A day 1 a day 2

   Truly, going into that October, what did I think about. The first day of that month; a Saturday. It was basically a heart break of what was already heart broken. I had a certain routine back then. One that I cannot disclose but one of the elements of then apart of the revival project I had started that August was to look at music videos and try to complete what should be the inspiration for a core set of works I was working on. These works were more images than comics. That they were. Maybe the Mm culture focus of organizing comics into magazines was apart of this structure as an "organizational feature" but really much there were few original comics. Very much I found comfort in this hidden safe space. No one could harm me from the context of a music video and no one logically would when no one of these music videos would.

     On that day I spent time working on Grothermen. I really am to say that it was just a day in which one was full of spite and hatred towards people who just do evil because no one holds them accountable. A person would be thinking and have to take a moment of pause from the Grothermen. I think that a person would be nice to note that whilst they could have utilized the Grothermen to depose those who had wronged them; it was best that they did not as the work desired and needed a better quality of treatment. 

   I often did not draw on the computer did. Felt betrayed by its premise and realized I could do better on paper. Why did everything have to be digital when it was extensive and for my uses and my focus, a waste of time. I think I should tell you that people can be entitled to their beliefs as long as they aren't hurting others but yet I find it childish that people assume digital art is of a higher quality when its not.  I think that in art; quality goes with intent, purpose and the work that went into it.  You can see that some people just have the intent of appealing to the senses of pop culture and internet trends,  just do a really "okay effort" just to get some small recognition and some coppers poured on them. Would this work be made out of love or passion or any real effort that requires you to really live as an artist and stick your neck out to truly create something that might not be liked by everyone? It would not be made of anything but the need and the interest for money. I realized a moment that art is not about pleasing people who are ignorant about art and lord knows whatever else. But damn; I was just done using that costly for time device and tablet. It was not getting me close to my goals. It was getting me away from my goals. Much of my works and good ones at that were constrained in lined paper. What if I could bring years of these efforts to life. What if I could catalog all my works but without the lines in the future.

    This was an idea and this was an idea I decided to ponder about more. I just continued on in the advent of watching music videos and playing the drawing game of Grothermen. Ultimately; I really did appreciate my own effort and cared not if it would be regarded in the future or not because of course if you did find out such a method to remove the lines-and some more; you really have an edge in comics, graphic dessign and much else because every artist does not have access to paper clean of lines nor deems it be necessary lines be absent for them to draw.

    The thing I hated about that time was that I pondered how I was going to skip church the next day because really being around a bunch of clueless folks to a many sort of things and people who ultimately always have to be dragged screaming into politics and screaming into anything of intellectual merit is not my pass time or how I would want to spend my time. Thus, I would say the eagerly religious are people I loathe. They would look to anything but logic and theirselves to why thinks just don't work out as how they want to it or how they say. I think that somewhat a person should not be running a church under a set of rules if they cannot follow it as well. Such to be said, a person did skip a church sometimes and sometimes they were dragged to be tortured and it would be a waste of time that would wipe Sunday off as a productive day. Oh, when you got home, you would have to fight sleep.. Truly fighting sleep is the worst thing to go through, it as if you are fighting your own dreams and I say that a person got tired of that. Somehow I continued drawing Grothermen that day and finished the effort and took pictures of it for my new effort of making something more out of the drawings on lined paper.

Comments

Popular Posts