Donkey Kong Barrel Game.

A long time ago, I played a game basically on Candystand.com which featured some of the Donkey Kong characters only in its titles and transition scenes and maybe end credits. It was basically about pushing a barrel or controlling a barrel across surfaces to reach Donkey Kong. This was the closest game I got to a videogame and well it was hard and I eventually did reach the ending and kinda of played it before every other game on Fridays and Saturdays to a point. Made in a time in which the game kinda had two sponsors, Nintendo and the Lifesavers candy I think they were promoting a banana flavor. I never liked those lifesavers but the game was okay. I mean I even saved the game on one of the computers in which I played on, the html and all and it would play without an internet connection so that was my go to game when the internet was out. To an extent it was sad you played as barrel and that was it but it was 3-d and so yea, you got a kick out of it and where thankful for being able to play the game. I say the game probably stopped being broadcasted on the Candystand site through at least two defined periods and then was brought back at least two times or they featured the fact of such. I think 2005 and 2008 were the times it was brought back but I really don't know for sure and my memory is not that reliable on anything else that can prove these events happened at these times but that is what I get vague memory of these events happening in. This game by being related to a Nintendo game is greatly recorded by maybe dedicated fans or just being a Nintendo game in some sort of third party fashion. The game was not made by Nintendo but a company called Sky Technologies which is now called Sky Interactive. Anyways a whole page is dedicated to the game itself and features its game play. ( LINK)
I mean I am not the only one happy to see the game. Yet this person just found it an oddity of a past time and never actually played it as a kid to be clear that I am not relating their experience strictly to mine.


Comments

Popular Posts