January 2023

Years 1200-1300,Life 1

Nico
I wake up, finally waking up.
I am alive now.
This place is something I can feel,
I feel real. The world is real.
The war is real.
The love is real.
She is there.
I taste her underwear and she tastes mine,
what a fabulous good time.
We settle down, never doing anymore than
solving our children's diseases and mallies!
But at last, a figment from the war returns and we
are done, goners at last. I am cold, she is tearful-
I do not want to go back.

Nicole
Life is wild, I'm stepping through it
in style. The war is wild, I dedicate my life to the
war and someone comes, some one special, my person.
My husband, my lover-first friend then boyfriend then the
previous, to be devious our lives together are not a-grievous.
We live, we learn, we want, we get happiness but one thing takes it
all away, all away and I'm here left to get old and gray.
But at least I get to see my children stay and their selves get gray.
I'm ready to pay for seeing a reality not mine.

Comments

Popular Posts