Week 14
Holidays.
**Day 105: A Well-Deserved Break**
Dear Diary,
The semester’s over, and we’re finally taking a breath. Everyone’s still buzzing from the realization that our projects are going to be turned into full series thanks to the fundraising. Even with all the chaos ahead, there’s this shared sense of accomplishment among the group.
Blake is heading home for a few days, but before he left, he sketched some designs for future magical worlds in “Rogue Casters.” He joked, “Can’t shut off the creativity even if I tried.” Josh and Lilly are planning to spend the holidays together, officially as a couple now, and it’s adorable how happy they make each other.
Spy, as usual, was already texting Tigra about “Mason Trails” updates, even though Axel explicitly told us to take a break. Sasha, on the other hand, has been trying to organize some kind of holiday get-together for everyone. She’s the glue keeping us all from collapsing into workaholics.
---
**Day 106: Planning the Celebration**
Dear Diary,
Sasha roped Nadia and me into helping her plan a holiday party. She said, “This team needs to relax, or we’re not going to survive next semester.” She’s not wrong.
Trevor showed up mid-planning session with hot chocolate and convinced us to make it a theme party. Nathan, ever the planner, volunteered to handle logistics like food and decorations. Nadia and I smiled at each other, knowing that his steady presence would make everything easier.
Josh and Lilly are bringing their favorite board games, and Spy promised to create a playlist, though I’m a little scared of what that might entail.
---
**Day 107: Decorating and Laughing**
Dear Diary,
We spent the day decorating Sasha’s place for the party, and it was chaos in the best way. Blake brought these ridiculous fairy lights shaped like spellbooks, and Spy kept trying to hang them in the most impractical places. Trevor found mistletoe and wouldn’t stop dangling it over people’s heads, much to Ruby’s annoyance.
Nathan quietly worked in the background, making sure everything looked perfect, while Lilly and Josh organized snacks. Nadia and I sat on the couch for a while, watching everyone work, and I realized just how much this team feels like a family.
---
**Day 108: The Party**
Dear Diary,
The holiday party was a hit! We laughed, played games, and for once, didn’t talk about deadlines or storyboards.
Spy and Ruby ended up in an intense competition over a trivia game, while Sasha and Blake debated the best fantasy novels of the decade. Trevor, of course, started a karaoke session that ended with the whole group singing a terrible rendition of “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
Nadia and I stuck together most of the night, sharing quiet conversations and stolen moments of calm. At one point, Nathan found us and handed us mugs of cider, saying, “You two deserve to enjoy this.”
---
**Day 109: Sharing the News**
Dear Diary,
I told the team about the pregnancy today. Nadia wanted to keep it quiet for a while longer, but we agreed that our little family within the group deserved to know.
Everyone was supportive—Josh and Lilly immediately started brainstorming ways to help, and Sasha hugged me so tightly I thought I might cry. Spy, surprisingly, got a little emotional and muttered something about how “family is what keeps people strong.”
Trevor, true to form, made a joke about babysitting duties, while Nathan simply smiled and said, “We’ll all be here for you.”
---
**Day 110: A Heart-to-Heart with Sasha**
Dear Diary,
Sasha and I had a long talk today. She asked how I was holding up, and I told her everything—about the pregnancy, the one-week relationship pact with Nathan, Trevor, and Nadia, and my fears about balancing it all.
She listened without interrupting, and when I finished, she said, “Moane, you’ve got more strength than you realize. And you’ve got us. You’re not doing this alone.” It’s exactly what I needed to hear.
---
**Day 111: Christmas Eve Dinner**
Dear Diary,
The whole crew came together for Christmas Eve dinner, and it was perfect. Blake made a toast about how proud he is of all of us, and even Spy got sentimental, saying, “We’re making something bigger than ourselves.”
Nadia and I exchanged knowing smiles, grateful for the support we have in this group. Josh and Lilly spent most of the night wrapped up in their own little world, while Sasha kept everyone entertained with her quick wit. Trevor and Nathan took turns cracking jokes and making sure everyone had enough food.
---
**Day 112: Christmas Day**
Dear Diary,
Christmas was quiet but meaningful. Trevor stopped by in the morning with gifts for everyone—a mix of practical things (art supplies for Blake, a new sketchbook for me) and silly ones (a tiny “World’s Best Leader” trophy for Spy).
Nathan brought me a book about animation techniques, saying, “I thought it might inspire you.” Nadia gave me a charm bracelet with tiny symbols representing each of our projects, and I teared up when I saw it.
As I sit here tonight, surrounded by love and laughter, I can’t help but feel hopeful. We’ve been through so much, and there’s still so much ahead, but with this team, I know we’ll make it.
Here’s to a future full of stories, success, and family.
Comments
Post a Comment