg.

Comments

Popular Posts