Mr. Speed the tour
I have decided I will make Mr. Speed in one day. Mr. Speed is a work that was actually created in 2005 when I went to middle school, 5th grade, by the way. Some people certainly think they know Kyombe but literally you don't know Kyombe when it all raised. Did not exist when I made the 2007-2008 post and you're to donate there; that's really the beginning of it but its true origin is when it was called smile.
What I did last year was to do the basic ones of that era, that basic era, the 2004 era, Mysterious and Changer, Zino, Magma109 109 and Universe Express. To represent that time period there are actually more of them but these were like the main ones, you know? I gotta say to you that literally these works are the works that have struggled to create for years. Most people who only hear the adult me speak about them, but you would never actually know the true spirit of the true original.
I had big plans for these things and yet they kind of shorten out by things that should have never happened and yet people have disrespected my vision. They have disrespected my vision and so I must bring it back to the main.
I struggle to even know what to post sometimes after all this shit happened. I could just be aimlessly wandering about making stories that are so far from this origin but I am not that. I have overcome that. I was not swept away with creativity. I stay disciplined and alert to my true nature and cause to make these works.
I found a section of my old books I used to draw in and it captures the spirit of what I wanted. The fire that still lives inside me, though a bit weakened. I thought to myself, "What is the best way to utilize things?" I have thought to myself, "What is the thing to do?" It's a turn of the most forgotten works into a means of teaching people how they were created. Over time these works will be created in this form and fashion.
Wow! Some people pretend they know me but you can't actually know me if you never knew I did these works. Now if you went to that college and you think you know me, you don't. If you think you know me from anywhere else, you don't. Ultimately you don't know who I truly am.
You know I look back and Slayers of Wolf was actually supposed to be a graphic novel but I didn't know how to do that back then so I just drew some images. Sometimes kind of sad but not really. I eventually did write the novels. I just didn't publish them. I find myself realizing some great system. I'm just gonna say that even what vision I had back then blows away the vision I have now. Even though it's more complicated, it has to make up so much to fill in, which is a void.
When I look at this stuff I haven't looked at in so long, I remember what I was trying to do. The child in me speaks through these works. I will do what Mr. Speedwide did with Friends Noodle, this time 2005-2006. You can look at it on the actual Kyombe blog; more like I'm not gonna actually post it on here. Not at all. I think this is a better way to tell a story, a life story, than what I was originally going to do this weekend, this week, which is abating. There are too many things I have to disclose. How can I actually tell you how to do it when I can't actually speak about everything that happens in my life?
When I began Mr. Speed, it was 2005. The culture of everything that you know today doesn't exist yet. What was there? There's nothing. There's nothing anyone can actually point to and say that exists because it didn't. Nothing existed yet.
Ultimately it's so long ago that Gen Z was never even; a 20-year-old was not born yet if you go to certain points in time in the year. Okay? That's how long ago it was. So long ago a 20-year-old is not born yet. Yes! I actually took some pictures of my old stuff but I am not going to show it at this time. It features all the old versions of the works. I typically don't show these things because I don't want people to have a view of reference, a view of reference that they can use to corrupt things. That shall only be viewed by me.
The funny thing about how people used to talk about diversity today is complete bullshit. I feature a lot of different people and color in my works but this is to say that the time was different. This is the time when they basically call people from Latin America illegals or aliens. It's in this time period that I make slayers of wolves who are Latinos. Most of the people in these works, these early works, are Latino, like what's it called, mysterious and changer, Mr. Speed is also. Ultimately why did I do this? Because I could. I did not appreciate people who are of Latino origin being called aliens. This was not a work to humanize them; it was to rebel against the white purity culture at the time period. For some people their favorite show, The Office, comes on in this time period but I hated that show. There's a show called on CW (it was called WB back then) called The Reaper and Kingdom Hearts was a dang Teen Titans and Teen Titans, Big Hero Six, the actual comic that was good not the movie, which was okay. You had a Marvel anime comic book thingy. You had so many different cool anime-inspired shows and works that it was just a different time period than what is today. I say the time of anime-inspired things versus whatever the time this is. We just import this stuff now. That is what formed the perspective and what influenced me in these many different works but this was not the beginning era. This was like the middle point. This is beginning to become like the peak time period, the peak year. You only had two more years or something before Teen Titans would go off the air. I never actually saw it on cable because I didn't have cable and so it only came on WB on Saturday mornings. It didn't come on the weekdays either despite them showing cartoons in the past. Yet I find myself pretty much enamored greatly by these shows, this culture. This was the culture of the time period but by 2006 that started to die out, at least in my eyes. It was replaced by surfer culture for me at least. I don't know about everyone else of course but for me that is it.
