Runecasters+ Thieves. Cyberpunk? Yes.
Now lets have a real listen and talk. Are any of the Kyeombi stories and later stories Cyberpunk? Well of course they are. You see one of my favorite stories and one of the novel books I read in my life was a book called the Supernaturalist. It is a cyberpunk book obviously but I had to research that to even know. But I was appalled by this strange culture as what the book was. But to me that book reminds me just of what the Kyeombi spirit is. Conventional and original tales. Mixes the hopes of the future with realism is simply all of what cyberpunk is. No, the future will not be bright and that is what I believe. Because of all of sudden a dark world like this one is going to turn the corner and become this bright place? No, and even if so-there would likely be a dark meaning behind it and would actually be worse in a bad direction.
Yes but despite all knowledge people seem to think just anything can be cyberpunk. Throughout Supernaturalist many old things are given new meanings including the base in which the heroes stay at. However unlike most stories that seem to try to embed the same shit over and over; with robots and crap and all these other stereotypical elements-there was none of these service pieces. Just the utility of the realm of cyberpunk. Which can be said to be anything but what much stories these days considered cyberpunk are.
Its quite sad when people just think it is cyberpunk just because it has one of these service pieces within it but a work can only truly be cyberpunk and not science fiction~ when it has a story to go along with and recognizable characters. If people cannot guess the cyberpunk theme from your picture then its not it. Unless you actually make a story to market the image as cyberpunk then its not it! Unless the characters ultimately have a cyberpunk story- it is not a cyberpunk story but an image inspired by cyberpunk and might as well be just science fiction. Why does the main character of Blade Runner constitute as main character in which everyone will know who he is and what genre the story is in? Maybe because he exists in a cyberpunk story.
Its quiet simple and yes for my story I wanted to reinvent and yet keep a same the elements in Runecasters. For what and for how? Many people are under the impression that cyberpunk stories all have to have the same location to typically work. They do not have to have the same setting at all. Even a story that takes part in a desert or on the moon or the space above Earth( Supernaturalist at one point) can work as a said cyberpunk story. But simply I wanted to reinvent it to change the norms of what many people think a cyberpunk story is. I will tell you that I researched to provide this story yet Thieves with the proper materials. I did suffer to get them but it is ultimately a winning conquest in which I have updated the norms of what is in the story to the actualities of reality. Or a time in which people are switching more than ever to online environments. To show that people are not nice nor clean when dealing with their favorite phones and videogames and really much of the advancements today all just have a negative meaning. How you can find all these once sacred places of communities by phone and litter in them and then look meanly at a local. How you can just fuck all these strangers you never knew. I have added this all to the story but much to say would say to seem to add the element of scene and feeling to the work to actually give many characters in some lines of work that feeling they lack. The inner feeling that they are alive that is. In my work of research not only are the elements of the world give updates but so are the impacts on people's behavior and yes the advancement of the human race. Runecasters and Thieves however are actually dark works and while I tried to limit the level of darkness when I first wrote Runecasters. I have written it in research to be more darker and true to its true ideas. Thieves was meant to be moderate but still has dark ideas much more to Runecasters even though I originally did not think so because of the time period it was written in.
But these stories have been treated with care. But also my work seems to explain and examine why a song like Find you by Zedd featuring Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant is not cyberpunk but Into the Night by Nero is.

Comments
Post a Comment