a DLC called Midwether Academy; Elements and Teachers
I find it funny that in RWBY which at its start is supposed to be an academy but they literally only explore two fucking classes in the whole series and the infamous beehive advent where Jaune is made to be the hero when Pyrrah would have more than been capable to beat the ass of the bullies. I mean there are only two teachers and they are forgettable really much. Glynda could be considered the third teacher I guess in the fighting section and she makes more sense to spend time on because the fighting scenes of the kids learning to fight actual makes cognant sense with the rest of the story. The two dudes spelling out information that could have been learned by more illustrative means; literally have no purpose but to play into an illusion of a full campus. I mean; do we even know all the classes everyone takes? No, we don't and we don't see the entire day in a flash by scene like many shows can do in one episode. I mean if you ever watch Harry Potter; they show the different classes each freaking movie and they make a convincing case the main character is in school. Ergo a large problem with RWBY no one wants to mention is that Beacon Academy sucks and it basically only has three fucking teachers and everything else is liminal space.
The rest of anything vital to the school is but a background and in fact the background of the school that you see in the show basically is all the school is. You really don't get a feel for the real climate of the school when they show so little. You really only interact with the RWBY crew, the JNPR crew and minorly the only outside inference is Hardin bullying rabbit girl Velvet. Its laughable that really much the show is empty at the start of any meaningful importance or depth to its background. All we know about Beacon is that it is a school basically and really is just generic albeit futuristic. Compared to Harry Potter we get to see so many people from the school and so many aspects of the school. They have a sport and Harry Potter participates in the sport. There are many characters who are in the different classes and they interact like people and not background characters. There are even secret classes. A focus is even put in the second movie that the new teacher is a fake. Such depth is lacking in the whole RWBY education scene. Like what do people of the show RWBY even do for fun? They have no fucking sports? Nothing to do but kill grim all day? The elements lacking in the school of Beacon especially the teachers makes it all just feel like a liminal space; a freaking background just for team RWBY. Like can I say I don't want to follow in the same path when creating an "academy". No, we got to have filled out characters for students and teachers and just include things that add to make the academy like a real place and not a background place.
Originally I did not include teachers or the power system in the outline of Midwether Academy. I did not. I focused on the story first but then I considered how empty the title was of an Academy and so I added the teachers and a power system taught at the school to make it feel real and be a place worthwhile noting. You could say I added a DLC called Midwether Academy; Elements and Teachers.
Comments
Post a Comment