Did I feature anything surfer-esque in my work? No but the thing is that it was heavily implied if I was to actually create the series I was going to, but I never did. I can do that now. Ultimately Kevin M is supposed to be that level of replacement, that level of showing that cultural significant jump. My aunt brought these swimming trunks for me and I was like, "Oh yeah if I could be a surfer I could do it." The thing is I cannot swim and I have a fear of swimming.
Did I ever become a surfer? The answer is no. I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it because for one thing I don't live near water and two you're still a kid. Even if I could I never would have the chance to do so. In the summer they used to show in 2006 this show called Kyle XY. Did this actually have a bearing on Mr. Speed? No it's actually the backdrop to why the culture changes from a more, let's say, anime from a Latino perspective to a more surfer culture.I explain all these things because many people don't even know what any of these shows are, and if you watch Teen Titans Go!, you don't know what Teen Titans truly is. That's what this show, that's what Mr. Speed was supposed to be, ultimately following the times but I never actually got around to it. I'm here today to do it, to finally, after 20 years, complete the dream and get on with my life as it was supposed to be.
Times were tough in those days. You just don't understand the idea, the identity of a black person who has to suffer with the trauma of learning that slavery existed. Now some people are like, "Is a person supposed to be feeling good about that?" No. That literally, your whole life will be impacted by this. That there will not be any fair opportunities because of this. That everything will be fucked up because of this, forever. You don't actually get a fair shot at anything. Okay? You always happen to angle yourself, angle this. It's not who you truly are.
I tell this to these people who I went to school with. Ultimately I'm playing a game. You never knew me. No. Like shit. Who the fuck would actually show their true self around a bunch of people who could be racist, to which many of the people actually are racist and never valued your friendship in the first fucking place? I play no games in this time. I get serious now. Why do I get serious? Things have gone too far. People need to know they fucked up. They fucked up. You can't just try to erase an entire person's history and that's why I probably have to say to myself, "When those people came against me that day, just trying to reinforce their own history on to me, which is not the truth, by the way." I have lived their entire separate life with different adventures than they could ever imagine and am greatly better for it. At the end of the day I find myself finding myself much better that I am discriminated against so that I learn how the world truly is against somebody who just lives this basic, banal existence of white privilege or tries to confer white identity. You should not get it confused that just because I feature white characters does not mean that I want to become a white character. No, they are only meant to be solely distinguishable from any greater political landscape unless otherwise it's stated.
I am not a racist. I am not going to say all white people are racist but if there's any time in the person's life where they were challenged with their most pressing thing in their life, it was then. It was also at the same time in 2005, so many people trying to control you by the image. Being black and black people themselves never taking their own selves so seriously, despite this profound truth. Calling themselves the N-word over and over again, hoping that gives them power; it never does.
The thing, the great thing, is that I create these works. In spite of all these things, trying to degrade my character, my integrity, that is why I don't appreciate that show called Avatar of Mishmi. It's ultimately like I know what it's like to be a kid in that situation and for I, for one, do not approve of its depiction of things. That is not how things went for me at least.
Ultimately these people, these black teachers, have the summation: they think that everyone is a person without a father or some bullshit and it's just very pathetic. They just build so much ego around pissing on younger black people that it's disgusting. I have so many adventures from that time period. I would have ruined by it by now if I hadn't been hindered by other things. I could have lived a better life by now but no.
You see despite what people say, racism never goes away in life. This work is hindered because of that. Surely I want that to be known but yet it's time to go back to what this work was supposed to be.
Comments
Post a Comment