Read a ton of Manga and here is a list.
I read a ton of manga recently and here are some thoughts on the works I have recently read and if you should read them as well.
Older Elite Knight Is Cute Only In Front Of Me
I like sometimes these manga titles that have these long names like an early Fallout Boy song. This title would not be one of those titles and really much the whole long naming stuff has quickly gotten old. I am to say that I like the story and what it is about and the name is very direct. It already tells you what the story is about. This dude who is a pleb knight/beginner's knight has fallen in love with an older elite knight who is a woman. So let's say this story is about a young dude falling in love with an older woman in his profession and yet she is not that much older.
I guess the story is somewhat okay but rather is alot of slice of life that I really don't care for. Maybe enough I really don't care about some dude liking an older woman as the premise of the story. The story can be fun but it would not be in my idealisms the first work I would even chose to read but something after other works.
SHIKABANE-GATANA
Another Zombie Thriller. Yes, that is it. In a world that has Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Blue Exorcist, Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen and more works about people hunting beasts, demons, giants who eat people and other creatures this work just fails to even register to be original. Its just that zombies are over done and whilst this tried to give an interesting story to them; I just did not like the characters and really much the story was just not that great. If anything it lacked a real originality and if not is severely outdated in comparison to the works that are today. It seems like a very generation 1 title. The work was cancelled after 17 chapters cause really it was very basic and generic. I did not even read the whole thing though I intended to but yet it was not really my cup of tea.
Call of the Night
I have to say this work is interesting and stuff yet it gets kinda of serious towards the end of the work. Its better than Dagashi Kashi; the previous work of the mangaka but we still have the same crazy girl and sane boy dynamic. I just really like the work and the lengths of nightly and daily themes. There is also an interesting take on vampires in this series but also it has an anime which I likely won't watch until later if at all. I just have not been watching anime for a while now.
D.Gray Man
This work had an anime and then a continuing anime and then it just dropped off the face of the earth. Let me say that if god was a woman they would make this work because that is how good the artwork is. I think enough that the artwork is good and more detailed than any other manga I have seen besides Berserk which I have not actually read much but have seen the art. The story is very confusing and you would not get it just coming into the story at the latest chapter. Often find myself rereading things when the chapters come out because you cannot understand the story otherwise as people have a tendency to forget things over time. Because of the level of detail, the author's health and possible other factors; there are only 3 or 4 chapters released in a year. I am to say its better than nothing.
I keep on reading the work just to see the story continue and yes the story is kinda in an odd position where you have not seen many of the main characters for years at this point because that is how deep and complex the work actually is.
Lust Geass Did not have time to read but it was on my list.
Naraku no Futari
This work kinda started weird with the main character telling this girl to off herself by jumping out of the window because he joined in bullying instead of supporting a person being bullied in their classroom. The girl later asks him to be her boyfriend and yea; that is the story in a nutshell if not the ensuing drama and the girl learning she was wrong. The story also is about the girl trying to make up for what she did as well as the both of the boy and girl discovering what effect they had on each other in the past. Sadly this work was axed meaning that it was straight up cancelled. The story I believe ended on chapter 28 officially by the author has continued it to the 29th. Its odd for a mangaka to continue a story to another chapter after it has been cancelled and even to continue it with monetary support from fans. If a person did not spend $180 dollars on Onlyfans surely they would give this author the money to continue their works. I think that the work was cancelled because people hated the idea that school most likely in reality is like this. It did not sell alot and never reached an english serialization. Like damn; I think that in Japan were suicide is common amongst the youth-there has to be some reason for it and this work explored that. Find and support the author at twitter @goro_emi and support future chapters.
Don't Blush, Sekime-San!
This is another slice of life work that also gives me the great giggles. Features basically two shy people who become boyfriend and girlfriend and yes them being awkward gives for some great funny situations. This is a slice of life work that fills me with interest. I like to think of this story as a kind of escapist one. Imagine if your highschool life was ever that kind or that kind of promising. I am to tell you folks that a person never had a chance to even engage with people of any similar tendencies to really connect with them. No going over to their house to meet their siblings or family. No one to study with and no one to dream with. In my highschool experience there was nothing like that at all. I greatly am to say that a person does realize some people meet their one in highschool but I just like to think of this work in the mindset of acceptance that people do meet their person in highschool. I rather not live through the characters but think that in an ideal world this is what I could have had. I as well don't get angry at the work for depicting this way of life I never had. I think that its just a nice work entirely and has nice comedy to it too.
PLEASE GO HOME, AKUTSU-SAN!
Please go home, Akutsu-San is like a good work. I actually like this slice of life because it is not boring. The characters are interesting and really much you can have some laughs in this work. Its like a slice of life but it also has direction and does not become boring. Again, the characters are interesting; the story revolves around a dude who has his own apartment/house to himself and basically this girl who is a gyaru comes to his house after school and she will not go home. It leads to some interesting storylines indeed and is very entertaining. Mostly its something some dudes would actually like to happen to them. To have a girl companion in highschool if not to date but just to be friends.
Kuchi Ga Saketemo Kimi Ni Wa (2020)
This work can be very disturbing as it features the slit mouth woman who is to be married to a dude to prevent her from disappearing. I mean in the one shot; the face of the woman is drawn very detailed. In the first actual comic she has string sowed to keep her mouth shut. Very much she is not human and is based on the folklore of the slit mouth woman and is her in this story. Really is just a type of spirit that only exists when humans acknowledge they exist. Thus; the whole existence of hers is secure if she marries a human. There is a specific family that marries these type of spirits and the male protagonists be apart of that group/family. I have not read the story much but it is like a slice of life work very much. As the story goes on you likely won't see the slit mouth woman in full detail but really much the story to what I have read is not my favorite cup of tea. Its just kinda of boring and is slice of life as well.
Yozakura Quartet
I have not read this manga since 2016 and really much don't even remember where last I picked up the story or what chapter I was on but when I read the latest chapter I did not even what was happening. Simply did not know the characters being featured and everything was just weird and different. The storyline I did not even know anymore and really much the story is one that updates so slow that a person would have to wait 6 years for the story to progress far and they not get restless waiting for the next chapter. I thought enough the story is kinda going to the whole doom and gloom thing that Black Clover, My Hero Academia, Chainsaw Man and Jujustu Kaisen has done. I mean I think that the story is kinda of interesting on how it has these erotic elements where you are teased the boobs and the beauty of the women characters-its just that a person has seen the whole doom and gloom so many times to which I thought this story could have gone another direction.
Comments
Post a Comment